NCHMCT announces National Hospitality Teachers Eligibility (NHTET) 2023 for Assistant Lecturer and Teaching Associates
NHTET 2023 – National Council for Hotel Management and Catering Technology (NCHMCT), Ministry of Tourism, Govt. of India invites online applications for the National Hospitality Teachers Eligibility Test (NHTET) 2023 November Exam. NHTET is a scheme to filter the best among the better to declare them eligible for Assistant Lecturer and Teaching Associates in NCHMCT affiliated IHMs. However, the candidate qualifies NHTET and declared eligible for Assistant Lecturer will have the only right to apply against any vacancy, if announced by NCHMCT’s affiliated IHMs, either of Government sector, PSU owned or Private sector.Interested candidates can check all the details of NCHMCT NHTET-2023 (November), like application form, eligibility criteria, application procedure etc. from this page give below.
Candidates desirous of applying must keep in mind the important dates for the NHTET 2023 which are given below-
- Online application through NCHM portal (nchm.gov.in) from 27.08.2023 to 07.10.2023
- Last date of fee submission Up to 10.10.2023
- Download Admit Card from 25.10.2023 to 03.11.2023
- Date of NHTET Exam through CBT Mode in all 16 cities 1st Shift (Paper I and Paper II) – from 10.00 a.m. to 12.00 hours 2nd Shift (Paper III) – from 2.00 p.m. to 4.00 p.m. 04.11.2023 (Saturday)
- Downloading of individual response sheet and answer key by the appeared candidates from 07.11.2023 to 09.11.2023
- Challenge of Answer key by the appeared candidate with proper evidence in the portal Up to 10.11.2023
- Uploading of revised Answer Key, if any changes made after challenge 21.11.2023
- Declaration of final result of NHTET November 2023 exam 24.11.2023
NHTET 2023 Eligibility Criteria
Candidates must ensure that prerequisites specific eligibility criteria is fulfilled in order to be eligible for the exam:-
- Full time Bachelor’s Degree in Hospitality Administration/ Hotel Management after 10+2 form a recognized University with at least 60% marks with at least 2 years industry experience after obtaining Degree (or)
- Full time Master’s Degree in Hospitality Administration/Hotel Management after Bachelor’s Degree in Hospitality Administration / Hotel Management from a recognized University with at least 60% marks either in Bachelor or Master’s Degree.
- Candidates appearing in the final semester/final year exam of the master’s degree and have passed all subjects of previous year/ semester, and also having Bachelor’s Degree in Hospitality Administration/Hotel Management from a recognized University with at least 60% marks, can also apply.
- Age should not be more than 35 years. Relaxation of age by 5 years for those belong to SC/ST/PD categories, 3 years for those belong to OBC categories is applicable as per rules
- The maximum age in NHTET to be held from January to May, will be reckoned as on 31st July of the same year. Similarly maximum age in NHTET to be held from July to October will be reckoned as on 31st December of the same year in following manner:
(TA – Teaching Associates. AL – Assistant Lecturer)
- General and EWS Categories – TA 30 years, AL 35 years.
- OBC Category- TA 33 years, AL 38 Years.
- SC/ST and PD Categories- TA 35 years, AL 40 years.
The NHTET 2023 Application form has already been released. All candidates have to follow the registration process for the NHTET Exam
- Candidate should go through the details of the Brochure and see the requirement to fill the application form on-line in the portal https://nchm.gov.in
- There will be two windows available in the portal- one will be in the name of “Generic” is for the candidates qualified with General Hospitality/ Hotel Management/ Administration and another will be in the name of “F&B Specialisation” for the candidates qualified with Culinary Art/ Science.
- Candidates have to pay the Application Fee through Banking Payment Gateway by using Debit/ Credit Card or by using UPI or other options available in the link.
- Scan copy of passport size photograph in the required resolution and required pixel should be maintained to upload that in the application.
