Gauhati University announces Admission to PG Diploma in Basics of Law 2019
Guwahati University PG Diploma in Basics of Law Admission 2019 – Applications are invited from eligible candidates for admission into P.G Diploma course in the Basics of Law at Gauhati University for the academic year 2019.
Course Duration: 12 months (two semesters)
Design of Course:
Course will be conducted according to the following manner:
- 3 months Classroom lectures
- 3 months online instructions
- 3 months classroom lectures including Seminar, Workshop, interactive sessions etc
Objective of the course
- The objective of the course is to impart knowledge about the functional aspects of law associated with administrative, social, personal and other relevant areas including human rights to ensure legal capacity building
Also See: Law Entrance Exam 2019
Guwahati University PG Diploma in Basics of Law Admission 2019 Important Dates
- Last date of submission of application: 30th July 2019
- Publication of selection list: 30th July 2019
- Date of Admission: 31st July 2019
- Commencement of class: 01st August 2019
- Timing of class: 4pm to 8 pm (adjustable)
Venue: University of Law College, G.U (Room No. 23)
- 30 seats (Maximum 5 seats are reserved for employees of Gauhati University. However, their applications will have to be submitted through proper channel.
Eligibility Criteria for Guwahati University PG Diploma in Basics of Law Admission 2019
- An applicant who has graduated in any discipline of knowledge from a university established by an Act of Parliament or by a state legislature or from an equivalent national institution recognized as a deemed University or from a foreign university recognized as equivalent to the status of an Indian University by an authority competent to declare equivalence, may apply for the Diploma Course in the Basics of Law on successful completion of the regular course.
- Provided that applicants who have obtained First Degree Certificate after prosecuting studies in distance or correspondence method from a duly recognized University shall also be considered eligible for admission in the Diploma Course in Basics of Law.
- There is no upper age limit for admission into PG Diploma course in Basics of Law.
Admission and Selection criteria
Preference in admission will be given to the candidates in the following order:
- Government/Semi Government employee
- Public/ Private Sector Employee
- Official in Banking Sector
- Official in Health Sector
- Official in Insurance Sector
- Official in Industry Sector
- Research Scholar
- P.G Students or Graduate in any discipline
Admission Fees and Course Fees: (to be paid online)
The fees are to be paid at the time of admission
- Admission Fee: Rs. 1000/-
- Course Fee: Rs. 18000/- per semester payable in two installments
Refund Policy: There will be no refund of the course fees.
Guwahati University PG Diploma in Basics of Law Admission 2019 Application Process
- Duly filled-in Application form along with application Pay in slip for Fee of Rs. 300/- is to be submitted at the office of the Principal, University Law College, Gauhati University, on or before 30th July 2019 up to 1.00 pm.
- Applicants are to pay the application fee online through SBI Collect payment gateway accessible from www.gauhati.ac.in
Jalukbari, Guwahati, Assam 781014