University of Calcutta BA LLB Admission 2019, Dates, Eligibility, Application
Calcutta University Kolkata announces Entrance Exam for Admission to BA LLB Course 2019-20
Calcutta University BA LLB Admission 2019 - Calcutta University has released notification for admission to 1st Semester of 5-year B.A. LLB Course for the academic session 2019-20.
Candidates can read the complete detail of Calcutta University BA LLB 2019 Entrance Exam such as application form, eligibility criteria & other information on this page given below.
See: Law Entrance Exams
Calcutta University BA LLB Admission 2019 Important Dates
- Online Form Submission: 01st June 2019 to 19th June 2019
- Application Fees Payment (through SBI Collect): 01st June to 20th June 2019
- Online Admit Card Download: 25th June to 29th June 2019
- Date of Entrance Test: 30th June 2019 (Sunday)
- Entrance Test Overall Merit List & Category wise seat Capacity: 05th July 2019
- 01st Phase 09th July 2019, 05 P.M. onward
- 02nd Phase 17th July 2019, 05 P.M. onward
- 03rd Phase 26th July 2019, 05 P.M. onward
- Online Admission Slip Download: After each Phase of E-Counselling
- 01st Phase 10th July to 12th July 2019
- 02nd Phase 18th July 2019 to 22nd July 2019
- 03rd Phase 27th July 2019 to 31st July 2019 (Except holidays)
- Online form submission for admission to BA LLB 5-year course in the following institutions for the session 2019-20
- Dept. of Law, University of Calcutta (Hazra Campus) - 120 Seats
- Jogesh Chandra Chowdhury Law College - 120 Seats
- South Calcutta Law College - 120 Seats
- Surendranath Law College - 120 Seats
- Bikash Bharati Law College (Self‐financed). Aamtala, South 24 Parganas - 120 Seats
- Rabindra Siksha Sammilani Law College (Mallickpur, South-24 Parganas) - 120 Seats
- Jyotirmoy School of Law (Self-financed), Sonarpur, South-24 Parganas - 120 Seats
- Shyambazar Law College (Self‐financed) Shyambazar - 120 Seats
- George School of Law (Self-financed) G.T. Road, Konnagar, Hoogly; 120 Seats
- Sureswar Dutta Law College (Self-financed), Mourigram, Howrah - 120 Seats
- Heritage Law College (Self-financed), Anandapur, Chowbaga Kolkata - 120 Seats
- Kolkata Police Law Institute (Self-financed), Kolkata - 60 Seats (80% of seats reserved for the eligible wards of Kolkata Police/Ex Kolkata Police/WB Police/Ex WB Police)
- LJD Law College (Self-financed) - No. of Seats 120
- Please note that Bar Council of India did not approve the enhancement of intake capacity for OBC reservation so the OBC applicant will not get any relaxation and reservation benefit
Eligibility Criteria for Calcutta University BA LLB Admission 2019
- Passed 10+2 or its equivalent from the Board recognized by the University of Calcutta in the year 2017-2019 (for General); 2015-2019 (for SC/ST) and 2012-2019 (for PWD) only.
- 10+2 Level Marks obtained from the Board recognized by the University of Calcutta:
- General: At least 45% marks in best four subjects (Excluding Environmental Studies of WBCHSE) SC/ST/Person with Disability (Disability 40% or more): At least 40% marks in best four subjects (Excluding Environmental Studies of WBCHSE).
- Candidate passed 10+2 from the Board other than WBCHSE, ISC, CBSE and Rabindra Mukto Vidyalay must be obtained “EQUIVALANCE CERTIFICATE” from the office of the Registrar, (Equivalence Section) University of Calcutta, 87/1, College Street, Kolkata-700073 by a written application in plain paper with relevant photocopy of 10+2 Mark Sheet.
- Certificate will be required at the time of Admission. It will be safe to obtain the certificate before online application submission.
- Date: 30th June 2019
- Time: 12 Noon
- Duration: Two and half hours
- Marks: 100
- Pattern: Off-line
- Question Type: MCQ (English, GK, Current Affairs, Reasoning, General Math etc.)
- There will be only objective type test (MCQ type); the test will be of 2 ½ hours duration followed by the topics i.e., General English, General Awareness/Current Affairs, General Math, Test of Reasoning (Verbal & Non-verbal)
Calcutta University BA LLB Admission 2019 Application Process
- Single online applications are invited for admission to 1st Semester of 5-year B.A.LL.B. Course for the academic session 2019-20 at our official website www.caluniv.ac.in for the under mentioned institutions.
- Application Form will not be available at the University Sales Counter and cannot be downloaded.
- For General Candidates Rs.500/- (Rupees Five hundred only) and
- For Candidates SC/ST/PWD Rs.250/- (Rupees Two hundred fifty only)
- Through State Bank Collect Payment through Debit Card/Credit Card or Download SBI Challan and pay at any SBI branch
- Marks & Application Fees relaxations as well as seat reservation are applicable for those SC/ST applicants who have valid certificate from the competent authority of the Govt. of West Bengal only
- Marks & Fees relaxations as well as seat reservation are applicable for those PWD applicants who have valid certificate with disability 40% or more from the competent authority with
- Please note that Bar Council of India did not approve the enhancement of intake capacity for OBC reservation so the OBC applicant will be treated as General and not get any relaxation and reservation benefit