NIFT Syllabus 2024: CAT, GAT and Situation Test Syllabus PDF, Important Topics & Weightage
NIFT Syllabus 2024 – The NIFT 2024 syllabus is a crucial guide for aspirants preparing for the entrance exam. It encompasses various elements to evaluate a candidate’s aptitude for design and fashion. Divided into two main components – the Creative Ability Test (CAT) and the General Ability Test (GAT) – the syllabus covers aspects such as design concepts, visualization, logical reasoning, and quantitative aptitude. Understanding the NIFT 2024 syllabus is essential for candidates aiming to excel in both the creative and analytical segments of the exam, ensuring a comprehensive evaluation of their readiness for a dynamic career in the world of fashion and design.
NIFT Entrance Exam 2024 Syllabus Highlights
National Institute of Fashion Technology Entrance Examination
National Institute of Fashion Technology
Level of the Exam
B.Des- 100 questions, B.F.Tech- 150 questions
Each correct answer is normally awarded one mark, while 0.25 points are deducted for each incorrect response.
Sectional Time Limit
There is no sectional time limit
Course Wise NIFT 2024 Syllabus
- For B.Des and M.Des:-
Quantitative Ability: Proficiency in Addition, Multiplication, Ratio and Proportion, etc.
Communication Ability: Assessment of language skills with questions on synonyms, antonyms, idioms, and spelling.
English Comprehension:Evaluation of the ability to understand passages.
Analytical Ability: Examination of logical reasoning skills.
General Knowledge and Current Affairs: Assessment of awareness.
- For B.F.Tech, M.F.M, M.Des, M.F.Tech:-
Quantitative Ability: Coverage of topics like Addition, Multiplication, etc.
Communication Ability and English Comprehension: Evaluation of language skills.
Analytical and Logical Ability: Testing inference and problem-solving abilities.
General Knowledge and Current Affairs: Assessment of awareness.
Case Study: Evaluation of managerial ability.
M.F.Tech (additional):Inclusion of engineering-related questions.
NIFT 2024 Syllabus
The syllabus for the NIFT 2024 entrance exam varies slightly depending on the program for which the candidate is applying. However, there are common elements that are generally covered in the entrance exam for various courses.
NIFT 2024 Syllabus- GAT
The following is the NIFT 2024 Syllabus for the General Ability Test or the GAT:-
Skill Tested, Types of questions
This sub-test is designed to test the quantitative ability of the candidates. The subtest consists of questions on Addition, Multiplication, Division, Fractions, Percentages, Rate of Interest, Work and Task, Ratio and Proportion, and Distance.
Communication Ability and English Comprehension
This sub-test is aimed at testing the language ability of the candidates in day-to-day communication in English. It includes questions on synonyms, antonyms, words with corresponding meanings, singular, plural, one-word substitutes, idioms and phrases, correct spellings, comprehending a situation from a given passage, etc.
Analytical Ability and Logical Ability
This sub-test is designed to test the candidate’s capacity for inference and logic from the given information and to evaluate the candidate’s ability to identify the given problem and apply reasoning in solving the core issues of the problem. Concepts and practices of creative and lateral thinking are likely to be useful.
General Knowledge and Current Affairs
This sub-test is designed to test the candidate’s general knowledge and current affairs. Candidates must keep themselves updated with the latest happenings.
This sub-test is based on a situation in an industry environment. It helps to evaluate the candidate’s managerial ability.
NIFT 2024 Syllabus- CAT
The following is the NIFT 2024 Syllabus for the Creative Ability Test or the CAT:-
|Important topics for NIFT CAT Paper 2024
|Inspiration & Design Development
|Colour Psychology & Optical Illusions
|Elements & Principles Of Design
|Mood, Theme & Colour Inter-relationship
|Natural & Geometrical Form
|Innovation in Design
|Principles of Composition
|Creative thinking & writing
|Understanding Light & Shade
|Form & Function
|Colour, Pattern & Texture
|Inspiration & Creativity
|Ornaments & motifs
|Use of Measurements, Scale & proportions
|Foreshortening & Perspective
|Developing Themes & Colour Associations
|Usage of Colour in Compositions
|Imagination & Doodling
|Expression & Emotion
|Exercises on imagination
|Graphics & Pictograms
|Innovation & Creation
NIFT 2024 Syllabus- Situation Test
The following is the NIFT 2024 Syllabus for the Situation Test:-
- Shortlisted candidates for B.Des after the entrance examination are required to take a Situation Test which is a hands-on test to evaluate the candidate’s skills for material handling and innovative ability on a given situation with a given set of materials.
