JIPMER announces MDS Entrance Exam for Admission 2019 July Session
JIPJIPMER MDS Admission 2019 – Jawaharlal Institute of Postgraduate Medical Education and Research (JIPMER), Chandigarh invites applications from eligible candidates for JIPMER PG Medical Entrance Exam 2019 for admission to MDS Courses for the academic session starting from July 2019.
Interested candidates can check all the details of JIPMER MDS Entrance Exam 2019 like application form, eligibility criteria, counselling procedure etc. from this page give below.
- Jawaharlal Institute of Postgraduate Medical Education and Research (JIPMER), Puducherry under Government of India since the year 1956, is one of the leading Medical Institutions of India. Admission to all Professional Courses at JIPMER is through an Entrance Exam conducted by JIPMER at various Centers in India.
- JIPMER imparts Undergraduate (UG), Postgraduate (PG) and Super Specialty Medical Training through a working hospital (JIPMER Hospital) with bed strength of Sanctioned 2134 and a Nursing College. M.B.B.S., B.Sc., M.Sc., M.D., M.S, Degree Courses are offered in various disciplines.
Duration of the Course
- Duration of the MDS course is Three (3) years i.e. 36 months from the date of admission
Courses & Seat Distribution
- MDS Courses are offered in the following disciplines and the distribution of seats discipline wise is as under:
- Orthodontics & Dentofacial Orthopedics (01 Seat)
- Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery (01 Seat)
JIPMER MDS Entrance Exam 2019 Important Dates
- Online Registration from 28th February 2019 11.00 AM
- Online Registration Closes on 01st April 2019 05.00 PM
- Download of Hall Ticket from JIPMER Website (Hall Tickets will be made available through Internet download ONLY and NOT by Post): 29th April 2019 (10.00 AM) to 18th May 2019 (Sunday) 8.00 AM
- Date of Entrance Exam (Single Shift – Online Mode Only): 18th May 2019 (Saturday 10.00 am to 11.30 am for MDS Course)
- Expected Date of Publication of Merit List: on or before 31st May 2019
- Counselling dates for choosing discipline:
- Certificate Verification & Counseling for MDS Course: 11th June 2019 [08.00 am]
- Commencement of Course 01st July 2019 09.00 AM
- Close of Admissions for MDS – July 2019 Session 31st August 2019
Eligibility Criteria for JIPMER MDS Admission 2019
- Indian Nationals (IN): Applicant must be an Indian National or Overseas Citizens of India (OCI)
- Non-Resident Indians (FN): Non-Resident Indians candidates are required to route their application through the Ministry of Health and Family Welfare, Govt. of India, New Delhi. All Non-Resident Indians will have to take prior permission from the Medical Council of India before applying for postgraduate Courses in the Institute. An advance copy of the application and copy of request to MCI must be submitted at JIPMER, Puducherry before the last date of receipt of applications.
- A candidate must have completed the required period of 12 months compulsory rotating internship/Practical training on or before 30th June 2019 [*Candidates not completing the internship on or before 30th June 2019 need not apply for July 2019 session.
- No condonation of Compulsory Rotating Internship beyond this date shall be accepted] [As per DCI endorsement No.DE-130-2011/B-4978, dated 13.12.2011, candidature will be as per DCI Revised BDS Course (4th Amendment) Regulation-2011 published in Gazette notification (Extraordinary) Part-III, Section-4, dated 9.12.2011].
Minimum Qualifying Marks
- For candidates belonging to General (UR) / OCI / EWSs / SPONSORED / Foreign National/ OBC categories 55% marks in aggregate
- For candidates belonging to the SC/ST Categories 50% marks in aggregate
- For PWD candidates the minimum aggregate as provided in (i) and (ii) for the category to which the candidate belongs shall apply.
Scheme of Entrance Exam (MDS)
- Entrance Examination will be conducted through a Computer Based Test (CBT) [Online] only.
- The Exam shall be conducted in ENGLISH medium only. The Exam shall be held on Sunday, 18th May 2019 (Saturday) from 10.00 AM to 11.30 PM.
