PGIMER Chandigarh M.Sc (MLT) Admission 2020, Dates, Application
PGIMER Chandigarh announces Entrance Exam for M.Sc. (Medical Laboratory Technology) Courses Admission for January 2020 session
PGIMER Chandigarh M.Sc (MLT) Admission 2020 - Postgraduate Institute of Medical Education & Research (PGIMER) Chandigarh has invited applications for admission to MSc. Medical Laboratory Technology Courses for the academic session starting from January 2020 Session.
About the M.Sc. (MLT) Course
- Admission to M.Sc. Medical Technology courses conducted at the Institute is made twice a year. The sessions commence from 1st January and 1st July each year.
- The admission to the courses imparted at the Institute is made on merit on all India basis by holding an entrance examination by the Institute, after issuing a countrywide admission notice
M.Sc MLT Courses Offered & Seats
(For Sponsored/Deputed Candidates Only)
- M.Sc. Medical Laboratory Technology Cytopathology [Spon-01]
- M.Sc. Medical Laboratory Technology Immunopathology [Spon-02]
- M.Sc. Medical Laboratory Technology Biochemistry [NIL]
- M.Sc. Medical Laboratory Technology Bacteriology & Mycology [Spon-02]
- M.Sc. Medical Laboratory Technology Virology [Spon-02]
- M.Sc. Medical Laboratory Technology Biotechnology [Spon-05]
- M.Sc. Medical Laboratory Technology Histopathology [Spon-01]
- M.Sc. Medical Laboratory Technology Haematology [Spon-01]
- M.Sc. Medical Laboratory Technology Parasitology [Spon-02]
- M.Sc. Medical Laboratory Technology Pharmacology [Spon-01]
- M.Sc. Medical Technology Radiotherapy [Spon-01]
- M.Sc. Medical Technology Radiodiagnosis [Spon-01]
- The duration of the courses is Two Academic Years
PGIMER Chandigarh M.Sc (MLT) Admission 2020 Important Dates
- Start of M.Sc/M.Sc MLT online registration on Website: 06th November 2019
- Application form closes: 24th November 2019
- Computer Based Entrance Test: 10th December 2019 at 09.00 AM
- Expected date of declaration of result: 16th December 2019 at 03.00 PM
- Counselling: 23th December 2019 at 11.00 AM
See: MSc Admission
Eligibility Criteria for PGIMER Chandigarh M.Sc (MLT) Admission 2020
M.Sc. Medical Technology (Radiodiagnosis)
- B.Sc. with diploma in Radiography from a University/Institute recognized by this Institute and having cleared with at least 55% marks each exam with not more than one attempt and three years experience as a technician in the concerned subject Or
- B.Sc. Medical Technology degree (X-ray/Radiology/Radiodiagnosis & Imaging) from a University/Institute recognized by this Institute with at least 55% marks and three years experience as a technician in the subject concerned.
M.Sc. Medical Technology (Radiotherapy)
- B.Sc. Medical Technology (Radiotherapy) from a University/Institute recognized by this Institute and having cleared with at least 55% marks and three years experience as a technician in the subject in which admission is sought from a teaching research Institute/Hospital after obtaining qualification of B.Sc. or B.Sc. Medical Technology.
For remaining M.Sc. Medical Technology Courses
- B.Sc. or B.Sc. Medical Technology degree from a University/Institute recognized by this Institute with at least 55% marks and three years experience as a technician in the subject in which admission is sought from a teaching research Institute/Hospital after obtaining qualification of B.Sc. or B.Sc. Medical Technology.
- Relaxation of 5% marks in the b.sc. Medical Technology Degree to the candidates from SC/ST Category having 15 years of regular service, who wish to pursue m.sc. Medical Technology Course of the Institute, as an in-service candidate for the purpose of eligibility for admission to Medical Technology course of the Institute.
Other Eligibility Conditions & Requirements
Sponsored / Deputed Candidates
- A candidate applying for admission is required to furnish the following certificates from his/her employer for admission to the course:-
- That the candidate concerned is a permanent or regular employee of the deputing/sponsoring authority for at least three years.
- That after getting the training at PGI, Chandigarh the candidate will be suitably employed by the deputing/sponsoring authority to work in the subject in which the training is received by the candidate at PGI, Chandigarh.
- That no financial implications, in the form of emoluments/stipend etc. will devolve upon PGI, Chandigarh during the entire period of his/her Course. Such payment shall be the responsibility of the sponsoring authority.
- The Entrance Examination shall be conducted through a Computer Based Test (CBT).The Entrance Test shall be held on Sunday, the 10th December, 2019. The Online (CBT) Entrance Test will be conducted in one shift: Timing – 09.00 AM to 10.00/10.30 AM. The examination centres will be at Chandigarh only.
- All candidates who fulfill the required qualifications mentioned above shall appear in a Theory paper containing 50 multiple choice objective questions carrying 100 marks.
- The candidates who secure at least 50% marks in the theory exam will only qualify for admission; candidates will be called for interview strictly in the order of merit based on their marks in the theory exam
- The number of candidates to be called for the interview will be three times of the total number of seats to be filled provided the candidate qualify the exam with the above mentioned procedure; the interview with the selection committee is mandatory and will not carry any mark.
- There will be Negative marking to the tune of 0.25 marks for each wrong answer in the theory paper.
Details of Fees and Other Dues
- Registration Fee: Rs. 500/-
- Tuition Fee: Rs. 350/- per annum
- Laboratory Fee: Rs. 900/- per annum
- Amalgamated Fund: Rs. 720/- per annum
- Security: Rs. 1000/- (refundable only after completion of course)
PGIMER Chandigarh M.Sc (MLT) Admission 2020 Application Process
- A candidate seeking admission to the Entrance Examination is required to submit his/her application in the prescribed format available online with the Prospectus on www.pgimer.edu.in.
- After selecting the online registration, fill the mandatory details asked for and deposit the prescribed fee through debit/credit card/Net Banking.
- After submitting fees filled required information step by step. Follow the Instructions carefully.
- It will be the responsibility of the candidate to ensure that correct details are filled in the Registration Slip. The Institute will not be responsible for any incorrect information/cancellation of candidature/loss or lack of communication etc. due to wrong filled online Application form.
- No candidate should register more than one application.
- All applicants are required to ensure that Photo/Signature is uploaded according to the instructions provided in the Prospectus. Failure to do so may result in rejection of applications.
Application and Examination Fee
- SC/ST Category: Rs. 1200/- + Transaction Charges as applicable
- General /OBC/Sponsored Category: Rs. 1500/- + Transaction Charges as applicable.
- Persons with Bench-mark Disabilities (PwBD) Candidates are exempted from payment of fee.
- All candidates are directed to deposit the above fees through online payment gateway
- Mode of Payment: Through Debit / Credit Card / Net Banking
Postgraduate Institute of Medical Education & Research Chandigarh (PGIMER), Chandigarh, Sector-12, Chandigarh, Pin-160012, Phone: 0091-172-2747585, Helpline No - 022-61306243, Email: firstname.lastname@example.org, Website www.pgimer.edu.in
Get Free Entrance Exam Alerts and College Admission Guidance >> Click here