Common Management Admission Test CMAT 2019
CMAT 2019 – NTA will be conducting National Level Computer based Common Management Admission Test (CMAT-2019) on 28th January 2019 for facilitating AICTE approved Institutions, University Departments/Constituent Colleges/Affiliated Colleges to select suitable candidates for admission in Post Graduate Management Programmes for the academic year 2019-20
About CMAT 2019
- CMAT 2019 will be held on 28th January 2019. NTA is going to open registration for CMAT 2019 from 1st November 2018. Candidates who wish to appear for CMAT 2019 can apply online
- Common Management Admission Test (CMAT) is a national level entrance examination conducted by All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE) every year as per the directions of Ministry of Human Resource Development (MHRD), Government of India.
- The CMAT is a three hour computer based online test which is conducted in a single session to evaluate the candidate’s ability across various segments like Quantitative Technique, Logical Reasoning, Language Comprehension and General Awareness.
- This test facilitates Institutions to select suitable graduate candidates for admission in all Management programs.
- The CMAT score is accepted by all AICTE Approved Institutions/University Departments/Constituent Colleges/Affiliated Colleges
CMAT 2019 Important Dates
- Registration Start Date: 1st November 2018
- Registration End Date:
30th November 2018extended till December 7, 2018.
- Registration End Date:
- Admit Card: 7th January 2019
- CMAT 2019 Exam Date: 28th January 2019
- Date of Result Declaration: 10th February 2019
Eligibility Criteria for CMAT 2019 Exam
The candidates shall have to satisfy all the eligible conditions so as to apply for the examination. The CMAT 2019 Eligibility Criteria are illustrated here. The aspirant must satisfy the minimum eligibility criteria at the time of applying for CMAT 2019
- Indian nationals are eligible to apply for common management admission test
- Candidates must have completed the graduates in any discipline can apply for CMAT 2019 exam. Final year students of Graduate Courses (10+2+3) whose result will be declared before commencement of admission for academic year 2018-19 can also apply for CMAT online exam
CMAT 2019 Application – How to apply?
- Candidates who are eligible for this exam visit the official website for Registration.
- The registration can be done through online mode only.
- Before proceeding for the application form, candidates must read all the instructions carefully and accept the declaration to proceed further.
- The CMAT 2019 application form will open from the 1st November till 30th November 2018.
- General/OBC: Rs.1400/- plus bank charges as applicable
- SC/ST/PD: Rs.700/- plus bank charges as applicable
CMAT 2019 Syllabus
- There is no prescribed syllabus for the CMAT exam preparation. Candidates should solve the mock test to understand the pattern of the examination & type of questions. Questions will be asked from the topics of Quantitative Techniques & Data Interpretation, Logical Reasoning, Language Comprehension & General Awareness.
CMAT Frequently Asked Questions
Candidates can find the answer to their queries about CMAT on the page below
What is CMAT test conducted for ?
Answer: CMAT also known as the Common Management Admission Test is a national level entrance exam that is conducted every year for those students who wants to pursue Postgraduate degrees in Management stream. It is conducted in the month of January every year, and the results are declared in mid-February. The duration of the exam is three hours, and it is conducted via online mode.
How many times in a year CMAT exam is conducted?
Answer: Till 2015 CMAT was conducted twice in a year. However, from 2016 onwards it is held only once every year.
How should I prepare for CMAT Exam?
- The most important strategy to crack any entrance exam is self-study. Know your strengths and weaknesses and on that basis plan your strategy.
- Focus on the concepts more in which you are weak and practise lots of them.
- Revise all the lessons from time to time and practise lots of mock tests so that you may get an idea of what happens in the CMAT exam and how the question paper will be.
- Read newspapers daily to keep yourself updated with the general awareness syllabus.
- Do not rely on too many study materials while studying. Select the relevant ones and stick to them till end.
Also See: Tips for CMAT exam preparation
What topics are most important for the CMAT exam?
Answer: Those topics in CMAT are very important from which the maximum number of questions have been asked in earlier years. Section wise these important topics are:
Quantitative Aptitude: Time & Distance, Geometry and Mensuration, time & work, Numbers, Percentages, Profit / Loss, Simple equation, Bar graph, Line graph
Verbal: para jumbles, find Summary, fill in the blanks, sentence correction, Synonyms & Antonyms
Logical Reasoning: Puzzles, assumption & conclusion, cause and effect, Blood relation, Input-Output, Direction sense,
General Awareness: Economy, History, General Science
How to prepare for the CMAT exam at home?
