Bihar Combined Entrance Competitive Examination Board announces Polytechnic Entrance Exam (DCECE) 2023 for admission to Polytechnic Courses
Bihar Polytechnic 2023 – Bihar combined Entrance Competitive Examination Board invites applications for Polytechnic Entrance Exam DCECE (PE / PPE / PMM / PM ) 2023 for admission to different polytechnic courses offered by various colleges and institutions in the State of Bihar. Interested and eligible candidates can register for Bihar Polytechnic Entrance Exam (DCECE) 2023 through online mode till May 16, 2023.
Bihar Polytechnic Entrance Exam (DCECE) 2023
- Online Registration Starting Date: 22nd April 2023
- Online Registration Closing Date: 16th May 2023
- Last date of payment through Net Banking / Debit Card / Credit Card / UPI: 17th May 2023
- Online Editing of Application Form: 18th to 20th May 2023
- Issue of Online Admit Card: To be announced
- Date of exam: To be announced
- The candidate should be an Indian National and must belong to at least one of the following categories:
- Either parents must belong to the state of Bihar
- Must have been a refugee in the state/ be the employees of Bihar government/ be a part of Rashtra Sangh and currently based in Bihar/ be an employee of Indian Government/ Bihar government.
Age Limit :
- For polytechnic engineering : No age limit
- For four year part time polytechnic : Minimum age should be 19 years as on 01st July 2023
- For Para medical dental course : Minimum age should be 15 and Maximum age should be 30 years 31st December 2023
- For Para medical, eligible criteria is as per the courses in it. For GNM(Grade -A nursing), minimum and maximum age as on December 31, 2023 should be 17 years and 35 years respectively. For ANM nursing courses also the minimum and maximum age should be 17 years and 35 years respectively as specified by Nursing Council of India Ltd. For other courses, minimum and maximum age has to be 17 and 32 years respectively as on December 31, 2023.
- For Polytechnic Engineering : Must have secured at least 35% marks in 10th class from Bihar School examination Board or a similar recognized board. Those who are appearing for the 10th examination in 2019 may also apply for the same, but they need to produce valid certificates for the same
- For part time four year Polytechnic Engineering Courses : 10th Pass from a recognized board along with 2 years of ITI or 10th pass along with 2 years of work experience in any.
- Candidates need to produce valid certificates from the organization they are working for. The certificate should contain showing the number of years they worked, description of the work and the description of the sponsorship for appearing in the examination.
- For Para Medical Dental courses : 10th Pass from CBSE/ICSE or a similar board with Science and English as the major subjects. Candidates appearing for class 10th examination can also appear but must be declared pass before the examination.
For Para medical courses:
- For Diploma in Pharmacy : Passed in intermediate science or equivalent examination with subjects Physics, Chemistry and English along with either Mathematics or Biology as the major subjects.
- For General Nursing and midwifery : Applicable only for women candidates, they should have at least 40% marks in 10+2/12th with subjects such as physics, chemistry and biology. Relaxation of 5% for SC/ST students will be provided. Those candidates who completed 10+2/ intermediate vocational nursing courses from institutes certified by the Nursing Council of India with at least 40% marks are also eligible to apply for the GNM courses.
- For Auxiliary Nurse Midwife : Passed in intermediate science or equivalent examination with subjects Physics, Chemistry and English along with either Mathematics or Biology as the major subjects.
- For Dental Mechanics and hygienist : Passed 10+2/Intermediate in Physics, Chemistry, Biology, and English with minimum 50% marks are eligible to apply.
- For the rest of the courses, applicants who have passed +2 intermediate science or equivalent examination with subjects Physics, Chemistry, Biology and English are eligible to apply for the examination.
- Those who are appearing for the 10th examination will also be eligible to apply for this examination. These candidates should be declared passed before the declaration of result.
- Candidates are advised to apply online through official website https://bceceboard.bihar.gov.in/
Steps to Follow:
- Step 1 : Registration
- Step 2 : Personal Information
- Step 3 : Upload Photo & Signature
- Step 4 : Educational Information
- Step 5 : Preview your Application
- Step 6 : Payment of Examination Fee
For one program
- For General/ OBC/ EBC candidates : Rs. 750/-
- For SC/ST candidates : Rs. 480/-
For two program
- For General/ OBC/ EBC candidates : Rs. 850/-
- For SC/ST candidates : Rs. 530/-
For three program
- For General/ OBC/ EBC candidates : Rs. 950/-
- For SC/ST candidates : Rs. 630/-
For four program
- For General/ OBC/ EBC candidates : Rs. 1150/-
- For SC/ST candidates : Rs. 730/-
- Mode of Payment : Online through Net Banking / Debit Card/ Credit Card
Bihar Polytechnic 2023 Exam Pattern
- Mode of Exam : The paper will be conducted in an offline mode. Candidates need to fill in their responses in an OMR sheet with the help of a Blue/black ballpoint pen.
- Duration : 2 hours and 15 minutes.
- Total Marks : 450 marks
Bihar Polytechnic 2023 Syllabus
Polytechnic Engineering/ Part time four years Polytechnic engineering courses
- Physics : 150 marks
- Chemistry : 150 marks
- Math : 150 Marks
Paramedical Intermediate Level Courses
- General Knowledge (physics, chemistry, Biology) : 125 marks
- Math : 75 Marks
- Hindi : 75 Marks
- English : 75 Marks
- General Knowledge : 100 marks
Para medical dental metric level
- Physics : 100 marks
- Chemistry : 100 marks
- Biology : 50 marks
- Math : 50 Marks
- Hindi : 50 Marks
- English : 50 Marks
- General Knowledge : 50 marks
For more details and to apply online, please visit the official website
- Latest Entrance Exam Notifications and Dates
- Common Entrance Test Notifications 2023
- Polytechnic Admission 2023