IBPS PO 2019 Application Starts on August 7, 2019 – See IBPS CWE 2019 Eligibility Conditions, Exam Pattern and Structure for Probationary Officer / Management Trainees (CRP PO/MT IX) Recruitment
IBPS PO 2019 Application starts on August 7, 2019. The Institute of Personnel Banking and Services (IBPS) has released the notification for the post of Probationary Officer/ Management Trainee (PO/ MT) under CRP IX. IBPS is one of the most sought out exams for those who aspire to make a career in the Banking sector.
The IBPS PO 2019 notification states that for this year, there are a total of 4336 vacancies for this post. Out of these, 2031 posts are reserved for the General category. OBC candidates will have 904 seats reserved. For EWS candidates, there are 432 reserved seats. For SC, there are 670 reserved seats and for ST, there are 299 reserved seats.
IBPS PO 2019 Online Application starts on August 7, 2019
IBPS PO 2019 Online Application will begin from August 7, 2019. The last date to apply for the same along with the submission of fees will be August 28, 2019.
How to apply for IBPS PO/MT 2019? – See Step by Step Application Process
- Candidates can apply online only from 07th August 2019 to 28th August 2019 and no other mode of application will be accepted.
Prerequisites for Applying Online
- Before applying online, candidates should—
- scan their:
- photograph (4.5cm × 3.5cm)
- signature – left thumb impression (If a candidate is not having left thumb, he/she may use his/ her right thumb. If both thumbs are missing, the impression of one of the fingers of the left hand starting from the forefinger should be taken. If there are no fingers on the left hand, the impression of one of the fingers of the right hand starting from the forefinger should be taken. If no fingers are available, the impression of left toe may be taken. In all such cases where left thumb impression is not uploaded, the candidate should specify in the uploaded document the name of finger and the specification of left/right hand or toe).
- a handwritten declaration (text given below) (In case of candidates who cannot write may get the text of declaration typed and put their lefthand thumb impression below the typed declaration and upload the document as per specifications).
- ensuring that all these scanned documents adhere to the required specifications as given in Annexure III to this Advertisement
- Signature in CAPITAL LETTERS will NOT be accepted.
- The left thumb impression should be properly scanned and not smudged
- Keep the necessary details/documents ready to make Online Payment of the requisite application fee/ intimation charges
IBPS PO Application Fee
- Application Fees/Intimation Charges Payable from 07th August 2019 to 28th August 2019 (Online Payment), both dates inclusive, shall be as follows
- – Rs.100/- for SC/ST/PWBD candidates.
- – Rs.600/- for all others
- Bank Transaction charges for Online Payment of application fees/ intimation charges will have to be borne by the candidate
Mode of Payment
- Candidates have the option of making the payment of requisite fees/intimation charges through the ONLINE mode only: Payment of fees/intimation charges via the online mode.
Eligibility Criteria IBPS PO/MT 2019
- Candidates, intending to apply for CRP-PO/MT-IX should ensure that they fulfil the minimum eligibility criteria specified by IBPS in this advertisement:
- A candidate must be either (i) a Citizen of India or (ii) a subject of Nepal or (iii) a subject of Bhutan or (iv) a Tibetan Refugee who came over to India before 01st January 1962 with the intention of permanently settling in India or (v) a person of Indian origin who has migrated from Pakistan, Burma, Sri Lanka, East African countries of Kenya, Uganda, the United Republic of Tanzania (formerly Tanganyika and Zanzibar), Zambia, Malawi, Zaire, Ethiopia and Vietnam with the intention of permanently settling in India, provided that a candidate belonging to categories (ii), (iii), (iv) & (v) above shall be a person in whose favour a certificate of eligibility has been issued by Govt. of India.
Age (As on 01st August 2019)
- Minimum 20 years and Maximum 30 years i.e. a candidate must have been born not earlier than 02nd August 1989 and not later than 01st August 1999 (both dates inclusive).
Relaxation of Upper Age Limit
- SC/ST 5 years; OBC 3 years; PwD 10 years; Ex-Servicemen/Disabled Ex-Servicemen actual period of service rendered in the defence forces plus 3 years (8 years for disabled Ex-Servicemen belonging to SC/ST) subject to a maximum age limit of 50 years; Widows, divorced women and women legally separated from their husbands who have not remarried-9 years; Persons ordinarily domiciled in the Kashmir Division of the State of Jammu & Kashmir during the period 01st January 1980 to 31st December 1989-5 years; Persons affected by 1984 riots-5 years; Regular employees of the Union Carbide Factory, Bhopal retrenched from service (applicable to Madhya Pradesh state only)-5 years
Minimum Educational Qualifications (As on 28th August 2019)
- A Degree (Graduation) in any discipline from a University recognised by the Govt. of India or any equivalent qualification recognised as such by the Central Government.
- The candidate must possess valid Mark-sheet/Degree Certificate that he/ she is a graduate on the day he/she registers and indicate the percentage of marks obtained in Graduation while registering online.
IBPS PO 2019 Exam Pattern and Structure
The IBPS PO exam is divided into three phases – Prelims, Mains and Interview. The Prelims will take place on October 12, 13, 19 and 20, 2019. It will have three phases – English, Logical Reasoning and Quantitative Awareness. The English section will have 30 questions while the rest will have 35 questions. The maximum marks is 100 with a negative marking of 0.25
The Mains exam will take place on November 30, 2019. The maximum marks will be 200 for the same with negative marking of 0.25. The hall tickets for both Prelims and Mains will release 10 days before the respective exam. On the basis of their mains score, the candidates would be called for the Interview round which will take place in January 2020.
