National Law University announces Common Law Admission Test (CLAT) 2022 for Admission to Law Courses
CLAT 2022 – Consortium of National Law University invites online applications for admission to Undergraduate (UG) and Postgraduate Degree (PG) Programs in Law for the Academic Session 2022 in Twenty One (21) National Law Universities of India.
Candidates can check complete details about CLAT 2022 including eligibility criteria, application process, exam pattern etc from the page below.
About CLAT 2022
- Common Law Admission Test (CLAT) 2022 organized by Consortium of National Law University. NLU is going to conduct CLAT 2022 on May 08, 2022. The Common Law Admission Test (CLAT) is a national level test which is conducted by various NLUs on a national basis.
- CLAT is an all India entrance examination conducted annually for admission to twenty one (21) National Law Universities for their under-graduate and post-graduate degree programs.
List of 21 Participating NLUs are
- National Law School of India University, Bengaluru (NLSIU)
- National Academy of Legal Study & Research University of Law, Hyderabad (NALSAR)
- National Law Institute University, Bhopal (NLIU)
- The West Bengal National University of Juridical Sciences, Kolkata (WBNUJS)
- National Law University, Jodhpur (NLUJ)
- Hidayatullah National Law University, Raipur (HNLU)
- Gujarat National Law University, Gandhinagar (GNLU)
- Dr. Ram Manohar Lohiya National Law University, Lucknow (RMLNLU)
- Rajiv Gandhi National Law University, Punjab (RGNUL)
- Chanakya National Law University, Patna (CNLU)
- National University of Advanced Legal Studies, Kochi (NUALS)
- National Law University Odisha, Cuttack (NLUO)
- National University of Study & Research in Law, Ranchi (NUSRL)
- National Law University & Judicial Academy, Assam (NLUJAA)
- Damodaram Sanjivayya National Law University, Visakhapatnam (DSNLU)
- Tamil Nadu National Law School, Tiruchirappalli (TNNLS)
- Maharashtra National Law University, Mumbai (MNLU)
- Maharashtra National Law University, Nagpur (MNLU)
- Maharashtra National Law University, Aurangabad (MNLU Aurangabad)
- Himachal Pradesh National Law University (HPNLU) Ghandal, Shimla
- Dharmashastra National Law University, Jabalpur
- 3-years, Bachelor of Law (LLB)
- 5-year Integrated Law degree, BBA LLB
- Master of Laws (LLM)
CLAT 2022 Dates
- Commencement of submission of Online Application: 01st January 2022
- Last Date for submission of Online Application: 31st March 2022
- Date of CLAT 2022 Test (Offline Mode): 08th May 2022
- Publication of Official Answer Key: 03rd week of May 2022
- CLAT Result 2022: Last week of May 2022
CLAT Eligibility Criteria 2022
For Undergraduate Program (Five Year Integrated LLB (Hons) Course):
- Candidates should be Passed 10+2 or equivalent exam with a minimum of (i) Forty Five percent (45%) marks in case of candidates belonging to Unreserved/OBC/Specially Abled Persons (SAP)/NRI/NRI sponsored categories and (ii) Forty percent (40%) marks in case of candidates belonging to SC/ST categories.
- Candidates appearing in the qualifying exam in March/April 2022 are also eligible to apply.
- Candidates should be below Twenty (20) years of age in case of Unreserved/NRI/NRI sponsored categories and below twenty-two (22) years in case of SC/ST /OBC/SAP categories as on 01st July 2022.
Post-Graduate Program (One Year LLM Course)
- Candidates must be LLB or equivalent degree exam with a minimum of Fifty Five percent (55%) marks in case of Unreserved/OBC/SAP categories and Fifty percent (50%) in case of SC/ST categories.
- Candidates appearing in the qualifying examination in April / May 2022 are also eligible to apply.
CLAT Application Process 2022
- Eligible candidates can apply for CLAT 2022 through online mode at website www.clat.ac.in & www.clatconsortiumofnlu.ac.in
- The CLAT 2022 Registration is going to start by online mode only at the official website www.clat.ac.in or www.clatconsortiumofnlu.ac.in
- The online enrollment for CLAT 2022 will open on January 1, 2022 and close on March 31, 2022. The application has to be submitted Online only from website www.clatconsortiumofnlu.ac.in
- The aspirants need to register first and then proceed to fill in the details in the CLAT 2022 Application Form. The application process for CLAT 2022 is a three-step process.
- Step 1 – The aspirants First Register for the exam by providing their personal details.
- Step 2 – Fill the other necessary information in the Application Form and upload images.
- Step 3 – Pay the requisite amount of the Application Fee
CLAT 2022 Application Fee
- For General/OBC/PWD candidates – Rs.4000/-
- For SC/ST/BPL category Candidates – Rs.3500/-
- Mode of Payment – Online through Debit/Credit Card / Net Banking
CLAT 2022 Admit Card
- Admit Card/Hall ticket can be downloaded by the candidate by logging into his/her account. The exact date on which the hall tickets will be made available will be intimated on the website. Do not forget to bring the admit card to the exam center or else you shall not be allowed to sit for the exam. Hall-Ticket/ Admit card contains crucial details-Name, Roll Number, Photograph, Signature, Exam Schedule and Venue Address.
- The admission to UG and PG programs in participating universities under CLAT-2022 shall be completed through centralised online counselling conducted by the CLAT Consortium Office.
- The basis of allotment of seats shall be ‘merit-cum-preference’, i.e., the CLAT Rank, the order of preference given by the candidate in the CLAT application form and the category /categories selected by the candidate in the online application form and the number of seats and their division/break-up as available in each of the participating NLU.
CLAT 2022 – Exam Pattern
- Level of the Exam: National level Entrance Test
- Mode of the Exam: Offline (Pen-paper based test)
- Duration of Exam: 2 Hours
- Timings of the Exam: 03:00 pm to 05:00 pm
- Type of Questions: Multiple Choice Type Questions
- Section – 5 Session for UG Course; 3 Section for PG course
- Number of Questions: 150 Questions
- Marking Scheme: Negative marking of 0.25 mark is allotted for incorrect answers
- For every correct answer, a candidate will be awarded 1 mark and ¼ marks will be deducted for every wrong answer
- No. of Participating Institutes: 21 NLUs and over 25 Private Law Schools
Scheme of CLAT 2022 Exam
|For UG Courses|
|Subjects||No. of Questions||Marks|
|English using Comprehension||40 Questions||40 Marks|
|General Knowledge /Current Affairs||50 Questions||50 Marks|
|Elementary Mathematics||20 Questions||20 Marks|
|Legal Aptitude||50 Questions||50 Marks|
|Logical Reasoning||40 Questions||40 Marks|
|For PG Courses|
|Subjects||No. of Questions||Marks|
|Constitutional Law||50 Questions||50 Marks|
|Jurisprudence||50 Questions||50 Marks|
|Other Law subjects||50 Questions||50 Marks|
CLAT 2022 Syllabus
- For UG Courses: The questions paper consists of five sections namely English including Comprehension, General Knowledge and Current Affairs, Mathematics, Legal Aptitude & Logical Reasoning etc.
- For PG Courses: The questions paper consists of three sections namely Constitutional Law, Jurisprudence and Other Law subjects such as Contract, Torts, Criminal Law, International Law, Family Law, Property Law, IPR etc.
- At the time of filling in details in the CLAT 2022 Application Form, the aspirants have to give the preference for the test center
- The list of cities for CLAT 2022 is not yet known and will be updated here as soon as complete information of CLAT 2022 is available.
For more information & to apply online, visit the university website