Home >> Scholarships 2019 >>
Ishan Uday Special Scholarship Scheme 2018 for NE Region
UGC Ishan Uday Special Scholarship 2018 for North Eastern Region (NER)
Ishan Uday Special Scholarship Scheme 2018 – The Ministry of HRD and the University Grants Commission invites applications for Ishan Uday Scholarship for North Eastern Region for the year 2018-19
About Ishan Uday Special Scholarship
- The Ministry of HRD and the UGC has taken special interest with regard to promotion of higher education in the NER. For improving the GER, promoting higher education and for encouraging children belonging to economically weaker section of the NE region, the UGC has decided to launch “Ishan Uday” Special Scholarship Scheme for North Eastern Region from academic session 2014-15
- Before launching the scheme, the UGC undertook wide ranging consultations with State Governments & Central & State Universities of the NE region, the Ministry of HRD, the Ministry of Development of North Eastern Region, the North Eastern Council, Shillong & Other stakeholders.
- To provide equal opportunities for higher studies in NE Region
- To increase the Gross Enrolment Ratio (GER) in NE Region
- To focus more on professional education in NE Region
- Optimum utilization of NER Budgetary Allocation
- It is envisaged to provide ten thousand (10,000) fresh scholarships every year beginning from the academic year 2014-15 for general degree courses, technical and professional courses, including medical and para-medical courses
- An amount of Rs.5400/- p.m. for General Degree Courses and Rs.7800/- p.m. for Technical & Professional courses (including Medical & Para medical courses) will be given through Direct Benefit Transfer (DBT) to the beneficiary student
Also See : Scholarships 2018
Eligibility Criteria for Ishan Uday Special Scholarship Scheme 2018
- Students with domicile of NER who have passed Class XII or equivalent exam from a school situated within NER through any recognized Board of Education, including Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE), Indian Certificate of Secondary Education (ICSE), National institute of open Schooling (NIOS) within NER only, and have secured admission in general degree course, technical and professional courses including medical and para-medical courses (Integrated courses included) in Universities/Colleges/Institutions recognized by UGC under Section 2(f) of UGC Act, within and outside the States of NER
- For availing scholarship under this scheme, the income of the parents of the student should not exceed Rs.4.5 lakh per annum
- UGC will award ten thousand (10,000) fresh scholarships per year. In case the number of applicants exceeds the number of scholarships available, the awardees will be selected on the basis of marks scored by them in the Class XII or equivalent exam
Duration of Scholarship & Renewal
- The scholarship granted under the scheme will be kept renewed during the period of the first-degree course, subject to good conduct and maintenance of prescribed attendance
- Students failing to get promoted to the next class/level would get the scholarship in the following year, subject to the condition that if the student fails again for the second time, he/she would forfeit the scholarship and it would not be renewed for the remaining period of the course
Ishan Uday Special Scholarship Scheme 2018 Application Form
- The eligible candidates are required to fill the Online Application form of Ishan Uday Scholarship Scheme 2018-19
- Application form will be available at the website https://scholarships.gov.in/ during a particular time period as displayed on the website.
- The following documents are required to be uploaded at the time of applying
- Domicile certificate to be issued by the competent authority.
- Proof of annual income to be issued by the competent authority.
- For renewals, the annual progress report and continuation of studies will be required to be uploaded/ verified by the concerned University/ Institution/ College
Ishan Uday Special Scholarship Scheme 2018 Important Dates
- The Last Date to Apply: 30th November 2018
For more details please refer the Website: https://scholarships.gov.in