Himachal Pradesh University (HPU) Shimla announces Entrance Test for Admission to B.Sc. Nursing Program 2019
HPU Shimla B.Sc Nursing Admission 2019 – Himachal Pradesh University (HPU) Shimla has invited application for Admission to 4 years B.Sc. Nursing Degree Course through an Entrance Test for the academic year 2019-20.
Also See : HPU Shimla Post Basic B.Sc Nursing Admission 2019, Dates, Application
The admission to this degree course will be made on the basis of merit in the Entrance Test to be conducted by the HPU on behalf of the Government of Himachal Pradesh. Entrance Test for B.Sc. Nursing Course is going to held on 18th August 2019
- Admission to 4 years B.Sc. Nursing Degree Course (Female Candidates Only) in Government/Private Nursing Colleges in Himachal Pradesh (Session 2019-20)
- 4 years B.Sc. (Nursing) Degree Course (including internship) being run in the college(s)/institution(s) listed in the Prospectus are having the approval of the Indian Nursing Council, New Delhi and are affiliated to the Himachal Pradesh University, Shimla.
Also See : B.Sc Nursing Entrance Exam
- The Himachal Pradesh University will conduct the Entrance Test for admission to 4 years B.Sc. Nursing Degree Course for female candidates only in Sister Nivedita Govt. College of Nursing, IGMC, Shimla and Private Nursing Colleges/Institutions situated in the State of Himachal Pradesh on behalf of the Govt. of Himachal Pradesh.
HPU Shimla B.Sc Nursing Admission 2019 Important Dates
- Schedule for Submission of Online Application Form: 18th July to 08th August 2019
- Tentative Date of uploading Admit Cards on the University Website: 14th August 2019
- Date of Entrance Test: 18th August 2019 (Sunday) (Time: 11 AM to 1 PM)
- Dates for displaying the Key Answers on the University Website: 21st to 23rd August 2019
- Tentative Date of Declaration of Result: 26th August 2019
- Tentative Date of Issuance of Merit List: 28th August 2019
- Date for Joining the Allotted College & Course: To be intimated on the admission
- Commencement of Academic Session: 01st October 2019
No. of Seats
Government B.Sc. Nursing Colleges:
- Sister Nivedita Government College of Nursing, IGMC, Shimla [Permitted]: 60 Seats
- Government Nursing College Sh. Lal Bahadur Shastri Medical College, Ner Chowk, Distt. Mandi [Permitted]: 40 Seats
Eligibility Criteria for HPU Shimla B.Sc Nursing Admission 2019
- Female Children of Bonafide Himachali/Domicile/Himachal Govt. employees and employees of Autonomous bodies wholly or partially financed by the Himachal Pradesh Government will only be eligible to apply for admission to 4 years B.Sc. Nursing Degree Course through Entrance Test to be conducted by H.P. University, Shimla in Sister Nivedita Govt. College of Nursing, IGMC, Shimla and Private unaided B.Sc. Nursing Colleges/Institutions situated in the State of Himachal Pradesh.
- For filling up of 50% Management Quota Seats in Private un-aided B.Sc. Nursing Colleges in State of Himachal Pradesh, there will be no domicile requirement. Under this quota, both Himachali and Non-Himachali interested candidates can compete in the entrance test subject to fulfillment of minimum educational qualification and age etc. as prescribed in the prospectus.
- Note: The above candidates should be Indian National.
- The age of the candidates should be between 17 to 35 years as on 31st December, 2019 i.e. the candidate should be born between 01.01.1985 and 1.1.2003. However, upper age can be relaxable by 5 years in the case of SC/ST candidates i.e. the candidate must born between 1.1.1980 and 1.1.2003. Age as recorded in the matriculation certificate will be entertained.
- Admission to married candidates will be allowed subject to production of medical fitness certificate.
- A candidate should have passed 10+2 or its equivalent examination from H.P. Board of School Education/AISSCE/CBSE/ICSE/SSCE/HSCE or any other Board/University established by law in India in the subjects of Physics, Chemistry, Biology and English individually with 45% marks taken together in Physics, Chemistry and Biology at the qualifying examination.
- The candidates belonging to SC/ST/OBC, the marks obtained in Physics, Chemistry and Biology taken together in qualifying examination will be 40% instead of 45% as stated above. Provided further that English is a compulsory subject in 10+2 for being eligible for admission to B.Sc. (Nursing) course. The candidate should be medically fit.
- The HPU B.Sc. Nursing Entrance Test 2019 will be an objective exam.
- The medium of examination shall be English. The question paper will have 100 (One Hundred) MCQ objective type questions of one mark each. Each question has four options i.e. A, B, C & D. Out of which only one will be the correct option.
- The duration of Entrance Test will be 2 hours. There will be no negative marking for incorrect answers.
- The question paper will be in English language only of the following subjects:
- Biology – 25 Questions & 25 Marks
- Chemistry – 25 Questions & 25 Marks
- Physics – 25 Questions & 25 Marks
- English – 15 Questions &15 Marks
- General Knowledge/Current Affairs – 10 Questions &10 Marks
- Total-100 Questions &100 Marks
Declaration of Result & Merit List
- The minimum qualifying marks of the entrance test for admission to B.Sc. Nursing degree course shall be 35% for General & its sub-categories, and 30% for SC/ST/Other Backward Classes & their subcategories and Physically Handicapped candidates.
- Before declaration of result, the key answers as provided by the Examiner(s) will be moderated by a committee of the subject expert to be constituted by the Vice Chancellor immediately after holding the Entrance Test.
- The result of all the candidates appeared in the entrance test will be declared and made available on the website of the University. No detail marks cards will be sent to the candidates. The candidates may see their marks on the University Website. No separate intimation will be given to the candidates in this regard.
- The University will provide the facility of downloading the Admit Cards for appearing to B.Sc. (Nursing) Entrance Test-2019 on the University Website www.admissions.hpushimla.in & www.hpuniv.ac.in
- The candidates are required to download the Admit cards from the website by following the instructions/schedule given therein. The candidate may please note that Admit cards will not be sent by post.
The expected exam centres for the HPU B.Sc. Nursing Entrance Test 2019 are listed below.
HPU Shimla B.Sc Nursing Admission 2019 Application Process
- The Female Applicants may apply only online by using University Websites www.admissions.hpushimla.in & www.hpuniv.ac.in for admission to B.Sc. Nursing Degree Course through Entrance Test.
- However, the Counselling–cum-Admission Form duly completed in all respects along with required self-attested photocopies of documents are to be submitted personally by the qualified candidates at the time of Counselling/admission
- They are also required to produce original certificates/documents for verification at the time of Counseling along with counseling fee.
- Log on to website www.admissions.hpushimla.in and candidate must download the prospectus and replica of ONLINE application form to read it carefully to satisfy her eligibility criteria and other requirements for submission of online application form for appearing in the test.
Entrance Test Application Fee:
- For General/OBC & their Sub-Categories: Rs. 1600/-
- For Antyodaya/IRDP/EWS Categories: Rs. 800/-
- For SC/ST & their Sub- Categories: Rs. 800/-
For more Details, please visit website www.admissions.hpushimla.in
Himachal Pradesh University
Himachal Pradesh University, Shimla-171005, On Behalf of, The Government of Himachal Pradesh, Department of Medical Education & Research, Website: www.admissions.hpushimla.in www.hpuniv.ac.in