Gauhati University announces Law Program Integrated B.A., LL.B, B.A., LL.B (Hons.) and LL.B. Course Admission 2021
Gauhati University Law Admission 2021 – Online applications are invited from eligible candidates for admission into the First Semester of Five Year Integrated B.A., LL.B./B.A.,LLB ( Hons.) & Three year LL.B. Degree program for the academic session 2021-22.
Candidates can read the complete details of Gauhati University Law Admission 2021 such as application form, eligibility criteria & other information from the page below.
- B.A., LL.B Course
- B.A., LL.B (Hons.) Course
- LL.B. Course
Gauhati University Law Admission 2021 Important Dates
- On-line registration and payment of Application Fees by candidates (B.A.,LL.B / B.A., LL.B (Hons.) Course) : From 02nd August to 14th August, 2021
- On-line registration and payment of Application Fees by candidates (LL.B Course) : From 05th to 14th August 2021
- Issue of Admit Card (B.A., LL.B/B.A.,LL.B (Hons.) Course) : 17th August 2021
- Issue of Admit Card (LL.B Course) : To be notified at a later date
- Date of Entrance Test (B.A., LL.B/B.A., LL.B (Hons.) Course) : 22nd August 2021
- Date of Entrance Test (LL.B Course) : 19th September 2021
- Publication of provisional Selection List on the notice board and G.U. website for B.A.,LL.B / B.A., LL.B (Hons.), LLB Course : To be notified at a later date
- Provisional admission of students into First Semester of B.A., LL.B. /B.A.,LLB ( Hons.) course whose names appear in the Merit list : To be notified at a later date
- Commencement of classes : To be notified at a later date
Eligibility Criteria for Gauhati University Law Admission 2021
Three Year Law Degree Course
- An applicant who has graduated in any discipline of ‘knowledge from a University established by an Act of Parliament or by a State legislature or an equivalent national institution recognized as a Deemed to be University or ‘foreign University recognized as equivalent to the status of an Indian University by an authority competent to declare equivalence, may apply for a three years’ degree program in-law leading to conferment of LL.B degree on successful completion of regular program.
- Provided that applicants who have obtained First Degree Certificate after prosecuting studies in distance or correspondence method shall also be considered eligible for admission in the three year law degree course.
Five Year Integrated Law Degree Course
- An applicant who has successfully completed Senior Secondary School course (‘+2’) or equivalent (such as 11+1, ‘A’ level in Senior School Leaving Certificate Course) from a recognized university of India or outside or from a Senior Secondary Board or equivalent, constituted or recognized by the Union or by the State Govt., may apply for admission into the course.
- Provided that applicants who have obtained +2 Higher Secondary Pass Certificate or equivalent certificate after prosecuting studies in distance or correspondence method shall also be considered as eligible for admission in the integrated five year law course.
Minimum Marks in Qualifying Examination for Admission
- As per stipulation of the Bar Council of India the minimum percentage of marks not below 45% of the total marks in case of general category applicants and 40% of the total marks in case of SC, ST and OBC applicants, to be obtained in the qualifying examination, such as +2 Examination in case of admission into the integrated Five Year Law Course or in Degree course in any discipline for admission into the Three Year LL.B course. Provided that such a minimum qualifying marks shall not automatically entitle a person to get admission into any college or institution but only shall entitle the person concerned to fulfill other institutional criteria notified by the college or the institution concerned or by the government concerned from time to time to apply for admission.
Gauhati University Law Admission 2021 Application Process
- Eligible candidates can apply online only through the official website https://gauhati.ac.in/ or https://admissions.guportal.in
- Candidates will have to register their application by entering their basic information in the online application form. After that an Application number and password will be generated by the system and displayed on the screen. Candidates should note down the Application number and password .
- Candidates are required to upload their photograph and signature as per the specifications for Scanning and Upload of Photograph, Signature and Grade Sheet.
- Candidates are advised to carefully fill in the online application themselves as no change in any of the data filled in the online application will be possible/ entertained. Prior to submission of the online application candidates are advised to use the “Save and Next” option to verify the details in the online application form and modify the same if required. No change is permitted after clicking on Final submit Button.
- All applicants are advised to follow the eligibility criteria before filling up the online admission form. Students are also advised to keep visiting the university website www.gauhati.c.in
- Application Fee : Rs. 800/-
- Mode of Payment : Online Through Debit Cards (Visa/MasterCard/Maestro), Credit Cards, Internet Banking. RuPay Card
- Admission will be based on merit of the Entrance test.
For more details and to apply online, please visit the official website