CBSE Class 10 Science Chapter 15 Our Environment MCQ Questions with Answers
Our Environment MCQs – Here is a compilation of Class 10 Science MCQs Chapter 15 Our Environment. Students can practice free MCQs as have been added by CBSE in the new Exam pattern. At the end of Multiple Choice Questions, the answer key has also been provided for your reference. Take Free Online MCQs Test For Class 10.
Click Here for the MCQ video of Our Environment
1. Disposable plastics plates should not be used because ————–.
A. they are made up of light weight material
B. They are made of toxic materials
C. they are made up of biodegradable materials
D. they are made up of non biodegradable materials
2. Which of the following groups contain only biodegradable items ?
A. grass, flowers, leather
B. grass, wood, plastics
C. fruit peels, cake and lime juice
D. cake, wood, grass
3. What will happen if deer is missing from the food chain : grass → deer → Tiger ?
A. the population of tiger will increase
B. tiger will start eating grass
C. the population of grass decrease
D. population of tiger decrease and grass increases
Also See: CBSE Class 10 English MCQs
4. Which is incorrect:
A. all green plants and blue green algae are producers
B. green plants get their food from organic compounds
C. producers prepare food from inorganic substances
D. plants convert solar energy to chemical energy
5. The % of solar radiation absorbed by all green plants for photosynthesis is about ———–.
6. If a grasshopper is eaten by frog, then the energy transfer will be from :
A. producers to decomposers
B. producer to primary consumer
C. primary consumer to secondary consumer
D. secondary consumer to primary consumer
Our Environment Related Links –
|Our Environment Notes, Explanation, Question Answers|
|Our Environment Video Explanation||Our Environment MCQs Video|
|Our Environment Important Question Answers||Our Environment Important Question Answers Video|
7. The organisms of higher trophic level which feed on several types of organisms belonging to lower trophic level, constitute the—————–.
A. food web
B. ecological pyramid
D. food chain
8. Which is non biodegradable?
A. wood, paper, leather
B. polythene, detergent, grass
C. plastic, detergent, glass
D. plastic, bakelite, DDT
9. In a given food chain the amount of energy at fourth trophic level is 5 KJ, what will be the energy at producer level ?
10. The excessive exposure of humans to UV rays results in :
A. damage immune system
B. skin cancer
C. peptic ulcers
D. damage to lungs
Also See: CBSE Class 10 Hindi MCQs
11. The decomposers in ecosystem:
A. convert inorganic materials to simpler forms
B. convert organic material to inorganic forms
C. do not breakdown organic compounds
12. The flow of energy in ecosystem :
D. no specific direction
13. In an ecosystem, the 10% of energy available for transfer from one trophic level to next is in the form of ____.
A. heat energy
B. light energy
C. mechanical energy
D. chemical energy
14. Which of the following limits the number of trophic levels in a food chain?
A. decrease in energy at higher trophic level
B. deficient in food supply
C. polluted air
15. Which of the following constitute the food chain?
A. grass,wheat and mango
B. grass, goat and human
C. goat , cow and elephant
D. grass, fish , goat
16. Which of the following are environment friendly practices?
A. carrying cloth bags to put purchases in while shopping
B. switching off unnecessary lights and fans
C. walking to school instead of getting your mother to drop you on her scooter
17. In a food chain, the third trophic level is always occupied by_____.
18. An ecosystem includes _____.
A. all living organisms
B. non living objects
C. both living and non living components
D. sometimes living sometimes non living
19. Accumulation of non-biodegradable pesticides in the food chain, in increasing amount at each higher trophic level is known as ______
20. Depletion of ozone is mainly due to ________
B. sulphur dioxide
C. acid rain
D. green house effect
21. The constituents which do not form an eco-system are _______.
22. Which of the following is an example of producers?
A. plastic pens
B. plastic bags
23. Which of the following is an example of herbivores?
24. Which of the following is not an example of abiotic factors?
25.—– is a biodegradable pollutant .
B. cotton cloth
26. Which of the following is the terrestrial ecosystem?
A. natural forest
27. —- is an omnivore animal .
28. The formula of ozone is _____.
29. The number of atoms of oxygen in ozone______.
30. The constituent that does not form ecosystem is :
A. Biotic constituents
B. Abiotic constituents
C. Plastic bags
31. The functional unit of environment
32. Which out of them is herbivore?
33. Which is not an abiotic factor ?
34. _____ is a terrestrial ecosystem .
A. A natural forest
35. The microorganisms comprises of :
C. a and b
D. green plants
36. In the food chain, herbivores fall at ____ level .
37. In food chain, small carnivores fall at __ level.
38. In trophic level, the greatest number is of _____.
B. Primary consumers
C. Secondary consumers
D. Tertiary consumers
39. In food web, flow of energy is :
A. Non directional
D. any of above
40. Following is true for food web :
A. The energy available at each level gets diminished
B. Energy moves progressively through different levels
C. a and b
Important Videos Links
41. Order of energy flow in ecosystem is :
A. Sunlight →Herbivores →producers →carnivores
B. Sunlight → producers → carnivores → herbivores
C. Sunlight → herbivores → carnivores → producers
D. Sunlight → producers →herbivores → carnivores
42. Ozone shields the surface of earth from :
A. Infra red rays
B. U-v rays
43. Which refrigerant is responsible for depletion of ozone layer
44. The organisms which synthesise carbohydrates from inorganic compounds using radiant energy are called :
45. What percentage of sunlight is captured by plants to convert into food energy ? A. 1%
D. more than 50%
46. A detritus food chain begins with _____.
47. Which statement is incorrect :
A. All green plants and blue green algae are producers
B. Green plants get their food from organic compounds
C. Producers prepare their own food from inorganic compounds
D. Plants convert solar energy into chemical energy
48. Edaphic factors include ______.
A. Abiotic components
B. Biotic components
49. Acid rain is caused due to _______.
A. Carbon oxides
B. Nitrogen oxides
C. Sulphur oxides
D. both b and c
50. Which of the following belongs to the category of primary consumers ?
A. Eagle and snake
B. Grasshopper and cattle
C. Snake and frog
D. Water beetles and fish
Important Questions Videos Links
Answer Key for Class 10 Science Book Chapter 15 Our Environment MCQs
|Q. No.||Ans.||Q. No.||Ans.||Q. No.||Ans.||Q. No.||Ans.||Q. No.||Ans.|
Class 10 Science Chapter-wise MCQ Questions with Answers