PGI Chandigarh Entrance Exam 2019 (January) Dates, Application
PGI Chandigarh Entrance Exam 2019 for Admission to MD MS courses for January 2019 session
PGI Chandigarh Entrance Exam 2019 for PG Courses (MD, MS) - Postgraduate Institute of Medical Education & Research (PGIMER), Chandigarh has invited applications for admission to Doctor of Medicine (MD) and Master of Surgery (MS) Courses for the academic session starting from January 2019 through PGI Chandigarh MD, MS Entrance Exam.
Post Graduate Institute of Medical Education & Research is conducting PGIMER Entrance Exam 2019 for January session admission
- PGIMER Chandigarh conducts PGIMER Entrance Exam for the purpose of admitting students to various Postgraduate Courses offered at the institute. The PGIMER Entrance Exam is held twice a year for admission to 20 Postgraduate Courses.
- For admissions to academic session 2019-20, the institute is conducting PGIMER 2019 in two sessions i.e. PGIMER January 2019 session and PGIMER July 2019 Session.
- Now PGIMER has announced PGIMER January 2019 Entrance Exam details which you can see here.
Also See: PGI Chandigarh Entrance Exam Dates 2018
PGI Chandigarh PG Entrance Exam 2019 Dates
- Commencement of Submission of Online Applications: 06th October 2018
- Last Date for Submission of Online Applications: 02nd November 2018
- Last Date for Application Fee Payment(Through Bank Pay-in-Slip): 06th November 2018
- Date of Examination: 25th November 2018
PGI Chandigarh PG Entrance Exam 2019 Application Procedure
- PGIMER has released the schedule for PGIMER January 2019 entrance exam on its official Website www.pgimer.edu.in or https://pgimeradmissions.net.in/; the dates of the theory examinations, declaration of result and counselling for PGIMER 2018 admission are available on the official website of PGIMER
- Admission also PGI Chandigarh has released the PGIMER July Admission Prospectus for its courses
- The admission prospectus for courses covered under PGIMER January 2019 session is at the official website www.pgimer.edu.in
Also See : Nursing Entrance Exams
Duration of Course
- The MD/MS Course has duration of three academic years
- At present, this translates to basic pay of Rs.56100/- in the pay matrix (Level-10) as per 7th CPC plus other allowances as applicable
- First Year Junior Resident (for MD/MS Courses) January 2019 - Anaesthesia; Biochemistry; Community Medicine; Dermatology; ENT; Forensic Medicine; Internal Medicine; Medical Microbiology; Nuclear Medicine; Obst.& Gynae; Ophthalmology; Ortho Surgery; Pathology; Paediatrics; Pharmacology; Psychiatry; Radiodiagnosis; Radiotherapy; General Surgery and Transfusion Medicine
Eligibility Criteria for PGI Chandigarh MD, MS Admission 2019
- Candidates must have passed MBBS, or its equivalent qualification, from a University/Institute recognized by the Medical Council of India (MCI)
- Candidates must have either completed, or due to complete, one-year rotatory internship training on or before 31st December/30th June for January and July session respectively (as per Annexure-1)
- Candidates must be registered with Central/State Medical Registration Council
PGI Chandigarh MD MS Admission 2019 Selection Procedure
- Candidates will considered for selection to MD/MS courses based on a theory paper consisting of 250 multiple-choice questions (MCQs) with five alternatives each and single/multiple correct responses Negative marks will be given for incorrect responses marked
- Duration of this competitive entrance exam, to the conducted at various centres at Chandigarh is three hours
- The approximate number of questions for each subject is as follows: Applied Anatomy-06, Applied Biochemistry-12, Immunogenetics and Molecular Biology-10, Applied Physiology-06, Pathology-15, Pharmacology-12, Microbiology-12, Forensic Medicine-06, Social and Preventive Medicine-07, Internal Medicine-36, Paediatrics-12, Dermatology-06, Psychiatry-06, Radiodiagnosis-06, Obstetrics and Gynaecology-20, Dermatology-06, Radiotherapy-06, General Surgery-36, Otorhinolaryngology-10, Ophthalmology-10 and Orthopaedics-10
- The questions paper has 250 questions, each with five response options. Hence there are a total 250 response options. One or more these five options can be correct for each question
- The admission to the above courses of the institute is made on merit on all India basis, by holding an entrance exam by the institute, after issuing a countrywide admission notice
- There will not be any clinical or practical examination. Allocation of various disciplines of MD/MS courses will be done on the basis of a personal counseling, strictly in order of merit in the respective merits lists of the theory examination.
- The number of candidates to be called for 1st counseling will be three times the total number of seats to be filled for each category of candidates, provided the candidates fulfill the cut-off points mentioned above.
- The selection will be finalized only after the counseling of the candidates. Any candidate who is absent at the time of counseling will not be considered for admission.
Fees & Dues
- The following dues are payable to the Institute, by the candidates admitted to the MD/MS courses:
- Registration Fee: Rs.500/-
- Tuition Fee: Rs.250/- per annum
- Laboratory Fee: Rs.900/- per annum
- Amalgamated Fund: Rs.720/- per annum
- Security: Rs.1000/- (refundable only after completion of course)
- Hostel Security: Rs.5000/- (refundable) to be deposited with the Administrative Officer (Hostel) if hostel accommodation is allotted
- SC/ST Candidates: Rs.800/-
- For all other Categories: Rs.1000/-
- PWD Candidates: Exempted for payment of Application/ Exam Fee
- All candidates are directed to deposit the above fees in any State Bank of India Branch by filling the challan form in the name of Director, PGIMER, Chandigarh (Exam) in the Power Jyoti Account No. 32211613319. Those candidates who have SBI account can also pay their fees through i-collect service No. 32222954695.
- Dates for submission of online applications and Generation of Challan forms/payment from i-collect is from 06th October 2018 to 02nd November 2018
- However, State Bank of India will accept the fees of those applicants whose challan form is generated on or before 02nd November 2018, upto 16.00 on 06th November 2018
Director, PGIMER Chandigarh
Email: email@example.com, Web www.pgimer.edu.in