- PGIMER Chandigarh conducts PGIMER Entrance Exam for the purpose of admitting students to various Postgraduate Courses offered at the institute. The PGIMER Entrance Exam is held twice a year for admission to 20 Postgraduate Courses.
- For admissions to academic sessions 2021-22, the institute is conducting PGIMER 2021 in two sessions i.e. PGIMER January session and PGIMER July Session.
|PGI Chandigarh Entrance Exam 2021 Important Dates|
|Start of Online Application||1st March 2021|
|Last date of Online Application||31st March 2021|
|Date of Entrance Examination for MD/MS Courses||09th May 2021 (Tentative)|
|Date of Declaration of Result||15th May 2021 (Tentative)|
|Start of Counselling Process (Mock Round)||Dates will be declared later|
|Duration of Course|
- The MD/MS Course has a duration of three academic years. At present, this translates to the basic pay of Rs.56100/- in the pay matrix (Level-10) as per 7th CPC plus other allowances as applicable.
|PGI Chandigarh Courses Offered|
- First Year Junior Resident (for MD/MS Courses) in Anaesthesia; Biochemistry; Community Medicine; Dermatology; ENT; Forensic Medicine; Internal Medicine; Medical Microbiology; Nuclear Medicine; Obst. & Gynae; Ophthalmology; Ortho Surgery; Pathology; Paediatrics; Pharmacology; Psychiatry; Radiodiagnosis; Radiotherapy; General Surgery and Transfusion Medicine.
|Eligibility Criteria for PGI Chandigarh Entrance Exam 2021|
- Candidates must have passed MBBS or its equivalent qualification from a University/Institute recognized by the Medical Council of India (MCI).
- Candidates must have either completed or due to complete, one-year rotatory internship training on or before 31st December/30th June & January session respectively.
- Candidates must be registered with Central/State Medical Registration Council.
|PGI Chandigarh Entrance Exam 2021 Application Process|
- PGIMER has released the schedule for PGIMER July 2021 entrance exam on its official Website www.pgimer.edu.in or https://pgimeradmissions.net.in/; the dates of the theory examinations, declaration of result, and counseling for PGIMER 2021 admission are available on the official website of PGIMER.
- All applicants are advised to read the Prospectus and Instructions carefully before starting online registration and ensure that no column is left blank. In the event of rejection of the application form, no correspondence/request for reconsideration will be entertained. Applicants are also advised to download and take a print of the Application form. They should retain a copy of the Application form till the completion of the Admission Process.
- The admission prospectus for courses covered under PGIMER July 2021 session is at the official website www.pgimer.edu.in
|For SC/ST Candidates||Rs.1200/-|
|For General Categories||Rs.1500/-|
|PWD Candidates||Exempted for payment of Application/ Exam Fee|
|Mode of Payment||Through Debit / Credit Card / Net Banking|
|Issue of Admit Card|
- Downloadable Admit cards of all the eligible candidates will be hosted on the website. All the candidates are advised to download their Admit Cards from the website. It may please be noted that the Admit Cards will not be sent by Post.
- Candidates will be considered for selection to MD/MS courses based on a theory paper consisting of 250 multiple-choice questions (MCQs) with five alternatives each and single/multiple correct responses.
- The admission to the above courses of the institute is made on merit on all India basis by holding an entrance exam by the institute, after issuing a countrywide admission notice.
|Entrance Exam Pattern|
|Mode of Exam||Online Mode|
|Type of Question||250 questions|
|Marking Scheme||Negative marks will be given for incorrect responses marked.|
|Syllabus for Exam|
- The approximate number of questions for each subject is as follows: Applied Anatomy-06, Applied Biochemistry-12, Immunogenetics and Molecular Biology-10, Applied Physiology-06, Pathology-15, Pharmacology-12, Microbiology-12, Forensic Medicine-06, Social and Preventive Medicine-07, Internal Medicine-36, Paediatrics-12, Dermatology-06, Psychiatry-06, Radiodiagnosis-06, Obstetrics and Gynaecology-20, Dermatology-06, Radiotherapy-06, General Surgery-36, Otorhinolaryngology-10, Ophthalmology-10 and Orthopaedics-10.
- There will not be any clinical or practical examination. Allocation of various disciplines of MD/MS courses will be done on the basis of personal counseling, strictly in order of merit in the respective merits lists of the theory examination.
- The number of candidates to be called for 1st counseling will be three times the total number of seats to be filled for each category of candidates, provided the candidates fulfill the cut-off points mentioned above.
- The selection will be finalized only after the counseling of the candidates. Any candidate who is absent at the time of counseling will not be considered for admission.