Answer: When you prepare for an exam at home, this is considered best since you are able to give your best. Start studying from early in the morning. Make sure that there are no disturbances while studying. Prepare a time-table and devote enough time to each subject as per requirement. It could be like – devote more time to hard concepts and less to the easy ones. Focus on the basic lessons first. When you finish them, start practicing questions. Solve as many questions as you can. Learn the shortcut tricks to solve complex questions to save time. At the end of the day, revise the things that you studied throughout the day.
Is CMAT difficult than MAT?
No, according to the students who have appeared for both exams, CMAT is not that difficult than MAT. Both have same question paper pattern and are conducted for admission of students into Tier 2 and Tier 3 colleges. MAT is held four times a year whereas CMAT is conducted only once.
Which college is best after the CMAT exam?
Some of the best colleges that admit students on the basis of CMAT are:
- Institute of Management Technology, Hyderabad
- Birla Institute of Technology, Mesra
- Prin LN Welingkar Institute of Management Development and Research, Mumbai
- Great Lakes Institute of Management, Chennai
- VIT Business School, Vellore
- ITM Business School, Navi Mumbai
- KIIT School of Management, Bhubaneswar
- ITM School of Business, Gwalior
- Goa Institute of Management, Goa
- Great Lakes Institute of Management, Chennai
Also See: B Schools accepting CMAT scores
Which exam is more effective for a MBA: the CMAT or the MAT?
A large number of Tier-2 and Tier-3 B-schools participates in both CMAT and MAT exams for admitting students. Both have same question paper pattern. So, both exams are effective for MBA.
Are calculators allowed in CMAT?
Answer: No, a student is not allowed to use the calculator in CMAT entrance exam. A student will have to rely on strong practice to crack this exam.
Is there any attempt limit to take CMAT?
Answer: No, candidate can appear for CMAT as many times as he/she wants.
What is the registration process for CMAT?
Answer: Candidates have to apply for CMAT-2019 “Online” ONLY by accessing the website www.ntacmat.nic.in. The Application Form other than online mode would not be accepted, in any case.
Step-1: The candidate should supply all the details while filling the Online Application Form and is also required to create PASSWORD and choose Security Question and enter his/her Answer. After successful submission of the personal details, Application number will be generated and it will be used to complete the remaining Steps of the Application Form and will also be required for all future correspondence. For subsequent logins, candidate will be able to login directly with the respective system generated Application Number and created Password.
Step-2: Complete the Application Form by login with the system generated Application Number and created Password for completing the Application Form.
Step-3: Upload Scanned Images of Candidate Photograph and Candidate Signature.
Step-4: The candidate has to select Debit/Credit Card/Net Banking option to pay the application fee and follow the online instruction to complete the payment of fee. After successful payment, candidate will be able to print the Confirmation Page. In case the Confirmation Page is not generated after payment of fee then the transaction is cancelled and amount will be refunded to the candidate’s account. However the candidate has to make another transaction, in case the Confirmation Page is not generated.
- Steps can be done together and separately also
- Upload the correct Photograph and Signature as the facility for correction in images will not be given.
When should I apply for the CMAT Exam?
The registration for CMAT starts in November and continues for almost a month. During this tenure, candidate should apply for this exam.
When CMAT will be held again?
Answer: CMAT will be held on January 28, 2019.
Which institutes accept CMAT scores?
Answer: Hundreds of Tier-2 and Tier-3 MBA institutes, accept CMAT score. To know their names, visit this website – https://www.successcds.net/mbaentranceexam/AICTE-CMAT/top-10-cmat-colleges.html
Is CMAT easier than CAT?
Answer: Although both CMAT and CAT share the same syllabus, CMAT is easier than CAT. The difficulty level of CAT is high as compared to CMAT.
What is CMAT and MAT?
CMAT: CMAT is an Common Management Admission Test that is conducted once in a year during the month of January month for those students who want MBA degrees. It is an online exam with three hours’ duration.
MAT: MAT or Management Admission test is also an entrance exam similar to CMAT. However, the difference is that MAT is conducted four times in a year.
Is there any negative marking in CMAT?
Answer: The CMAT is an online test that consists of 100 questions. For every negative answer, 1 mark is deducted.
How many questions are there in CMAT?
Answer: CMAT has 100 questions in total which is divided into four sections each comprising of 25 questions each.
Is CMAT difficult?
Answer: It entirely depends upon the student’s preparation. Those who have studied well can easily crack it.