- Duration of the Exam shall be 1-hour (One hour); the Online (CBT) Entrance Examination will be conducted in one shift.
- Therefore, all candidates will be required to appear at CBT Online Entrance Examination, which will be conducted on Sunday, 18th May 2019 (Saturday). The venue, time and shift of the examination will be communicated to the candidates in the Admit Card.
- The Online (CBT) Entrance Examination will be conducted in One shift.
- The Entrance Exam is common to all and consists of 250 single best response type MCQs having four alternatives and the questions will be asked from the following subjects, and the distribution of no. of question is as detailed below:
Subjects/No. of Questions
- The Entrance Exam is common to all and consists of 100 single best response type MCQs having four alternatives and the questions will be asked from the following subjects and the distribution of no. of question is as detailed below:
- Basic Clinical Sciences & Biostatistics [General Anatomy including embryology and histology / General human physiology and Biochemistry/ Dental Anatomy, Embryology & Oral Histology / General Pathology and Microbiology / General and Dental Pharmacology and Therapeutics General Medicine General Surgery / Biostatistics]
- No. of Questions – 30
- Dental Science [Dental Materials/ Oral Pathology and Oral Microbiology / Oral Medicine and Radiology / Pedodontics and Preventive Dentistry / Orthodontics & Dentofacial Orthopedics / Periodontology / Prosthodontics and Crown & Bridge/ Conservative Dentistry and Endodontics / Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery / Public Health Dentistry]
No. of Questions – 70
- Candidates are advised to go through the Mock Test for computer based Test (online examination). Link for mock test is available on JIPMER Website JIPMER MDS Entrance Examination – July session 2019 link.
See: PG Medical Entrance Exams 2019
Exam Cities for Entrance Exam
- The following 10 cities are tentatively proposed in India as the examination centres: Ahmedabad, Bangalore, Bhubaneswar, Chennai, Kolkata, Mumbai, New Delhi, Puducherry, Trivandrum and Vijayawada
- Applicant can opt only for THREE EXAM cities
- The allotment of Exam City would be as per the order of preference clicked by applicant during on-line registration on a FIRST-CUM-FIRST served basis.
JIPMER MDS Entrance Exam 2019 Hall Tickets
- Hall Tickets for the Entrance Examination shall be available for download to candidates whose applications are complete in all respects, from 29th April 2019 (Monday) 11.00 AM onwards (tentative) in JIPMER Website.
- The hall ticket will contain: (1) Name and date of birth as typed by the candidate in the application; (2) Photo & Signature image as uploaded by the candidate; (3) Examination city allotted and roll number.
- NO change in the category/age/name/DOB (Date of Birth) will be entertained after submission of application.
JIPMER MDS Entrance Exam 2019 Application Process
- Candidates seeking admission to entrance examination is required to apply online. Log on to link in the Home page www.jipmer.edu.in and navigate to the link “Apply online MDS admission – July 2019
- Read the prospectus and instruction carefully; the candidate should acquaint himself/herself with all requirements with regard to filling up the application online.
- Application fees for each category as mentioned below to be paid by the candidate using any one of the following mode of payment. No other mode of payment will be accepted
- General (UR) / SPONSORED Rs.1600 + Transaction Charges as applicable
- OBC Rs.1600 + Transaction Charges as applicable
- SC/ST Rs.1200 + Transaction Charges as applicable
- NRI/OCI Rs.3000 + Transaction Charges as applicable
- OPH Exempted from Application Fees
Mode of Payment
- Only through Net-Banking/Credit Card/Debit Card Payment through computer generated Challan Form in any branch of State Bank of India
- The candidate is advised to read the prospectus and instructions before starting online registration
- For any query or clarification sought for this admission and Entrance Examination, the replies will be provided only from the, help lines and the emails mentioned below:
Help (Toll Free): 8002660669, Email: email@example.com; Enquiry (Academic Section): Please visit www.jipmer.edu.in regularly for notification/announcement etc. regarding this exam