GIPE Pune MSc Entrance Exam 2019, Application, Dates
Gokhale Institute of Politics Economics Pune MSc Entrance Exam 2019
GIPE Pune MSc Entrance Exam 2019 - Gokhale Institute of Politics and Economics (GIPE), Pune invites applications for eligible candidates for admission two years M.Sc. Degree Program in various disciplines in Economics, Financial Economics, Agribusiness Economics, International Business Economics & Finance for the academic session 2019-20
An entrance will be conducted in order to get admission in M.Sc. Program. You may have the application form from the GIPE official website or the direct link that we will mention in this notification for the application form.
The M.Sc. Program Details
- Gokhale Institute of Politics and Economics (GIPE) admits students to M.Sc. Degree Program in various disciplines through GIPE M.Sc. Entrance Test 2019
- The Course is oriented towards fulfilling three primary objectives. First, equipping students with a firm grounding in core economic theory. Second, introducing them to various applications of economic theory in the real world.
- Third, developing a quantitative and analytical bent of mind. Interested candidates may apply for the admission in M.Sc. Post-Graduate Program when the application will be available.
GIPE Pune MSc Entrance Exam 2019 Courses Offered
- M. Sc. (Economics)
- M. Sc. (Financial Economics)
- M. Sc. (Agribusiness Economics)
- M. Sc. (International Business Economics & Finance)
Allotment of Seats for Admission
- The total number of students admitted to this Program will be 40. The reservation of seats for the M.Sc. Economics Program shall be as per the guidelines of Govt. of Maharashtra as may be applicable at the time of admission
M.Sc. (Financial Economics) / M.Sc. (Agribusiness Economics) / M.Sc. (IB Economics & Finance*)
- The total number of students to be admitted to the above Programs will be 40 each. The allocation of seats shall be as per Govt. of India guidelines with 50.5% of the seats in the open merit category and the rest in the reserved category.
- Total No. of Seats: 160
GIPE Pune MSc Entrance Exam 2019 Eligibility Criteria
- Before applying for GIPE Entrance Test, the candidates are advised to ensure their eligibility for the same. The prescribed eligibility criteria for admission to M.Sc. Degree Programs are summarised below:
- Admission to M.Sc. Economics, M.Sc. Financial Economics, M.Sc. Agribusiness Economics and M.Sc. International Business Economics & Finance is open to all graduate’s subject to minimum 50% marks in the aggregate (45% for reserved category candidates) at graduation.
- Candidates who have appeared for the final degree exam during 2018-19 and whose results are awaited shall also be eligible to apply
- However, in order to be considered for admission to the program, their results must be conveyed by the respective universities to the Institute on or before 01st July 2019
Entrance Exam Details
- The Entrance Examination for admission to our M.Sc. program will be held on Sunday, 09th June 2019, from 10.00 a.m. to 12.00 p.m. The medium of the Entrance Examination will be English.
- The Entrance Exam will be of 120 minutes duration and will consist of 100 objective type questions, each carrying one mark. One fourth of the marks will be deducted as negative marks for wrong answers.
- Entrance Examination will comprise the following components: (a) Aptitude in Mathematics and Statistics (30 marks) (b) Analytical Ability and Reasoning (20 marks) (c) Undergraduate level knowledge in Economics (50 marks)
- For sample questions of Entrance Examination, please visit www.gipe.ac.in
- Descriptive Statistics- Measures of Central tendency- Measures of dispersion- Correlation and Regression Coefficient - Probability Theory- Index Numbers
- Mathematics for economics - Algebra, Calculus and Matrix Algebra
- Analytical Ability and Reasoning
- Microeconomics (Demand Curves, Price and Income Elasticity of Demand, Cost Curves, Equilibrium of Firm under different market structures)
- Macroeconomics (National Income, Theory of Income Determination, Fiscal and Monetary Policy, Trade and Balance of Payments)
GIPE Pune MSc Entrance Exam 2019 Centres
- The Entrance Exam will be conducted at the centres specified below. Candidates should specify their choice of centre while filling up the application form
- No request for change in the exam centre will be entertained thereafter
- Pune - Gokhale Institute of Politics and Economics, 846, Shivajinagar, Pune 411004
- Mumbai - Maniben Nanavati Women’s College, Vallabhbhai Road, Vile Parle (W)
- New Delhi - Bharatiya Vidya Bhavan, Mehta Sadan, Kasturba Gandhi Marg, New Delhi-110001
- Kolkata - Maharaja Manindra Chandra College, 20 Ramkanto Bose Street, Kolkata 700003
- Chennai - Meenakshi College for Women, C/O IIET 363 Arcot Road, Kodambakkam, Chennai-600024
- Ernakulam - St. Albert’s College, Banerji Road, Kacheripady, Ernakulam, Kerala-682019
GIPE Pune MSc Entrance Exam 2019 Application Procedure
- The Application Form for GIPE Entrance Test for M.Sc. Programs is available online on the website of GIPE (www.gipe.ac.in). It is advised to that candidates shall apply before the due date to avoid the last minutes rush.
- Students seeking admission to the M.Sc. Degree Programs are required to fill the Application Form Online, www.gipe.ac.in and later download the filled-in-Application Form and submit it along with application form
- Fee of Rs.2500/- (Rs.1250/- for Reserved Category candidates domiciled in Maharashtra, for M.Sc. Economics only) payable by DD in favour of Gokhale Institute of Politics and Economics, payable at Pune and other required documents to "The Registrar, Gokhale Institute of Politics and Economics, 846, Shivaji Nagar, Pune-411004 (Maharashtra)"
- Candidates are required to report at the reception of respective colleges at 09.00 am on the day of the entrance exam
- Candidates shall submit the following original certificates/attested photocopies or both at the time of admission and document verification:
- Transfer Certificate/ Leaving Certificate
- Statement of Marks
- Migration Certificate
- Caste Certificate (for Reserve Category)
- Domicile Certificate of Maharashtra (for reserved category candidates from Maharashtra and seeking admission in MSc. Economics)
- Domicile Certificate of Jammu and Kashmir (for residents of J&K)
- Certificate of Disability (for Physical Handicapped Candidates)
- Valid Non-Creamy Layer certificate (for OBC and those categories, which are required to submit it to claim reservation quota as per government rules)
GIPE Pune MSc Entrance Exam 2019 Important Dates
- Last Date for Submitting Application Form is 24th May 2019
- Date of Exam M.Sc. Program will be held on Sunday, 09th June 2019, from 10.00 a.m. to 12.00 p.m.