University Grants Commission, New Delhi Ishan Uday Special Scholarship Scheme for North Eastern Region 2019-20
Ishan Uday Special Scholarship Scheme 2019 for NE Region – The Ministry of HRD and the University Grants Commission has taken special interest with regard to promotion of higher education in the NER. For improving the GER, promoting higher education and for encouraging children belonging to economically weaker section of the NE region, the UGC has decided to launch “Ishan Uday” Special Scholarship Scheme for North Eastern Region from academic session 2019-20
- To provide equal opportunities for higher studies in NE Region.
- To increase the Gross Enrolment Ratio (GER) in NE Region.
- To focus more on professional education in NE Region.
- Optimum utilization of NER Budgetary Allocation.
- Ten thousand (10,000) fresh scholarships every year beginning from the academic year for general degree courses, technical and professional courses, including medical and paramedical courses as certified by the Registrar/ Principal/ Director of University/ College/ Institute.
See: National Scholarship Portal
Ishan Uday Special Scholarship Scheme 2019 for NE Region Important Dates
- Scholarship closing date: 31st October 2019
- Last date for defect verification: 15th November 2019
- Last date for Institute verification: 15th November 2019
See: National Scholarship 2019
Eligibility Criteria for Ishan Uday Special Scholarship Scheme 2019 for NE Region
- The candidates’ annual family income must not be more than INR 4.5 Lakh from all the sources.
- The applicants must have secured admission in first year of any degree course, either general degree course of technical/professional/ medical/ paramedical course (Integrated courses included) in any of the following University/ College/ Institute:
- Universities/Institutions/Colleges included under Section 2(f) and 12 (B) of UGC Act.
- Deemed to be Universities included under Section 3 of the UGC Act, 1956 and eligible to receive grants-in-aid from UGC.
- Universities/Institutions/Colleges funded by Central / State Government.
- Institutes of National Importance.
- Institutions recognized by other Statutory councils within as well as outside
- The admission should have been made in University/ Institution/ College with AISHE code.
- Note: 1) For students of integrated degree courses, scholarship will be tenable for the complete duration of the course; 2) For dual degree course, the scholarship will only be tenable for the tenure of first degree.
Amount of Scholarship
- Rs.5400/- per month for general degree course and Rs.7800/- per month for technical/medical/professional/paramedical courses.
See: Scholarship Programs
- 10,000 (ten thousand) fresh scholarships will be awarded every year.
- Distribution of slots amongst the states of NER will be done on the basis of population census(last).
- If slots in a particular state remain vacant due to non-availability of eligible candidates, the unfilled slots will be distributed equitably amongst other states.
- Reservation for Persons with Disability (PwD) will be made as per Government of India norms.
Ishan Uday Special Scholarship Scheme 2019 for NE Region Application Process
- Applications will be invited once a year on the National e-Scholarship Portal of the Government of India, Visit the homepage of the NSP website www.scholarships.gov.in. Short notification will also be uploaded on the UGC website.
- At the time of applying, the course will be classified as general degree or professional by the concerned University/ Institution/College.
- Incomplete applications will be summarily rejected. Only verified online applications will be considered for award of scholarship.
- The following documents will be uploaded at the time of applying under the scheme on the NeSP.
- Domicile certificate to be issued by the competent authority.
- Proof of annual income to be issued by the competent authority.
- For renewals, the annual progress report and continuation of studies will be required to be uploaded/ verified by the concerned University / Institution/ College.
For more information, please visit the National Scholarship Portal (NSP) www.scholarships.gov.in