CPR – Online Exams
The structure of the Examinations which will conducted online are as follows:
a. Preliminary Examination
- English Language: 30 Marks/30 Question & Medium Instruction: English
- Numerical Ability: 35 Question/35 Marks & Medium Instruction: English/Hindi
- Reasoning Ability: 35 Question/35 Marks & Medium Instruction: English/Hindi
- Total there will be 100 Questions & 100 Marks, Exam Duration: 20 Minutes
- Candidates have to qualify in each of the three tests by securing cut-off marks to be decided by IBPS. Adequate number of candidates in each category as decided by IBPS depending upon requirements will be shortlisted for Online Main Exam.
b. Main Examination
- Reasoning & Computer Aptitude: 45 Question/60 Marks; Medium of Exam: English & Hindi
- General/ Economy/ Banking Awareness: 40 Question/40 Marks; Medium of Exam: English & Hindi
- English Language: 35 Question/40 Marks; Medium of Exam: English
- Data Analysis & Interpretation: 35 Question/60 Marks; Medium of Exam: English/Hindi
- English Language (Letter Writing & Essay): 02 Question/25 Marks; Medium of Exam: English; 30 Minutes
- Total there will be 155 Marks for 200 Questions, Exam Duration: 3 Hours
- The above tests except the Tests of English Language will be available bilingually, i.e. English and Hindi
- IBPS reserves the right to modify the structure of the exam which will be intimated through its website. Other detailed information regarding the exam will be given in an Information Handout, which will be made available for the candidates to download along with the call letters from the authorised IBPS website www.ibps.in
Penalty for Wrong Answers (Applicable to both – Preliminary and Main Exam):
- There will be a penalty for wrong answers marked in the objective tests. For each question for which a wrong answer has been given by the candidate one fourth or 0.25 of the marks assigned to that question will be deducted as penalty to arrive at corrected score
- If for any question a candidate gives more than one answer, it will be treated as wrong even if one of the given answers happens to be right and 0.25 of the marks assigned to that question will be deducted as penalty
- If a question is left blank, (no answer is marked by the candidate), there will be no penalty for that question
- The corrected scores obtained by each of the candidates in different sessions (if held) will be normalized using equi-percentile method.
- Scores up to two decimal points shall be taken for the purpose of calculations
Cut-off Score (Online Main Exam)
- Each candidate will be required to obtain a minimum score in each test of Online Main Exam and also a minimum total score to be considered to be shortlisted for interview. Depending on the number of vacancies available, cut-offs will be decided, and candidates will be shortlisted for interview
- Candidates who have been shortlisted in the main examination for CRP PO/MT-IX will subsequently be called for an Interview to be conducted by the Participating Organisations and coordinated by the Nodal Bank in each State/UT with the help of IBPS.
- Interviews will be conducted at select Centres
- The centre, address of the venue, time & date of Interview will be informed to the shortlisted candidates in the call letter. Candidates are required to download their interview call letters from authorised IBPS website www.ibps.in
- The total marks allotted for Interview are 100. The minimum qualifying marks in the interview will not be less than 40% (35% for SC/ST/OBC/PWD candidates). The weightage (ratio) of Online Main Exam and interview will be 80:20 respectively
- The combined final score of candidates shall be arrived at on the basis of scores obtained by the candidates in the Online Main Exam of CRP- PO/MT-VIII and Interview
- A candidate should qualify both in the CWE and interview and be sufficiently high in the merit to be shortlisted for subsequent provisional allotment process, details of which will be made available subsequently on IBPS website www.ibps.in
- Pre-Exam Training may be arranged by the Nodal Banks/Participating Organisations to a limited number of candidates belonging to Scheduled Caste/Scheduled Tribes/Minority Communities at certain centres viz.:
- Pre-Examination Training may be arranged by the Nodal Banks/ Participating Organisations to a limited number of candidates belonging to Scheduled Caste/ Scheduled Tribes/ Minority Communities at certain centres viz. Agartala, Agra, Ahmedabad, Allahabad, Amritsar, Aurangabad, Balasore, Behrampur (Ganjam), Bengaluru, Bhopal, Bhubaneshwar, Chandigarh, Chennai, Coimbatore, Dehradun, Dhanbad, Gorakhpur, Gulbarga, Guwahati, Hubli, Hyderabad, Indore, Jabalpur, Jaipur, Jammu, Jodhpur, Kanpur, Karnal, Kavaratti, Kochi, Kolkata, Lucknow, Ludhiana, Madurai, Mangalore, Mumbai, Muzaffarpur, Mysore, Nagpur, New Delhi, Panaji (Goa), Patiala, Patna, Port Blair, Puducherry, Pune, Raipur, Rajkot, Ranchi, Rohtak, Sambalpur, Shimla, Shillong, Siliguri, Thiruchirapalli, Thiruvananthapuram, Tirupati, Vadodara, Varanasi, Vijaywada and Vishakhapatnam.
For more details, please check the IBPS PO Notification 2019 or visit www.ibps.in