AIIMS New Delhi announces Institute of National Importance Super-Specialty Entrance Test (INI-SS) 2024 for Admission to DM, M.Ch. & MD Hospital Administration courses, Apply now
INI-SS 2024 January Notification – The All-India Institute of Medical Sciences, (AIIMS) New Delhi has released the notification for Institute of National Importance Super-Specialty Entrance Test (INI-SS) for Admission to DM, M.Ch. & MD Hospital Administration Courses for January 2024 Session. The entrance test for admission into DM/M.Ch./MD Hospital Administration Courses at Institutes of National Importance (INI) for Medical Education namely, AIIMS (all institute of AIIMS), JIPMER-Puducherry, PGIMER-Chandigarh, NIMHANS-Bengaluru and Sree Chitra Tirunal Institute for Medical Sciences & Technology- Thiruvananthapuram. The examination is held twice in a year for the January and July session of respective year.
Eligible aspirants can fill out the INI SS 2024 application form till October 11, 2023 and the status of the application form can be checked on October 14. The last date to submit the documents is October 18, 2023. The authority will issue the INI SS 2024 admit card to registered candidates on October 23, 2023. INI SS 2024 January season exam is scheduled to be held on October 28.
The objective of INI-SS is to conduct a common entrance test for preparation of merit list as per scheme of evaluation/ admission applicable at different INIs for admission in super specialty courses at participating Institutes of National Importance and allocation of single seat to each candidate based on his/her overall merit based on synchronized allocation of seats. AIIMS, New Delhi is the authority for deciding all aspects related to Combined Entrance Test such as application, conduct of exam, declaration of results. Seat Allocation is done by AIIMS New Delhi as per policy, rules & regulations of respective INI’s.
Institute of National Importance Super-Specialty Entrance Test (INI-SS) 2024
- DM/M.Ch. (3 years) Course
- MD (Hospital Administration)
INI SS Important Dates
Candidates desirous of applying for INI SS 2024 must keep in mind the important dates which are given below-
- Date of Uploading Prospectus and Starting of Online Registration: 27th September 2023
- Last date of Online Registration: 11th October 2023
- Status of Application & Rejected application with reason for rejection: 14th October 2023
- Last date for submission of required documents for Regularization of Rejected Application No Correspondence will be entertained after given date under any circumstances and candidates are requested NOT TO CONTACT the Exam Section: 18th October 2023
- Last date for Ministry of Health & Family Welfare, Govt. of India to forward an approval regarding “No Objection” to the Foreign National. Sponsorship certificate duly signed by competent authority for candidates applied under Sponsored seats should also be reached at Examination Section: 18th October 2023
- Finalization of Centers and allotment of Roll Nos/Admit Card on website: 23rd October 2023
- Written Test through online (CBT) Mode: 28th October 2023
- Expected date of declaration of Result (for all INIs): To be announced
- Expected date of declaration of Result(Stage-I) only for AIIMS applicant: To be announced
- Departmental Assessment (Only for AIIMS applicant): To be announced
- Final Result: To be announced
- Course Start Date: 01st January 2024
- Last date for fulfillment of Eligibility for admission: 31st January 2024
- Last date for admission in the course: 28th February 2024
INI SS 2024 Eligibility Criteria
AIIMS New Delhi has set out specific eligibility criteria for various Courses. Those candidates who wish to sit for the INI SS 2024 must ensure eligibility is fulfilled. The eligibility requirements are as follows-
MD Hospital Administration
- The candidate must possess MBBS or an equivalent degree (As per NMC)
- Must possess a minimum experience of three years in a Govt. Hospital in the relevant field or five years in general practice. A certificate issued by the District Magistrate in support of the general practice claimed should be uploaded.
- Candidates belonging to UR/OBC/EWS/Sponsored must have obtained 55% in aggregate in all MBBS Professional Examinations. Candidates belonging to SC/ST must have obtained a minimum of 50% marks in aggregate in all MBBS professionals.
- Must be registered with the Central /State Medical Registration Council.
- The candidates who have already done MD/MS or equivalent are not eligible for this course.
Graduated from Foreign Universities
- Indian National candidates who have graduated from foreign Universities must fill their NMC screening exam marks in percentage in the online form. Candidates must have obtained marks as mentioned above in the FMGE exam conducted by NBE any other authority of Govt. of India, Delhi.
DM/M.Ch. (3 years) Course
- DM-CARDIOLOGY: M.D/DNB in Medicine/Pediatrics of this Institute or any other University or equivalent degree recognized by the NMC
- DM-ENDOCRINOLOGY: M.D./ DNB Degree in Medicine/Paediatrics of this Institute or any other University or equivalent degree recognized by the NMC
- DM-NEPHROLOGY: M.D/DNB in Medicine/Paediatrics of this Institute or any other University or equivalent degree recognized by the NMC
- DM-NEUROLOGY: M.D. in Medicine/Pediatrics of this Institute or any other University or equivalent degree recognized by the NMC
*Candidates can check more details on eligibility criteria from the information brochure
- For AIIMS New Delhi & Other AIIMS: 35 years as on 1st January, 2024, i.e. Born on or after 01.01.1989
- For PGIMER, Chandigarh: 45 years as on 1st January, 2024, i.e. Born on or after 01.01.1979
- For NIMHANS, Bengaluru: 37 years as on 1st January, 2024, i.e. Born on or after 01.01.1987
- For SCTIMST, Thiruvananthapuram: 40 years as on 1st January, 2024, i.e. Born on or after 01.01.1984
- For JIPMER, Puducherry: No Upper Age Limit
Age Relaxation applicable at all INIs
- Upper age limit is relaxable for OBC Candidates by a maximum of 3 years.
