MIT Institute of Design announces Design Aptitude Test (DAT) 2024 for Admission to B.Des & M.Des Courses, Apply now
MIT DAT 2024 – MIT Institute of Design (MITID) invites application for admission to the B.Des & M.Des Program with the following specialization through Design Aptitude Test (DAT-2024) for the academic year 2024. MIT DAT is conducted primarily to evaluate and shortlist the eligible candidates aspiring to pursue Undergraduate (B. Des), Post Graduate program (M. Des) at flagship institutes under the umbrella of MIT Group of Institutes Pune providing quality education in the field of design. MIT DAT (MIT Design Aptitude Test) 2024, is conducted jointly for admissions to B.Des & M.Des programs offered at MIT ID Pune (MIT ADT University) Pune, MIT ID Indore (Avantika University) Indore, MIT ID Shillong (MIT University) Shillong. Interested candidate can check the post below for more details on MIT DAT 2024 such as program offered, important dates, eligibility criteria, exam pattern, application process and more
MIT Design Aptitude Test (MIT DAT) 2024
B Des and M Des Programs Offered
There are various design programs offered by MIT Institute of Design at its campuses at Pune, Indore and Shillong at UG and PG Level. We have listed the program offered for the academic session 2024-24.
- Industrial Design in Product Design, Transportation Design, Interior, Space & Furniture Design, Retail Design, User Experience Design
- Communication Design in Graphic Design, Animation Film Design, Film & Video Design, Game Design (only for B.Des), Immersive Media Design (only for M.Des), Transcultural Design (only for M.Des)
- Fashion Design (B.Des Fashion Design & B.Des Fashion Communication)
- Management Program (M.Des Design Management, M.Des Fashion Management & Marketing, Collaborative Twinning Programs)
Candidates interested to apply for MIT DAT 2024 must keep in mind the important dates which are given below-
- Last date for Form Submission : February 29th, 2024
- Design Aptitude Test : April 07th, 2024
- DAT Result : April 22nd, 2024
- Fashion Studio Test and Interview (B.Des): May 06th – 13th May, 2024
- Fashion Studio Test and Interview (M.Des): May 14th – 18th May, 2024
MIT DAT 2024 Eligibility Criteria
It is crucial for students to ensure their eligibility to apply for MIT DAT 2024. Here we have listed down the important eligibility criteria for admission.
- For Bachelor of Design Program (4 years, 8 semesters) : Candidates should have passed intermediate/10+2 from any stream from any State Boards AISSCE/ IB/ ISC.
- The students have to clear the admission process consisting of Design Aptitude test followed by studio test & personal interview.
- For Master of Design Program (4 years, 8 semesters) : Candidates should have passed Graduate or its equivalent (10+2+3 minimum) from any recognized university.
- The students have to clear the admission process comprising of Design Aptitude test followed by studio test and personal interview
MIT DAT 2024 Application Process
Follow the step by step instruction given below to register for MIT DAT. All candidates have to follow the application process for the MIT DAT 2024 Exam
- Eligible Candidates can apply online only through the official Website https://dat.net.in/ or www.mitid.edu.in
Steps for online Registration for DAT (Design Aptitude Test)
- Step 1 : Register for MIT DAT
- Step 2 : An automated verification link will be sent to your registered email ID. Activate your account by clicking the link.
- Step 3 : Provide the required details in the application form.
- Step 4 : Upload the passport size photograph, accept the declaration and submit the online application form.
- Step 5 : Proceed to payment option and pay Rs 3000 for Indian applicants and and Rs 4500 for NRI, PIO, OCI and Foreign Nationals
- Step 6 : On scrutiny, verification and acceptance of application form, Admit cards will be generated and sent to candidates’ registered email id. Candidates can also download the Admit Card by login to his/ her profile on DAT portal.
