UGC announces Dr. S. Radhakrishnan Post-Doctoral Fellowship 2022, Apply Now
Dr. S. Radhakrishnan Post-Doctoral Fellowship 2022 – University Grant Commission – – Bahadur Shah Zafar Marg New Delhi have invited applications for Dr. S. Radhakrishnan Post-Doctoral Fellowship 2022. Post-doctoral research is an important enabling step in grooming young researchers for launching an academic/research career.
Dr. S. Radhakrishnan Post-Doctoral Fellowship 2022
- The objective of these fellowships is to provide an opportunity to carry out the advanced studies and research in Sciences, Engineering and Technology, Humanities & Social Sciences including languages in Indian Universities/Institutions. Tenure of the fellowship is 3 years with no provision for further extension.
- Application Start date : 05th September 2022
- Application End date : 10th October 2022
Eligibility for Candidates
- Only the unemployed candidates who have been awarded the Ph.D. degree in the relevant subject/discipline of Sciences, Engineering and Technology, Humanities and Social Sciences including languages are eligible to apply. (Provisional Certificate may be accepted in case the degree is not awarded). Persons already in regular service are not eligible to apply.
- Candidates should be below 35 years of age (as on the date/last date of application). There shall be age relaxation for SC/ST/OBC (Non Creamy Layer)/Women/PWD (Persons with Disabilities) and Transgender for 5 years.
- If a selected candidate is availing any other fellowship/remuneration, he/she will have to resign from the same before accepting the UGC Post-Doctoral Fellowship.
- Those candidates who have already availed any kind of Post-Doctoral Fellowship from UGC need not apply under the scheme.
- General category candidates having minimum 55% of marks or equivalent percentage converted from CGPA score at Postgraduate level are eligible to apply. A relaxation of 5% of marks is allowed for reserved categories (SC/ST/OBC (Non Creamy Layer)/ PWD (Persons with Disabilities) and Transgender).
- It is necessary that the candidate identifies a Mentor/Supervisor (affiliated to University/Institute wherein Post-Doctoral Fellowship is tenable) for his/her post-doctoral research work and obtains his/her consent for the mentorship.
Eligibility of Mentor/ Supervisor
- The mentor should be the regular faculty at the level of Associate Professor or above at University/Institution.
- The mentor must have been awarded the Ph.D. degree.
- The mentor should have supervised at least 3 Ph.D. theses.
Eligibility of proposed research center
- The fellowship under these schemes will be available for pursuing research work in the following types of institutions only:
- Universities (including constituent and affiliated institutions) included under section 2(f) of UGC Act, 1956 and having valid accreditation from NAAC.
- Deemed to be Universities under section 3 of the UGC Act 1956 and having valid accreditation from NAAC.
- Institutions fully funded by Central or State Governments and empowered to award Degrees.
- Institutions of National Importance.
- Fellowship – @Rs. 50,000/- p.m.
- Contingency – @ Rs. 50,000/- p.a.
- Escorts/Reader Assistance – @Rs.3000/- p.m.(fixed) in cases of PWD (Person with disability)
- Visit https://frg.ugc.ac.in/ for online registration.
- Online applications will be invited by the UGC for the Post-doctoral Fellowship.
- Candidates applying for PDF must upload the No Objection Certificate from the proposed research center duly signed by the Mentor/Supervisor, HOD and Registrar/Director of the University/Institute in the online application.
- If the candidate has already applied for a Post-doctoral Fellowship and has been declared as unsuccessful, he/she is permitted to apply again with a new research proposal only after one year from date of declaration of result for that particular Post-doctoral Fellowship scheme.
- Incomplete applications such as un-formatted documents, false/misleading information etc. shall be summarily rejected.
- The applications will be evaluated by a minimum of three referees assigned by the UGC as per area of research proposed by the applicant.
- The evaluation includes the candidate’s accomplishment at the Ph.D. level, the professional standing of mentor and the institution where the postdoctoral research is to be carried out.
- On the basis of score received from the referees, the final merit list will be generated. The result shall be declared on the UGC website (www.ugc.ac.in).
- Selected candidates can download their award letter through the UGC website.
For more details and apply please visit the official website
- Central Scholarship Scheme 2022
- Scholarships in India 2022
- Ishan Uday Special Scholarship Scheme for NE Region 2022
- Post Graduate Indira Gandhi Scholarship 2022 for single girl child
- PG Merit Scholarship for University Rank Holders 2022
- PG Scholarship for Professional Courses for SC/ST 2022
- Savitribai Jyotirao Phule Fellowship For Single Girl Child
- Dr. D. S. Kothari Research Grant For Newly Recruited Faculty Members
- Research Grant For In-Service Faculty Members
- Fellowship For Superannuated Faculty Members
- AICTE – Pragati Scholarship 2022 for Girls Students (Technical degree/diploma)