GATE 2020 Registration Begins
The Registration link for the Graduate Management Aptitude Test (GATE) has been activated by the Indian Institute of Technology, Delhi. For the GATE exam to be held next year, IIT Delhi is the incharge to conduct it successfully. See GATE 2020 Notification
The candidates who are eligible for this exam need to register themselves first at the official website before they proceed to apply for the application. According to the official notification, the application portal opened on September 3, 2019. The last date to apply for this exam is September 24, 2019 without late fees.
The GATE 2020 exam is slated to take place on February 1, 2, 8 and 9, 2020. It will be taking place in two shifts – the morning shift from 9:30 pm to 12:30 pm and afternoon shift from 2:30 pm to 5:30 pm.
The GATE exam is being conducted for admission into several Masters courses in Indian Institute of Science (IISc) and the IITs on behalf of National Coordination Board (NCB)-GATE and the Department of Higher Education, Ministry of Human Resource Development (MHRD), Government of India.
Steps to Apply for this Exam
- Visit the official website of the exam whose link is as given above.
- As the webpage appears on the screen, click on the link which states ‘Gate Online Application Portal Click Here.’
- A new page will appear, where you have to click on ‘Register Here’ at the page’s endside.
- Fill in the asked details and Registers successfully.
- Sign in again using the registered ID and fill the application form. Upload the required documents in the form of scanned images.
- Pay the fees and save the form for future reference.
Documents Required to fill the GATE form
A candidate needs certain documents before she apply for GATE 2020. These are:
- Address proof
- Date of Birth
- Details regarding eligibility of Degree
- GATE exam city
- GATE subject
- Scanned copy of reservation certificate
- Scanned Copy of Degree
- Scanned copy of disability certificate, if application
- Scanned Photo of Recent times
- Scanned copy of work experience
- Scanned copies of NOC from employer (at time of result)
See: MTech Entrance Exams 2019
GATE 2020: Exam Fees
The male candidates belonging to the General Category would have to pay Rs 1500. Post September 24, 2019 the candidates will have to pay Rs 2000 as the application fees.
The female students and those belonging to the reserve category need to pay Rs 750 as application fees. For them, the late fees is Rs 1250.
GATE 2020 will be conducted for 25 subjects with Biomedical Engineering being a new one. The other subjects are Computer Engineering, Aerospace Engineering, Chemical Engineering, Architecture and Planning, Mechanical Engineering, Instrumental Engineering among others.