MIT DAT 2024 Application Fee
- Candidates are required to pay the application fee to sit for the examination. The application fee for
- Indian applicants is Rs. 3000/-
- NRI, PIO, OCI and Foreign Nationals candidates are required to pay Rs. 4500/-
Mode of Payment :
- Through online by Debit card / Credit card or Net Banking
MIT DAT 2024 Admission Procedure
- The Admission Process for admission to B.Des and M.Des Program of MIT Institute of Design is in two Phases:
Phase 1 – Design Aptitude Test (DAT) :
- Design Aptitude Test (DAT) will be conducted on April 07th, 2024 between 9 AM to 12 PM at various test centers across India. (Ahmedabad, Bengaluru, Bhopal, Indore, Chandigarh, Chennai, Delhi, Goa, Hyderabad, Jaipur, Kolkata, Lucknow, Mumbai, Nagpur, Pune)
- The MIT DAT committee reserves its right to change or cancel any of these centers.
- Based on scores obtained from MIT DAT, shortlisted candidates will be called for studio test and personal interview.
- MIT Institute of Design Pune, Avantika University Ujjain & MIT University Shillong will have their separate merit list of shortlisted candidates.
Phase 2 – Studio Test and Interview :
- The studio tests followed by personal interviews will be conducted separately by MIT Institute of Design Pune and Avantika University Ujjain.
- The list of shortlisted candidates for the Studio test and Personal Interview will be announced on the respective websites of MIT ID Pune and Avantika University Ujjain.
- All those candidates called for the studio test and personal interview are required to attend the studio tests and interview, which completes the process of selection.
- The norms for the selection are the sole prerogative of the Admission Committee and the decision of the Admission Committee and the Management in any of the matters concerning the admission process and selection will be final.
MIT DAT very carefully designs the center level tests, the materials tests, and the personal interviews to ensure that candidates who have the best potential to become designers are given a preference for admission. Candidates who have the following abilities will be given preference for admission into the professional courses on offer at all the four universities.
- Sharp ability to analyse things, situations, contexts and to map the situation
- Sharp ability to identify the constituent elements of a given thing or a situation and an overall assessment of the same (internalisation)
- Sharp ability to synthesise, i.e., having an ability to interpret, plan and evolve directions or strategies to address any given situation or set of issues (attitude towards problem solving)
- Ability to keenly observe any given thing or situation (keenness of perception). This goes beyond just “looking” at a thing rather than more of “seeing”
- Ability to relevantly classify and categorise information which is being rolled out and thereby to find connections, relationships to draw rational inferences(“pattern seeking”)
- Ability to “learn” as opposed to bookish knowledge. Capacity for learnability by being mentally agile and flexible (learning to learn)
- From the above, capacity to generate knowledge and its application
- Ability to handle different materials and media which may or may not be familiar
- Ability to emphatise – being sensitive towards feelings, needs and emotions of others and to have an ability to relate oneself with others in various contexts, specific situations, events etc.
- Having unbounded curiosity towards things, people, situations etc,. A sense of wonderment, having a constant urge to ask questions and an urge to find out the what’s, whys, how’s, when’s about the world and beyond.
- Being individualistic i.e., having independent viewpoints and convictions (as opposed to stubbornness)
- Being very much aware about what is going on in the world and beyond and having a “worldview”
- Good ability to communicate – both verbal communication and non-verbal communication(may be through drawing, sketching and other media)
- Ability to function or work as a good team member
- Having an ability to be tenacious – not “giving up” easily
- Attitude towards neatness, precision and production of quality work
MIT DAT 2024 Admit Card
- On scrutiny, verification and acceptance of application form, Admit card will be generated by 02nd or 03rd week of March and Candidates can download the Admit Card by login to his/ her profile on MIT DAT portal.
MIT DAT 2024 Test Centers
- Ahmedabad, Bengaluru, Bhopal, Indore, Chandigarh, Chennai, Delhi, Goa, Hyderabad, Jaipur, Kolkata, Lucknow, Mumbai, Nagpur, Pune.
For more details and to apply online, please visit the official website
- Latest Entrance Exam Notifications and Dates 2023
- Fashion Design Entrance Exams and Admission Notifications 2023