Osmania University, Hyderabad announces Telangana State Law (LAWCET) and PG Law Common Entrance Test (PGLCET) 2021
Telangana LAWCET and PGLCET 2021 – Osmania University, Hyderabad on behalf of the Telangana State Council of Higher Education (TSCHE) invites application for TS Law Common Entrance Test (TS LAWCET- 2021) for admission into 3 / 5 years law courses (LL.B.) and TS PG Law Common Entrance Test (TSPGLCET-2021) for admission into LL.M courses offered by State Universities in Telangana State including their affiliated colleges for the academic year 2021-22.
Eligible candidates may apply through online mode from March 24, 2021. Check the page below for more details on TS LAWCET 2021 and PGLCET 2021
Also see : TS LAWCET 2021 Application process begins
- TS LAWCET- 2021 – 3 Year LL.B. Course & 5 Year LL.B. Course
- TS PGLCET-2021 – 2 Years LL.M courses
Telangana LAWCET and PGLCET 2021 Important Dates
- Commencement of Submission & Registration of Online Application Form with registration fee – 24th March 2021
- Last Date for Submission & Registration of Online Application Form without Late Fee – 26th May 2021
- Last Date for Submission & Registration of Online Application Form with Late Fee of Rs.250/- 12th June 2021
- Last Date for Submission & Registration of Online Application Form with Late Fee of Rs.500/- 22nd June 2021
- Last Date for Submission & Registration of Online Application Form with Late Fee of Rs.1000/- 01st July 2021
- Last Date for Submission & Registration of Online Application Form with Late Fee of Rs.2000/- 10th July 2021
- Correction of online application data already submitted by the candidate – 10th July to 20th July 2021
- Commencement of Downloading of Hall Tickets – 09th August 2021
- Date of the TS LAWCET & PGLCET-2021 Examination – 23rd August 2021
- Announcement of Preliminary Key – 26th August 2021
- Last Date of Submission of Objections on Preliminary Key – 27th August 2021
- Announcement of Final Key and Test Entrance Results – Will be Notified
Eligibility Criteria for Telangana LAWCET and PGLCET 2021
Nationality and Domicile
- The candidate should be an Indian National and should satisfy Local/Unreserved status requirements as laid down in the Andhra Pradesh Educational Institutions (Regulation of Admissions) Order, 1974 and the amendments made thereto from time to time.
Eligibility for TS LAWCET 2021
For 3-year LL.B Course
- The Candidates for 3-year LL. B Course should have passed any Graduate Degree (10+2+3 pattern) of a recognized University with 45% of aggregate marks for general category, and 40% for SC/ST or any other examination recognized as equivalent by the Universities concerned.
- If any candidate secured less than 45% and 40% respectively in graduation as stated above, he/she should have secured same percentage or more on the aggregate in any additional Graduation or Post Graduation or B.Ed.
- The percentage of 44.5% and above in aggregate in graduation (10+2+3 Pattern) in case of candidates belongs to general categories and 39.5% and above in aggregate in graduation(10+2+3 Pattern) in case of candidates belongs to SC/ST category will be considered as 45% and 40% of aggregate marks respectively for admission into LL.B 3-year course.
For 5 Year LL.B. Course
- The Candidates for 5 years LL.B. course should have passed two-year Intermediate Examination (10+2 pattern) with 45% of aggregate marks for the general category and 40% for SC/ST or any other examination recognized as equivalent by the University concerned or the Board of Intermediate Education, T.S.
- The percentage of 44.5% and above in aggregate in Intermediate (10+2 Pattern) in case of candidates belongs to general categories and 39.5% and above in aggregate in Intermediate (10+2 Pattern) in case of candidates belongs to SC/ST category will be considered as 45% and 40% respectively for admission into LL. B. 5-year courses.
Qualifying marks for TS LAWCET-2021
- The qualifying percentage of marks in the Entrance Test is 35% (i.e. 42 marks out of total 120 marks). There will be no minimum qualifying mark for S.C & S.T candidates for ranking.
- For candidates belonging to Scheduled Castes or Scheduled Tribes, no minimum qualifying percentage of marks is prescribed.
