PGIMER Chandigarh Entrance Exam 2020 for MD MS Admission, Dates, Application
PGI Chandigarh Entrance Exam 2020 for Admission to MD MS Courses for January 2020 Session
PGI Chandigarh Entrance Exam 2020 for PG Courses (MD, MS) - Postgraduate Institute of Medical Education & Research (PGIMER), Chandigarh has invited applications for admission to Doctor of Medicine (MD) and Master of Surgery (MS) Courses for the academic session starting from January 2020 through PGI Chandigarh MD, MS Entrance Examination.
Aspirants who wish to apply for MD/MS for January 2020 session can apply online at pgimer.edu.in
Post Graduate Institute of Medical Education & Research is conducting PGIMER Entrance Exam 2020 for January session admission.
Check here all the important information about PGI Chandigarh Entrance Exam 2020 for PG Courses (MD, MS) like Eligibility Criteria, Important Dates, Application Fee, Exam Pattern and Admit Card etc. read the notification below carefully.
- PGIMER Chandigarh conducts PGIMER Entrance Exam for the purpose of admitting students to various Postgraduate Courses offered at the institute. The PGIMER Entrance Exam is held twice a year for admission to 20 Postgraduate Courses.
- For admissions to academic session 2020-20, the institute is conducting PGIMER 2020 in two sessions i.e. PGIMER January 2020 session and PGIMER July 2020 Session.
PGI Chandigarh Entrance Exam 2020 Important Dates
- Start of PGIMER MD/MS (January 2020) Online Application: 26th October 2020
- PGIMER MD/MS (January 2020) Application Form Closes: 14th November 2019
- Date of Entrance Examination for MD/MS Courses: 30th November 2019 (Saturday)
- Expected Date of Declaration of Result: 06th December 2019
- Date of 1st Counselling for MD/MS Courses: 20th December 201911.00 AM
- Date of 2nd Counselling for MD/MS Courses: 10th January 2020 11.00 AM
- Date of 3rd Counselling for MD/MS Courses: 18th January 2020 11.00 AM
- Spot Admission through Open counselling at PGIMER Chandigarh 30th January 2020 at 11.00 AM
Duration of Course
- The MD/MS Course has a duration of three academic years
- At present, this translates to basic pay of Rs.56100/- in the pay matrix (Level-10) as per 7th CPC plus other allowances as applicable.
PGI Chandigarh Courses Offered
- First Year Junior Resident (for MD/MS Courses) January 2020 - Anaesthesia; Biochemistry; Community Medicine; Dermatology; ENT; Forensic Medicine; Internal Medicine; Medical Microbiology; Nuclear Medicine; Obst. & Gynae; Ophthalmology; Ortho Surgery; Pathology; Paediatrics; Pharmacology; Psychiatry; Radiodiagnosis; Radiotherapy; General Surgery and Transfusion Medicine.
No. of Seats
- Number of seats for MD/MS course will be displayed separately
Eligibility Criteria for PGI Chandigarh Entrance Exam 2020
- Candidates must have passed MBBS, or its equivalent qualification from a University/Institute recognized by the Medical Council of India (MCI).
- Candidates must have either completed, or due to complete, one-year rotatory internship training on or before 31st December/30th June & January session respectively (as per Annexure-1).
- Candidates must be registered with Central/State Medical Registration Council.
- Candidates will be considered for selection to MD/MS courses based on a theory paper consisting of 250 multiple-choice questions (MCQs) with five alternatives each and single/multiple correct responses Negative marks will be given for incorrect responses marked.
- Duration of this competitive entrance exam, to conducted at various centres at Chandigarh is three hours.
- The approximate number of questions for each subject is as follows: Applied Anatomy-06, Applied Biochemistry-12, Immunogenetics and Molecular Biology-10, Applied Physiology-06, Pathology-15, Pharmacology-12, Microbiology-12, Forensic Medicine-06, Social and Preventive Medicine-07, Internal Medicine-36, Paediatrics-12, Dermatology-06, Psychiatry-06, Radiodiagnosis-06, Obstetrics and Gynaecology-20, Dermatology-06, Radiotherapy-06, General Surgery-36, Otorhinolaryngology-10, Ophthalmology-10 and Orthopaedics-10.
- The questions paper has 250 questions, each with five response options. Hence there are a total of 250 response options. One or more of these five options can be correct for each question.
- The admission to the above courses of the institute is made on merit on all India basis by holding an entrance exam by the institute, after issuing a countrywide admission notice.
- There will not be any clinical or practical examination. Allocation of various disciplines of MD/MS courses will be done on the basis of a personal counselling, strictly in order of merit in the respective merits lists of the theory examination.
- The number of candidates to be called for 1st counseling will be three times the total number of seats to be filled for each category of candidates, provided the candidates fulfill the cut-off points mentioned above.
- The selection will be finalized only after the counseling of the candidates. Any candidate who is absent at the time of counseling will not be considered for admission.
Fees & Dues
- The following dues are payable to the Institute, by the candidates admitted to the MD/MS courses:
- Registration Fee: Rs.500/-
- Tuition Fee: Rs.250/- per annum
- Laboratory Fee: Rs.900/- per annum
- Amalgamated Fund: Rs.720/- per annum
- Security: Rs.1000/- (refundable only after completion of course)
- Hostel Security: Rs.5000/- (refundable) to be deposited with the Administrative Officer (Hostel) if hostel accommodation is allotted
- SC/ST Candidates: Rs.1200/-
- For all other Categories: Rs.1500/-
- PWD Candidates: Exempted for payment of Application/ Exam Fee
- All candidates are directed to deposit the above fees in any State Bank of India Branch by filling the challan form in the name of Director, PGIMER, Chandigarh (Exam) in the Power Jyoti Account No. 32211613319. Those candidates who have SBI account can also pay their fees through i-collect service No. 32222954695.
- Dates for submission of online applications and Generation of Challan forms/payment from i-collect is from 26th October 2019 to 14th November 2019
Mode of Payment
- Through Debit / Credit Card / Net Banking
- All applicants are advised to read the Prospectus and Instructions carefully before starting online registration and ensure that no column is left blank. In the event of rejection of the application form, no correspondence/request for reconsideration will be entertained. Applicants are also advised to download and take a print of the Application form. They should retain a copy of Application form till the completion of Admission Process.
- Please visit www.pgimer.edu.in regularly for latest notification/ announcement as well as any Addendum/Corrigendum/Latest updates etc. regarding the Entrance Test
PGI Chandigarh Entrance Exam 2020 Application Process
- PGIMER has released the schedule for PGIMER January 2020 entrance exam on its official Website www.pgimer.edu.in or https://pgimeradmissions.net.in/; the dates of the theory examinations, declaration of result and counselling for PGIMER 2020 admission are available on the official website of PGIMER
- Admission also PGI Chandigarh has released the PGIMER January Admission Prospectus for its courses
- The admission prospectus for courses covered under PGIMER January 2020 session is at the official website www.pgimer.edu.in
Also See: Physiotherapy Entrance Exams
Get Free Entrance Exam Alerts and College Admission Guidance >> Click here