National Law University announces Common Law Admission Test (CLAT) 2024 for Admission to Law Courses
CLAT 2024 – Consortium of National Law University invites online applications for admission to Undergraduate (UG) and Postgraduate Degree (PG) Programs in Law for the Academic Session 2024 in Twenty two (22) National Law Universities of India.
About CLAT 2024
- The Common Law Admission Test (CLAT) is a national level entrance exam for admissions to undergraduate (UG) and postgraduate (PG) law programmes offered by 22 National Law Universities in India.
- CLAT is organised by the Consortium of National Law Universities, comprising representative universities.
- Several affiliate universities and organisations also use the CLAT exam for admissions and recruitment respectively.
- All admissions to the 5-year integrated Ll.B. and Ll.M. programmes that commence in the Academic Year 2024-2025 shall be through the CLAT 2024
List of Participating University
- National Law School of India University, Bengaluru (NLSIU)
- National Academy of Legal Study & Research University of Law, Hyderabad (NALSAR)
- National Law Institute University, Bhopal (NLIU)
- The West Bengal National University of Juridical Sciences, Kolkata (WBNUJS)
- National Law University, Jodhpur (NLUJ)
- Hidayatullah National Law University, Raipur (HNLU)
- Gujarat National Law University, Gandhinagar (GNLU)
- Dr. Ram Manohar Lohiya National Law University, Lucknow (RMLNLU)
- Rajiv Gandhi National Law University, Punjab (RGNUL)
- Chanakya National Law University, Patna (CNLU)
- National University of Advanced Legal Studies, Kochi (NUALS)
- National Law University Odisha, Cuttack (NLUO)
- National University of Study & Research in Law, Ranchi (NUSRL)
- National Law University & Judicial Academy, Assam (NLUJAA)
- Damodaram Sanjivayya National Law University, Visakhapatnam (DSNLU)
- Tamil Nadu National Law School, Tiruchirappalli (TNNLS)
- Maharashtra National Law University, Mumbai (MNLU)
- Maharashtra National Law University, Nagpur (MNLU)
- Maharashtra National Law University, Aurangabad (MNLU Aurangabad)
- Himachal Pradesh National Law University (HPNLU) Ghandal, Shimla
- Dharmashastra National Law University, Jabalpur
- DBRAU Haryana
- Application Starting Date: 01st July 2023
- Last Date for receiving applications: 03rd November 2023
- CLAT 2024 Exam Date: 03rd December 2023
- Release of Third Sample Question Set: To Be Announced
- Issue of Admit Card: To Be Announced
For Undergraduate Program (Five Year Integrated LLB (Hons) Course):
- There is no upper age limit for candidates appearing for UG Programme through the CLAT 2024.
- Candidates must secure the following minimum percentage of marks in their qualifying examination (i.e., 10+2 or an equivalent examination):
- Forty five percent (45%) marks or its equivalent grade in case of candidates belonging to General / OBC / PWD / NRI / PIO / OCI categories
- Forty Percent (40%) marks or equivalent in case of candidates belonging to SC/ST categories.
- Candidates who may be appearing for their qualifying examination in April/May 2024 are also eligible to appear for the CLAT 2024 examination. However, they shall be required to produce evidence of their passing the qualifying examination at the time of admission, failing which they shall lose their right to be considered for admission.
- The result of the qualifying examination (i.e., 10+2) shall be submitted by the candidate at the time of admission, failing which the candidate shall be ineligible for admission to the course they may have applied for.
- If more than one candidate secures an equal number of marks in the CLAT 2024, the break of tie shall be by the following procedure and order as under:
- i. Higher marks in the component/section on Legal Aptitude in the CLAT 2024 exam;
- ii. Higher age;
- iii. Computerised draw of lots.
- An Ll.B. Degree or an equivalent examination with a minimum of Fifty percent (50%) marks or its equivalent grade in case of candidates belonging to General/OBC/PWD/NRI/PIO/OCI categories and Forty-Five percent (45%) marks or its equivalent grade in case of candidates belonging to SC/ST categories.
- Candidates appearing for their qualifying examination in April/May 2024 are also eligible to apply.
- There is no upper age limit for appearing for the CLAT 2024.
- 4. Tie Breaker Rule : In case of equal marks, the break of tie shall be by the following procedure and order as under:
- i. Higher age;
- ii. Computerised draw of lots.
- The candidates are required to read the instructions carefully and furnish correct and authentic information.
- Eligible candidates can apply for CLAT 2024 through online mode at website https://consortiumofnlus.ac.in/
- The online enrolment for CLAT 2024 will open on 01st July 2023 and close on 03rd November, 2023
- The application form, complete in all respects and after payment of fees must be finally submitted and paid on or before 03rd November, 2023 (11:59 P.M.). Incomplete application forms shall not be considered. The candidates shall fill and submit the application form well in time to avoid last minute hassles. The CLAT Office or the organizing University shall in no case be responsible for any incomplete information or misinformation or inconvenience faced by the candidate in this regard.
- Application fees can be paid online only.
- Application fee for General/OBC/PWD/NRI/PIO/OCI candidates: Rs.4,000/-
- Application fee for SC/ST/BPL category candidates: Rs.3,500/-
- The cost of previous years’ question papers is Rs.500/- (not included in the CLAT 2024 application fee of Rs.4,000/- or Rs.3,500/- as the case may be.)
- Mode of Payment – Online through Debit/Credit Card / Net Banking
- The admission to UG and PG programs in participating universities under CLAT-2024 shall be completed through centralised online counselling conducted by the CLAT Consortium Office.
- The basis of allotment of seats shall be ‘merit-cum-preference’, i.e., the CLAT Rank, the order of preference given by the candidate in the CLAT application form and the category /categories selected by the candidate in the online application form and the number of seats and their division/break-up as available in each of the participating NLU.
CLAT 2024 Exam Pattern
- Level of the Exam: National level Entrance Test
- Mode of the Exam: Offline (Pen-paper based test)
- Maximum Marks :150
- Duration of CLAT 2024 Exam : 02:00 Hours
- Multiple-Choice Questions : 150 questions of one mark each
- Negative Marking : 0.25 Mark for each wrong answer
- Subject Areas with weightage:
- English Language
- Current Affairs, including General Knowledge
- Legal Reasoning
- Logical Reasoning
- Quantitative Techniques
- Maximum Marks : 120
- Duration of exam : 02:00 Hours
- Multiple-Choice Questions : 120 questions of one mark each
- Negative Marking : 0.25 Mark will be deducted for each wrong answer
- Constitutional Law
- Other areas of law such as Jurisprudence, Administrative Law, Law of Contract, Torts, Family Law, Criminal Law, Property Law, Company Law, Public International Law, Tax Law, Environmental Law, and Labour & Industrial Law
Admit Card/Hall ticket
- The Admit Card/Hall ticket can be downloaded by the candidate by logging into his/her account. The exact date on which the hall tickets will be made available will be intimated on the website.
For more information & to apply online, visit the university website
- Law Entrance Exam and Admission Notifications 2023
- Latest Entrance Exam Notifications and Dates 2023