- Age limit – There shall be no Age restriction for the candidates seeking admission into LL. B. Courses,
Eligibility for TS PGLCET-2021 (LL.M.)
- Candidates holding LL.B./B.L. 3/5 Year degree on the date of application are eligible and candidates who have appeared/appearing for LL.B./B.L. Final year examinations are also eligible.
- A candidate appearing for LLB/BL degree examinations may take the TSPGLCET in anticipation of results. However, he/she must have passed the said course at the time of counseling.
- The courses offered by concerned law colleges will be notified at the time of Admission Notification/Counselling, after receiving the official list from the universities concerned.
Qualifying marks for TS PGLCET-2021
- The qualifying percentage of marks in the Entrance Test is 25% (i.e. 30 marks out of total 120 marks). There will be no minimum qualifying mark for S.C & S.T candidates for ranking.
- For candidates belonging to Scheduled Castes and Scheduled Tribes, no minimum qualifying percentage of marks is prescribed.
Telangana LAWCET and PGLCET 2021 Application Process
- Candidates are required to apply Online mode only through the official website https://ecet.tsche.ac.in/TSECET/TSECET_HomePage.aspx
- Specific instructions to submit the online application form are given on the website lawcet.tsche.ac.in Please go through the instructions carefully before filling the online application form.
Step to Follow
- Step 1 – Application Fee Payment
- Step 2 – Fill Application Form
- Step 3 – Download Application Form
- For TS LAWCET-2021 – Rs.800/- (Rs.500/- in case of SC/ST & PH Candidates)
- For TS PGLCET-2021 – Rs.1000/- (Rs.800/- in case of SC/ST & PH Candidates)
- Mode of Payment – Online through credit card/debit card/net banking/AP / TS Online Center
Hall Tickets and Rank Cards
- The candidates should note that the Hall Tickets and Rank Cards will not be sent by post. They have to download from the website as detailed below:
- The candidates have to download Hall Tickets from the website https://lawcet.tsche.ac.in one week before the Test by entering his/her details.
- The candidates are also advised to download the Rank Cards from the website https://lawcet.tsche.ac.in after publication of results.
TS LAWCET 2021
- The candidates will be ranked in the order of merit based on the marks obtained in the TS LAWCET-2021.
TS PGLCET 2021
- The Admission into LL.M. Course (Regular and Self Financing) offered by different Universities (including the concerned affiliated colleges) will be made based on the TS PGLCET-2021 Rank and also as per Rules and Regulations of TS PGLCET.
- Mode of Exam – Online mode (Computer Based Test (CBT))
- Language of Exam – English/Telugu and English/Urdu for TS LAWCET-2021 and English for TS PGLCET- 2021
- Type of Questions – Multiple Choice Questions
- Duration – 90 minutes
- Number of Questions – 120 questions
- Maximum marks – 120 marks
- Marking Scheme – Each Question contains four alternative answers numbered as 1, 2, 3, and 4. Candidates have to exercise their choice in answering the question.
- Negative Marking – There is no negative mark for incorrect answers.
Scheme for Entrance Test
For TS LAWCET-2021 :
Section & Subject No. of Question Total Marks
- Part A – General Knowledge and Mental Ability. 30 questions 30 marks
- Part B – Current Affairs 30 questions 30 marks
- Part C – Aptitude for the Study of Law. 60 questions 60 marks
- Total 120 questions 120 marks
For TS PGLCET – 2021 :
Section & Subject No. of Question Total Marks
- Part-A – (Jurisprudence 20M, Constitutional Law 20M; Total 40 questions of 1 mark each) 40 questions 40 marks
- Part -B – (Public International Law 16M, Mercantile Law 16M, Labour Law 16M, Crimes and Torts 16M, and IPR & Other Laws) 80 questions 40 marks
- Total 120 questions 120 marks
Regional Online Test Centres
- The TS LAWCET & PGLCET – 2021 test will be held at the following 21 Regional Online Test Centres in Telangana State and Andhra Pradesh.
For more details and to apply online, please visit the official website