University of Jammu notifies State Eligibility Test (JKSET/ LASET) 2021-22 for UT of J & K and UT of Ladakh for Assistant Professor
JKSET 2021 – J & K State Eligibility Test Agency University of Jammu, Jammu has released the notification for State Eligibility Test (JKSET/LASET -2021-22) for determining the eligibility of candidates for Assistant Professor in Universities and Colleges of UT of J&K (JKSET) and UT of Ladakh (LASET).
JKSET Dates 2021
- Release of Official notification: 10th December 2021
- Online application registration: 20th December 2021
- Last date to register: 20th January 2022
- Commencement of Correction in Online Application Form: 22nd January 2022
- Last date of correction/editing in Online Application Form: 24th January 2022
- Allotment of Roll Nos & Centers/sub-centers of exam & Availability of Admit Card: 01st May 2022
- JK SET 2021 Exam Date: 15th May 2022
JKSET Eligibility Criteria 2021
- The eligibility criteria are essential norms for any examination. For the JK SET 2021-2022 exam the eligibility criteria are set up by the conducting body, the University of Kashmir
Norm 1 – Academic Requirement
- Candidates should have completed their Undergraduate exams from a recognized university.
- The Ph.D. candidates receive a relaxation of 5% in aggregate marks (i.e. from 55% to 50%)in masters for appearing in JKSET.
- Can get a relaxation of 5% in aggregate marks (i.e. from 55% to 50%)in masters for appearing in JKSET.
- The candidates should appear for the subject of their post-graduation only.
- The general category candidates have to secure at least 55% marks (without rounding off) and reserved category candidates have to secure 50% marks in their last qualifying exams.
- Candidates appearing or have appeared for the Master’s degree examination can also apply for this Test.
Norm 2 – Exemption from the test
- Candidates qualified in the NET/SLET/UGC/CSIR JRF exams are exempted from the SET 2021- 2022 exam.
Age Limit & Relaxation
- There is no upper age limit for applying for JKSET/LASET
JKSET Application Process 2021
- Before submission of the “Online Application Form”, candidate should read this notification and Information Bulletin carefully
- All the notifications regarding the test including the result of the JKSET/LASET will be made available on the JKSET-LASET/ University of Jammu Website www.jammuuniversity.ac.in
- Candidates will not be individually intimated about different notifications including acceptance of forms, Centre notice, availability of Admit Cards and results etc. Candidates in their own interest should regularly check the official website for all information/updates
- Candidates of other States except UT of J & K and Ladakh, belonging to Reserved Categories, however, shall be treated as Open/General Category.
- Candidates must have to pay the following amount as the application fee for JK SET:
- General Category – Rs.1100/-
- OBC-NCL and Other Reserved Category – Rs.880/-
- SC/ST/Transgender/PwD with 40% Disability – Rs.660/-
Mode of Payment
- Candidates have to pay Exam Fee through Online Mode using the Payment Gateway(s) integrated to the Online Application by Credit Card/Debit Card/Net banking. Follow on screen instructions for payment of requisite fee.
- Please note that fee submitted by any other mode like money order, demand draft, IPO etc
JKSET 2021 Exam Pattern
- The Test will be held on 15th May 2022 (Sunday)
- Mode of the Exam: Offline exam (OMR based)
- Number of Papers: 3
- Type of Question: Objective Type Questions
- Marking Scheme: +2 marks for each correct answer and no mark deduction applies for incorrect answers
- Qualifying Marks: 40% marks in paper I, paper II and paper III separately
- Question formation has been placed in the table below:
60 (50 to be attempted)
1 ¼ hour
50 (All Compulsory)
1 ¼ hour
75 (All Compulsory)
2 ½ hours
- Updated Syllabi for all SET Subjects can be downloaded from the JKSET/LASET website. It is same as of NET and is also available at UGC website: https://www.ugcnetonline.in/syllabusnew.php
Centers of Exam
There shall be three Examination centers for candidates of the respective divisions
- Jammu Centre Centre Code – 1
- Srinagar Centre Centre Code – 2
- Leh Centre Centre Code – 3
For more details and to apply online, please visit official website