TATA Memorial Centre Mumbai (ACTREC) announces award of JRF 2023 for PhD Admission in Life Sciences
TATA Memorial Centre Mumbai JRF (PhD) Admission 2023 – Applications are invited in the prescribed format, for online examinations and the award of Junior Research Fellowships [JRF 2023] for Ph.D. in Life Sciences at Advanced Centre for Treatment, Research and Education in Cancer (ACTREC).
- The online application deadline is November 30, 2022
- Online Exam will be conducted on January 08, 2023 from 9 AM – 12 noon
- Qualifications: M.Sc./ M. Tech (Applied Biology / Biochemistry / Bioinformatics / Biophysics / Biotechnology / Botany / Life Sciences / Microbiology/ Molecular Biology / Zoology or related Biological Sciences); M.V.Sc. and M.Pharm from a recognized University, with 55% aggregate marks. Those awaiting results may also apply. As per HBNI guidelines, candidates with 55% aggregate marks cannot be considered for an interview or admission to the program. Candidates who have done post-graduation course of only 1 year duration are not eligible. Final admission into the Ph.D. program is subject to the candidate satisfying HBNI eligibility criteria as mentioned above. TMC reserves the right to increase the minimum eligibility criteria in case of receipt of large number of applications.
- Eligibility for Direct Interview (Online application for ACTREC JRF2023 is mandatory)
- Candidates holding valid Junior Research Fellowships awarded after qualifying in a national level written entrance test conducted by CSIR/ UGC/ ICMR/ DBT or other recognized agencies.
- Candidates who receive external fellowship intimation by May 15, 2023 must send their proof of the award by e-mail [email@example.com] to seek direct interview dates.
- Qualified Joint Graduate Entrance Examination for Biology and Interdisciplinary Life Sciences (JGEEBILS) candidates who are eligible for ACTREC PhD program will be shortlisted and displayed on the ACTREC website in due course of time.
- Junior Research Fellowship (JRF) of Rs. 31000/+ 27% HRA per month (HRA is applicable only in case if hostel facility is not opted), which get converted into SRF based on fellow’s performance in the 3rd year. Limited hostel facility is available on a first come, first served basis for the new entrants for a period of one year. Ph.D. scholars are also entitled to avail the In-house medical facility, local transport services.
- Candidates are advised to carefully read the instructions before filling the online application [https://actrec.gov.in].
- Forms submitted with incomplete information or without application fees (where payable) or required document upload not done will be rejected.
- Application fees should be paid online, and the fees for male candidates is Rs 750/- and for female candidates is Rs 500/-, while SC/ ST/ OBC (caste proof should be attached) and physically handicapped candidates with minimum 40% disability (disability proof must be attached) are fully exempted from paying fees. Application fees paid online are non-refundable.
- The online application deadline is November 30, 2022.
- A list of eligible candidates for the Online Objective Entrance Exam will be displayed in last week of December ‘22 on the ACTREC website.
- The Online Exam will be conducted on January 08, 2023 from 9 AM – 12 noon in 10 Examination Centers located in Bangalore, Chennai, Delhi NCR, Guwahati, Hyderabad, Indore, Kolkata, Mumbai, Pune, and Varanasi (center allotment details will be uploaded on the ACTREC website ahead of the exam date).
- Students have to give 3 choices of Exam Centre in their application. In case the number of students opting for a center is below 75, the students opting for that center will be accommodated at either their second or third choice of center.
JRF Interview Dates:
- The list of candidates qualifying for interview based on the ACTREC online exam results or eligible for direct interview will be displayed on our website in February, 2023. Interviews of candidates who have cleared the ACTREC entrance test as well as those eligible for direct Interview will be conducted at ACTREC in June 2023 – the exact dates will be displayed on the ACTREC website in May, 2023.
- The list of JRF projects being offered to Ph.D. students at ACTREC will be displayed on the ACTREC website in June 2023.
Declaration of the Results:
- The list of successful candidates will be displayed on the ACTREC website.
For more details and to apply online, please visit the official website