TMC Mumbai Junior Research Fellowship (JRF) for PhD 2019- Applications are invited, in the prescribed format, for online examinations and the award of Junior Research Fellowships [JRF 2019] for Ph.D. in Life Sciences at the Tata Memorial Centre.
Also See : Scholarships 2018
TATA Memorial Hospital Mumbai (TMC)
The Tata Memorial Centre (TMC) is an autonomous Grant-in-aid Institution of the Department of Atomic Energy. The TMC is comprised of the Advanced Centre for Treatment, Research and Education in Cancer (ACTREC) and the Tata Memorial Hospital (TMH). The TATA Memorial Hospital Mumbai, TMC conducts PhD Program in Life Sciences and is affiliated to the Homi Bhabha National Institute (Deemed University) .
On-going research at TMC includes basic and translational research in Cancer Biology. Specific research topics include study of cell proliferation, differentiation, apoptosis, metastasis, tumor immunology, molecular imaging, carcinogenesis, stem cell biology, biophysics, structural biology, bioinformatics, proteomics, genomics, genetics, epigenetics and pharmacology
TATA Memorial Hospital Mumbai, Eligibility Criteria
M.Sc.(Applied-Biology/Biochemistry/Bioinformatics/Biophysics/Biotechnology/Botany/Life Sciences/Microbiology/Molecular Biology/Zoology or related Biological Sciences)/M. Tech. (Bioinformatics/ Biotechnology); M.V.Sc.; M.Pharm. from a recognized University, with 50% aggregate marks
Those awaiting results may also apply. As per HBNI guidelines, candidates with < 50% aggregate marks cannot be considered for an interview or admitted to the program. Candidates who have done post-graduation course of only one-year duration are not eligible
Stipend offered by TATA Memorial Hospital (TMC) for TATA Memorial Hospital Fellowship Courses
Rs.25000/- + 30% HRA (if hostel facility is not allotted) per month as applicable. Limited hostel facility is available on the ACTREC campus on first come, first served basis
Eligibility for Direct Interview (Online application for ACTREC JRF 2019 is mandatory). Candidates holding valid Junior Research Fellowships awarded after qualifying in a national level written entrance test conducted by CSIR/ UGC/ ICMR/ DBT or other recognized agencies
Candidates who receive external fellowship intimation by 30th April 2019 must send proof of the award by email [firstname.lastname@example.org] to seek direct interview dates. Candidates who feature in ACTREC’s short list of the Joint Graduate Entrance Examination for Biology and Interdisciplinary Life Sciences (JGEEBILS) which will be displayed on the ACTREC website.
The list of candidates found eligible for direct interview will be displayed on the ACTREC website in May 2019.
TATA Memorial Hospital Fellowship Courses Dates for Interview
- Interviews of candidates who have cleared the ACTREC entrance test as well as Direct Interviews will be conducted at ACTREC in June 2019 – the dates will be displayed on the ACTREC website in May 2019
Research Projects offered at TATA Memorial Hospital Mumbai (TMC)
- The list of JRF projects being offered to PhD students at TMC will be displayed on the ACTREC website in May 2019
- Candidates are encouraged to interact with and seek information from the Principal Investigators whose names and e-mail IDs will be mentioned against their respective projects
Declaration of the Results
- The list of successful candidates will be displayed on the ACTREC website
- Rs.25000/- + 30% HRA (if hostel facility is not allotted) per month as applicable. Limited hostel facility is available on the ACTREC campus on first come, first served basis
TATA Memorial Hospital Fellowship Courses Application Procedure
- Candidates are advised to carefully read the instructions before filling the online application [www.actrec.gov.in]
- Incomplete forms and those without fees and requisite attachments will be rejected. Application fees of Rs. 500/- must be paid by online transfer. In case of difficulty, fees may be paid by demand draft (DD) drawn in favour of TMC-ACTREC payable in Navi Mumbai (candidate’s name and application number must be written behind the DD) and sent to ACTREC-TMC by courier or speed post at the address provided
- Female candidates and SC/ ST/ physically handicapped candidates with minimum 40% disability (disability proof must be attached) are exempted from paying fees
- Students have to give three choices of Exam Centre in their application. Final admission into the PhD Program is subject to the candidate satisfying HBNI eligibility criteria as mentioned above. TMC reserves the right to increase the minimum eligibility criteria in case of receipt of large number of applications
TATA Memorial Hospital Fellowship Courses Exam Pattern
- A list of candidates found eligible for the Online ‘Objective’ Written Exam will be displayed on 07th January 2019 on the ACTREC website
- The Online Exam will be conducted on 25th January 2019 at 9.00 a.m. at six Exam Centres located in Mumbai, Pune, Kolkata, Delhi NCR, Indore and Chennai (details will be uploaded on the ACTREC website in January 2019)
- In case the number of students opting for a centre is below 100, the students opting for that centre will be accommodated at either their second or third choice of centre
- The list of candidates qualifying for interview based on the online exam results will be displayed on the ACTREC website in February 2019
TATA Memorial Hospital Fellowship Courses – Important Dates
- The deadline for application is 24th December 2018
- The dates will be displayed on the ACTREC website in May 2019
- Written Entrance Exam will be displayed on the ACTREC Website: 07th June 2019
- The Online Exam will be conducted on 25th January 2019 at 9.00 a.m.
- Date for Interviews to be held at ACTREC: 29th, 30th, 31st May & 1st June 2018
- Interviews will be conducted at ACTREC in June 2019
TMC Mumbai TATA Memorial Hospital Fellowship
(Tata Memorial Centre), Advanced Centre for Treatment, Research and Education in Cancer (ACTREC), Kharghar, Navi Mumbai-410210 & Tata Memorial Hospital (TMH), Parel, Mumbai-400012, Website www.actrec.gov.in