PGI Chandigarh Master in Public Health (MPH) Entrance Exam 2019
PGIMER Chandigarh announces MPH Admission 2019 through Entrance Exam
PGI Chandigarh MPH Entrance Exam 2019 - Postgraduate Institute of Medical Education and Research (PGIMER) Chandigarh invites online applications for Master of Public Health (MPH) Course for the academic session starting from 01st July 2019.
Interested and eligible candidates can read the necessary information regarding PGI Chandigarh MPH Entrance Exam 2019 July Session, such as application form eligibility criteria, fee details, selection process etc. on this page.
Aims & Objective
Following are the aims and objectives of the institute:
- To develop patterns of teaching in UG & PG Medical Education in all its branches, so as to demonstrate a high standard of medical education
- To bring together educational facilities of the highest order for the training of personnel in all important branches of health activity.
- To attain self-sufficiency in Postgraduate Medical Education to meet the country's need for specialists and Medical Teachers.
About the Course
- Admission to the Master in Public Health is ade once in a year i.e. July session. The session commences from 1st July each year.
- The admission to the courses imparted at the Institute is made on merit on all Indian bases by holding an entrance exam by the Institute, after issuing a country wide admission notice. The admission notice is published in leading English Newspapers, Employment News of India in the month of March for July session every year.
Also See : MPH Admission
PGI Chandigarh MPH Entrance Exam 2019 Important Dates
- Last Date for Submission of Online Applications: 01st May 2019
- Last Date for Application Fee Payment: 31st May 2019
- Date of Examination: 30th June 2019 (10.00 am)
- Declaration of Result: 01st July 2019 (12:00 Noon)
- Clinical/Practical Exam: 02nd July 2019 (10.00 A.M.)
- Counselling: 03rd July 2019 (03:00 PM)
Duration of Course
- Two Academic Years - Master of Public Health (MPH) Course
No. of Seats
- Total - 20 [General-04, SC-02, ST-Nil, OBC, 06, PwBD-01 & Spon-02]
Eligibility Criteria for PGI Chandigarh MPH Admission 2019
- Applicant must have passed MBBS/BDS / B.V.Sc. / BE/MA/ M.Sc. on or before 30th June 2019 with at least 50% marks in aggregate. However, those belongings to SC/ST/OBC with at least 45% marks from a University/ Institute recognized by the Medical/Dental/Veterinary council of India / the Institution of Engineers (India) and UGC / AICTE.
- Must have either completed, or due to complete, respective rotatory internship training on or before 30th June 2019, if applicable (as per Annexure-I)
- Must be registered with Central /State Medical Registration Council. (if applicable)
- The selection of candidates will be made on the basis of a theory paper & viva voce/practicals carrying 100 marks (theory 80 marks, viva voce 20 marks).
- All candidates who fulfill the eligibility qualifications mentioned above shall appear in a theory paper containing objective type of questions on (1) Intellectual and Reasoning Skill, (2) Comprehensions, (3) Data interpretation skills, and (4) General Knowledge and awareness each having 20 marks. The duration of the theory paper will be one and half hours.
- A merit list will be prepared on the basis of the marks obtained by the candidates in the theory exam. Separate merit list will be prepared for each category (i.e. General /Sponsored/ Deputed & SC/ST/ OBC/PwBD). To qualify for Clinical Practical Exam must obtain the following marks:
- Open (General) and Sponsored/deputed: 50% marks
- SC/ST/OBC/PwBD: 45% marks.
- The number of candidates eligible to appear in the practical examination will be FIVE times the number of seats to be filled in each category of candidates, provided the candidates score more than the cut off marks mentioned above. Candidates will be invited for the practical exam strictly in order of merit in the respective category based on the marks obtained by the candidates in theory.
- The Practical Exam conducted by the respective departments will have a weightage of 20 marks. Neither the candidates, nor the departmental faculty conducting the practical exam, will be aware of the theory marks. The theory and practical exam marks will be added to obtain a final aggregate score (with a maximum of 100 marks).
- Candidates of various categories who score the following marks in theory examination & Viva voce /practical will qualify for a final interview with the selection committee:
- Open (General) and Sponsored/deputed: 50% marks
- SC/ST/OBC/PwBD: 45% marks
- There will be negative marking to the tune of 0.25 marks for each wrong answer in the theory paper
Details of Fee and Other Dues
- The following fees etc. will be payable by each candidate
- Registration Fee: Rs.500/-
- Tuition Fee: Rs.350/- per annum
- Laboratory Fees: Rs.900/- per annum
- Security: Rs.1000/- (Refundable) to be deposited by every candidate for the recovery of any breakage loss of the Lab equipment etc. and is refundable on completion of the course
- Amalgamated Fund: Rs.60/- p.m. (payable half yearly)
PGI Chandigarh MPH Entrance Exam 2019 Application Process
- Candidates are required to apply online through PGIMER, Chandigarh website www.pgimer.edu.in
- No other means/mode of application (through post, email, fax, deposit of CV etc.) will be accepted. The candidate will open the Online Application Form available on the website and fill up various columns.
- Firstly, ensure that you have a valid personal email ID; in case, a candidate does not have a valid personal email ID, he/she should create his/her new email ID before applying Online
- Candidates should keep checking the inbox or even the spam box of this email id regularly during the Admission process as PGIMER might send intimations related to admissions etc.
- The application, complete in all respects accompanied with all the relevant documents should reach the office of Registrar, PGIMER, Sector-12, Chandigarh on or before the closing date
- The Fees for General/OBC/OPH Candidates is Rs.1000/- and for SC/ST Rs.800/- (including category i.e. General or SC/ST).
- All candidates are directed to deposit the above fees through online payment gateway available at MPH application portal. The candidates can deposit the fee w.e.f 01st May 2019 to 31st May 2019 and last date for the same is 31st May 2019 upto 2359 hours.
- For General/OBC/Spon Candidates: Rs.1000/-
- For SC/ST Candidates: Rs.800/-
- PWD: Exempted from fee
Mode of Payment
- All the candidates are directed to deposit the above fees in the branches of State Bank of India by filling the Challan form in the name of "Director, PGIMER", Chandigarh (Examination) in the Power Jyoti Account No. 32211613319 and those candidates who have SBI account can also pay their fee through i-collect service of SBI.
Also See Top Colleges
- Top Medical Colleges in India (Medicine/MBBS)
- Top 20 Government Medical Colleges (MBBS) Colleges in India
- Top Medical Colleges of Russia
- Top Medical Colleges in Gujarat
- Top Medical Colleges in Karnataka
- Top Medical Colleges in Bihar
- Top Medical colleges in Rajasthan
- Top Medical Colleges in Tamilnadu
- Top Medical Colleges in Bangalore
- Top Medical Colleges in Maharashtra
- Top Medical Colleges in U.P.
- Top Medical Colleges in Kerala
- Top Private Medical Colleges in India for MBBS
- Top Private Medical Colleges in Karnataka
- Top 10 Government Medical Colleges in India
- Top 20 Physiotherapy Colleges in India
- Top 20 Pharmacy Colleges in India
- Top 10 Dental Colleges in India
- Top Colleges in India
- Top 100 Engineering Colleges in India