- Scan copy of one of the valid ID card in the required resolution and required pixel will also be required to upload in the application. ID card can be Aadhar Card, PAN Card, Voter ID, Driving Licence and Passport.
- Scan copy of the signature of the candidate in the required resolution and required pixel also be required to upload in the application.
- All the information so filled by a candidate should be correct and spellings should also be correct
- Candidate has to follow the schedule of events, since no separate communication will be made by the Council to the individual Candidate.
- Online Application Fee Rs.800/- for General/ EWS /OBC categories (male candidates only) and Rs.400/- for all female and transgender candidates as well as SC/ST/PD categories (fee can be revised in future NHTET)
- To be submitted along with the print out of the confirmation copy of the duly filled in and on line submitted application form.
Scheme of Test
- The Test will consist of three papers. All the three papers will consist of only objective type questions and will be held once in a calendar year. However, in case of insufficient candidates are qualified, the NCHMCT can hold the exam twice in a calendar year. The test will be held on a single day in two separate sessions mentioned below.
|Session and duration||Paper||No. of Questions||Marks||Negative Marking|
|Paper I||50 Questions||100||½ mark for each wrong answer or for double attempted.
0 marks for the questions not attempted.
|First (2 hours)||(each question will carry 2 marks)|
|From 10.00 a.m.
to 12.00 hours
|Paper II||50 Questions||100|
|(each question will carry 2 marks)|
|Second||Paper III||100 Questions||200|
|(2 hours) from 2.00 p.m. to 4.00 p.m.||(each question will carry 2 marks)|
- Paper-I shall be of general nature, intended to assess the teaching/research aptitude of the candidate. It will primarily be designed to test aptitude and method towards teaching, reasoning ability, comprehension, divergent thinking and general awareness/knowledge of the candidate. Fifty (50) multiple choice questions of two marks each will be given, out of which the candidate would be required to answer all fifty (50)
- Paper-II shall consist of 50 multiple choice questions of Nutrition, Food science, General Management, hotel accounts and Food Costing. Each question will carry two marks.
- Paper-III shall consist of 100 multiple choice questions. Paper III will be of two types, one for “Generic” and another for “F & B Specialisation”.
Procedure & Criteria for Declaration of Result
- NHTET (knowledge test on MCQ) will comprise of following steps:
- Step I: Minimum marks to be obtained in NHTET for considering a candidate eligibility for Assistant Lecturer and Teaching Associates in NCHM and its any affiliated IHM:
- The candidates are required to obtain following minimum marks separately in Paper-I, Paper-II, Paper-III and Aggregate of three Papers, to become eligible for both i.e. Assistant Lecturer and Teaching Associate
- Step II: Amongst those candidates who have cleared step I, a detailed mark sheet-cum-certificate will be prepared and send to such candidates. The said certificate will remain valid for the period mentioned on it, to apply for a post of Assistant Lecturer/ Teaching Associates in NCHM or any of its affiliated IHMs.
- NHTET (knowledge test on MCQ) will comprise of following steps:
- Step III: Those candidates who have not cleared step I, a detailed tabulation sheet containing marks will be prepared with a remark ‘not cleared’ and will be displayed in the web portal https://nchm.gov.in.
- Candidate has to download the Admit Card from the portal between the specific time periods allotted for this purpose.
- No printed Admit card will be sent by surface male to any candidate.
- No candidate will be allowed to enter in to the exam hall without a print out of Admit Card and the original Id card uploaded in the application form
NHTET Test Centres
- (1) Delhi or Noida; (2) Jaipur; (3) Mumbai; (4) Gandhinagar; (5) Chennai; (6) Bhopal; (7) Kolkata; (8) Guwahati; (9) Chandigarh; (10) Bhubaneswar; (11) Gurdaspur or Pathankot; (12) Hyderabad; (13) Lucknow; (14) Bengaluru; (15) Hajipur or Patna; (16) Thiruvananthapuram
For more details and to apply, please visit the official website