HPU Shimla BA LLB Admission 2019, Eligibility, Application, Dates
HPU Shimla 5-year Integrated BA-LLB (Hons) Admission 2019 Notification
HPU Shimla Integrated BA-LLB Admission 2019 - The Himachal Pradesh University (HPU), University Institute of Legal Studies has released the admission notification for admission under 5 years B.A-LLB Integrated Program for the academic year 2019-20.
Those who want to get admission into B.A.-LLB Courses can fill the application form till. Candidates check all the eligibility criteria before applying for the above-mentioned exam.
- The Himachal Pradesh University Institute of Legal Studies has designed the law course in the light of Bar Council of India guidelines. The purpose of such integrated course is to offer intensive and extensive Instructions of legal education so as to provide a versatile human resource.
- The Institute is committed to preparing the students to perform better especially in the field of the legal profession. So, the candidates who are interested in HPU BA LLB admission may apply online. The application form for the same is available on the official website of Himachal Pradesh University in online mode.
Important Dates for HPU Shimla Integrated BA-LLB Admission 2019
- Last date for submission of Online Application Form: 04th June 2019
- Last date for correction/Updating of online application form: 08th June 2019
- Date of Interview/Counseling: 14th June 2019
- Merit List to be displayed on 19th June 2019
- Last date to submit Fee and Other Charges: 21st June 2019
- Last date of admission against the vacant/Vacated Seat (if any) 31st July 2019
Eligibility Criteria for HPU Shimla Integrated BA-LLB Admission 2019
- The Eligibility Criteria for the admission in B.A. LLB (Hons.) Programme is as follows:
- Category: Minimum Marks in 10+2
- General: 50% [Age Limit as on 1st July 2019 – 20 years]
- SC/ST: 45% [Age Limit as on 1st July 2019 – 22 years]
- Physically Disabled: 50% [Age Limit as on 1st July 2019 – 25 years Gen & 27 years (SC/ST)]
- The Hon’ble Vice-Chancellor shall have the power to relax the age condition up to a maximum period of 6 months.
- Note: The applicant who have obtained 10+2 through Open Universities System directly without having any basic qualification such students are not eligible for admission in the Law Courses as per the decision of the Hon’ble Supreme Court of India in Annamalai University Vs. Secretary to Government, Information and Tourism Department, (2009) 4 SCC 590.
Duration & Scheme of Course
- Duration of the course shall be five years. It shall have 60 papers spread over ten semesters. Each paper carries 100 marks, out of which 70 marks are assigned for End Semester Exam and the remaining 30 marks will be assessed on the basis of Continuous Internal Assessment. The components for Continuous Internal Assessment for Core/Elective Courses are:
- For Law Courses/Marks/For Social Science Courses & Marks
- Minor Test: 10; Minor Test - 10
- Moot Court: 10; Project/Written Assignment - 10
- Attendance: 05; Attendance: 5
- Viva-Voce: 05; Viva-Voce: 5
- Total: 30 Marks
HPU Shimla Integrated BA-LLB Admission 2019 Selection Procedure
- Admission to the course shall be made strictly on academic merit, based on the marks obtained in 10+2 or an equivalent examination.
- The list of the merit to this course shall be prepared by University Institute of Legal Studies, H.P. University, Ava-Lodge Campus, Chaura-Maidan, Shimla after conducting the interview on June 14, 2019 and final list of Merit shall be displayed on June 19, 2019, on the Notice Board of the Himachal Pradesh University Institute of Legal Studies.
Criteria for Resolving Tie
- The following formulae shall be adopted to resolve a tie for admission:
- In case of a tie, the candidate having higher aggregate marks in matriculation examination shall be admitted first.
- Further, if the tie is still not resolved the candidate older in age shall be admitted first.
Intake and Reservation Criteria
- The reservation for admission to this course shall be as under:
- 75% seats shall be reserved for those candidates who are Himachal Pradesh Domicile. The remaining 25% of seats shall be open for all.
- 15% seats shall be reserved for candidates belonging to Scheduled Castes of Himachal- Pradesh.
- 7.5% seats shall be reserved for candidates belonging to Scheduled Tribes of the State of Himachal Pradesh.
- 5% seats shall be reserved for person with disability of Himachal Pradesh with 40% disability to be certified by the competent authority
- Two seats shall be reserved for Single Girl Child candidate
- Two seats shall be reserved for J&K Migrants.
- Three seats shall be reserved under non subsidized category for University Wards as notified vide Notification no.5-1/88- HPU (Genl)-Part-5 Dated 28th August 2012
No. of Seats
- The number of Seats and Distribution thereof:
- Total Number of Seats: 120
- Number of Subsidized Seats: 75*
- Number of Non- Subsidized Seats: 45**
- Two Seats reserved for Single Girl Child & Two seats are reserved for J&K Migrants.
- Three seats reserved for Himachal Pradesh University Wards
HPU Shimla Integrated BA-LLB Admission 2019 Application Procedure
- The application form for HPU B.A. LLB (Hons.) Admissions 2019 is available on the official website of the University. The application form is available in the online mode. Before filling up the online application form candidates kindly ensure that they fulfill the eligibility norms.
- Although proper care and precaution has been taken while drafting the Prospectus for the Session 2019-20. However, any discrepancy font at later stage shall be subject to ratification/correction as per the Rules and Regulations of HPU applicable on UILS.
- For more details, visit Official Website admissions.hpushimla.in
Get Free Entrance Exam Alerts and College Admission Guidance >> Click here