- Upper age limit is relaxable in case of SC/ST candidates by a maximum of 5 years.
- Upper age limit is relaxable for Ex-Serviceman and Commissioned Officer including ECO, SSCO who have rendered or released on satisfactory assignment with age relaxation by a maximum of 5 years.
- The upper age limit is not applicable to sponsored candidates.
- The persons with benchmark disabilities shall be given an upper age relaxation of five years for admission to DM/M.Ch. for PWD candidates as per Right of persons with Disability Act, 2016.
- At NIMHANS Bengaluru, Upper age limit is 37 years as on 1st January, 2024, i.e. Born on or after 01.01.1987, for all Category Candidates i.e. for UR, OBC, EWS, SC, ST & PWBD
INI SS 2024 Application Process
The detailed step-by-step application process for INI SS 2024 has been mentioned below. Candidates can follow this steps to register themselves for INI SS 2024
- All information as well as access to processes related to INI-SS will be done through its online portal. The portal for INI-SS can be accessed from www.aiimsexams.ac.in >> Academic Course Tab >> and clicking on INI-SS
- The applicants are requested to visit the site frequently to keep themselves updated with the latest information.
- The access and different components of the application process will be enabled/ disabled as per the dates specified in the Important Dates Tab.
Steps to Register for INI SS 2024 Jan Session
- Visit the official site aiimsexams.ac.in.
- The home page will appear on the screen.
- At the left side of the page, candidates can see the “Online Registration for Institute of National Importance Super Speciality (INI-SS) for admission to DM/ M.Ch. / MD (Hospital Administration) January 2024 Session has been started” link.
- Fill in the details.
- Click on the “submit” button.
- Finally take an INI SS 2024 Application Form for future use.
The candidates have to pay an Application fee for the INI SS 2024 exam. The fee details are mentioned below-
- All Applicants: Rs.4000/- + Transaction Charges as applicable.
- PWBD: Exempted
- Note: The applicant can pay the prescribed application fee through Debit Card/ Credit Card/ Net Banking. Transaction/ Processing fee, if any, as applicable, will be payable to the respective bank, etc by the applicant.
INI-SS 2024 Exam Pattern
In order to prepare for the exam, one needs to have knowledge of the exam pattern which will help to prepare for the exam in a better way. Candidates are suggested to go through the INI SS Exam Pattern 2024 given below.
Exam will be conducted in two stage performance evaluation basis as described below
Stage-I: Applicable to all participating Institute
- Duration: 90 minutes
- Number of Questions: 80 Questions
- Total Marks: 80 Marks
- Language: English
- Type of Questions: Objective type of questions of Single Correct Choice
- Correct Answer: One Mark (+1)
- In Correct Answer: Minus one-third (-) 1/3
- Unanswered / Marked for Review: 0
- Qualifying Criteria in Stage I: 50 percent (%)
Stage-II: Applicable to all AIIMS only
Total Marks: 20
- Candidates must secure 50 percent (%) or more marks in Stage-I[as per the decision of the meeting of the 116th Academic Committee (item No. AC/ 116/ 10 dated 06.03.2018)].
- Candidates must have applied in online registration for AIIMS seats in respective specialty/ course.
- Candidates must be eligible as per eligibility criteria of AIIMS.
- Out of the candidates who fulfill the above criteria, candidates 3 times the number of seats advertised will be called for departmental clinical/ practical/ lab-based assessment (carrying 20 marks) related to subspecialty/ systems/ component of the specialty/ course for which the candidate has applied in the respective department at AIIMS, New Delhi.
- To qualify for AIIMS Seat allocation a candidate must obtain 50 percent (%) or more marks in Stage-I & Stage-II combined.
- In case a candidate gets marks more than 50 percent (%) in Stage-I but less than 50 percent (%) marks in Stage I & II combined, he/ she will not be treated as qualified for AIIMS Seats.
INI SS 2024 Syllabus
- The question paper will consist of questions from the General/ Basic component of the qualifying educational qualification and from subspecialty/ systems/ component the specialty/ course for which the examination is being conducted.
- Ahmedabad; Bengaluru; Bhopal; Bhubaneswar; Chennai; Chandigarh/ Mohali; Delhi/ NCR; Dehradun; Guwahati; Hyderabad; Imphal; Jammu; Jodhpur; Kolkata; Mumbai; Patna; Puducherry; Raipur; Trivandrum; Varanasi
Declaration of Result
- Result will be declared based on performance of candidate in examination for INI-SS as per scheme of examination on the website www.aiimsexams.ac.in
- Institute wise synchronized allocation of seats will be carried on based on over all rank in CML/AML and choices in order of preference as filled by the candidate
For more details and to apply online, please visit official website