- No additional material will be provided / allowed.
- Candidate will be asked to make a model.
- The model will be evaluated on space visualization, innovative and creative use of given material, composition of elements, color scheme, construction skill, finesse of the model and overall presentation etc.
- These parameters will be checked with the write up explaining the concept behind the model constructed.
- Since the medium of instruction in NIFT is English, the write-up will be in English. No marks will be given for write-up in any other language.
- The use of outside/additional material in making the model/design is not permitted.
- Also, candidates who try to disclose their identity by writing any personal details or place any identification mark on the model/ design/write-up shall be ‘DISQUALIFIED’ and the final result of these candidates shall not be declared.
- The evaluation of the test will be done by the Jury on the spot.
- The model will not be preserved for future reference.
NIFT 2024 Syllabus- Personal Interview
The following is the NIFT 2024 Syllabus for the Personal Interview:-
The personal interview (PI) process will assess the candidate based on the following criteria:
- Career Orientation: Evaluation of the candidate’s clarity and focus regarding their career goals and aspirations.
- Aptness for the Course:Assessment of the candidate’s suitability and alignment with the chosen course of study.
- Overall Personal Achievements in Academics and Co-curricular Activities: Examination of the candidate’s accomplishments in both academic and extracurricular domains.
- Communication:Evaluation of the candidate’s ability to express ideas and thoughts effectively.
- General Awareness and Aptitude, Creative and Lateral Thinking: Assessment of the candidate’s general knowledge, problem-solving skills, creativity, and ability to think laterally.
During the personal interview, these dimensions will be scrutinized to gain a comprehensive understanding of the candidate’s suitability for the academic program and their potential for success in the chosen field.
NIFT 2024 Syllabus for Group Discussion
Candidates will be judged based on the below-mentioned concept:
- Conceptual clarity
- Knowledge of the topic assigned
- The contribution made to the topic
- Interpersonal skills
- Ability to generate new ideas
- Problem-solving approach
- Leadership qualities
- Effective communication
NIFT Entrance Exam 2024 FAQs
Q What will be the mode of NIFT 2024 entrance test?
Ans NIFT 2024 will be conducted in Computer-Based mode.
Q Is Math required for NIFT 2024 ?
Ans You do not need to study math to take the NIFT 2024 entrance exam. But, it can be useful to know some math for the General Ability Test (GAT) section that measures your numerical and problem-solving skills. This section includes topics like arithmetic, fractions, percentage, interest, work and time, ratio and proportion, and distance.
Q What will be the syllabus of the NIFT 2024 Situation Test?
Ans NIFT 2024 Syllabus for situation tests is given below.
- Construction Skill
- Space visualization
- Color scheme
- Innovative and creative use of given material
- The finesse of the model and overall
- Composition of elements
Q What will be the NIFT syllabus 2024 for General Ability Test (GAT)?
Ans The topics included in GAT are mentioned below:
- General knowledge and current affairs
- Case Study
- Effective Communication
- Communication ability and English comprehension
- Problem-solving approach
- Analytical and logical ability
The NIFT Entrance exam 2024 is expected to take place in the first week of February 2024 with the result expected to be released in May 2024. Whether it’s the quantitative proficiency tested in areas like Addition and Ratio, the language skills assessed through Communication Ability, or the logical reasoning and managerial abilities evaluated in Analytical and Logical Ability and Case Study, respectively, the syllabus provides a comprehensive examination. The inclusion of specific sections like English Comprehension and General Knowledge ensures a holistic evaluation of a candidate’s readiness for a dynamic and creative career in the fashion industry. The exam is a national level exam and is conducted once a year.
Also See :