Innovation in Science Pursuit for Inspired Research announces Scholarship for Higher Education (INSPIRE-SHE) 2023, Apply now
INSPIRE Scholarship 2023 – Applications are invited for the year 2023, from eligible candidates within the age group (17-22) years for INSPIRE Scholarship under Scholarship for Higher Education (SHE) component of INSPIRE scheme of DST. INSPIRE is an innovative programme sponsored and managed by the Department of Science & Technology for attraction of talent to Science. The basic objective of INSPIRE is to communicate to the youth of the country the excitement of creative pursuit of science, attract talent to the study of science at an early age and thus build the required critical human resource pool for strengthening and expanding the Science & Technology system. Check out the post below for more details on INSPIRE Scholarship 2023.
About the Program
- Department of Science & Technology (DST) has taken several pioneering initiatives for attracting meritorious students to study basic and natural sciences at the college and university level and to pursue research careers in both basic and applied science areas including engineering, medicine, agriculture and veterinary sciences through various components under INSPIRE.
- Under INSPIRE-Scholarship for Higher Education (INSPIRE-SHE) component, scholarships are offered to pursue undergraduate (UG) studies and continue up to postgraduate(PG) studies, based on Class 12th standard examination results (top 1%) of respective Boards or within eligible rank in chosen few competitive examinations such as JEE (Main)/ JEE (Advanced) (within top 10,000 rank), NEET (AIPMT), NTSE, JBNSTS, International Olympiad medalists and securing admission in science stream (in any of science courses or their combination out of the 18 identified subjects:
Subjects List under Scope of INSPIRE Scholarship
- The following subjects under Basic and Natural Sciences are within the scope of INSPIRE Scholarship for pursuing B.Sc./B.S./Int. M.Sc./Int. M.S. course:
- (1) Physics, (2) Chemistry, (3) Mathematics, (4) Biology, (5) Statistics, (6) Geology, (7) Astrophysics, (8) Astronomy, (9) Electronics, (10) Botany, (11) Zoology, (12) Biochemistry, (13) Anthropology, (14) Microbiology, (15) Geophysics, (16) Geochemistry, (17) Atmospheric Sciences & (18) Oceanic Sciences
- Online application submission process shall start on: 10th September 2023
- Last date of application submission : 09th November 2023 (till 23:59 hrs. IST)
- The scholarship amount under the SHE component is Rs. 5,000/- p.m. (60,000/- per annum) + Mentorship grant 20,000/- per annum.
- Meritorious Students with aggregate marks within top 1% of their Class XII examination of any State/ Central Board (same year i.e. 2023) in India are eligible to apply (Refer Annexure 2 for better understanding and reference purpose only). In addition, the student must be pursuing courses in Natural and Basic Sciences at the B.Sc., B.S., and Int. M.Sc./M.S. level.
- Those students who have secured ranks in the JEE of IIT, AIPMT, NEET (within top 10,000 ranks), and are presently pursuing Natural and Basic Science courses in India at the B.Sc., B.S., Int. M.Sc./M.S. level. (or)
- National Talent Search Examination (NTSE) scholars, Jagadish Bose National Science Talent Search (JBNSTS) scholars and International Olympiad medalists pursuing Bachelor/ Master level courses in Natural and Basic Science courses are also eligible.
- Interested and eligible students must apply and submit their application with all essential documents through ONLINE mode only.
- Applications are to be submitted online on INSPIRE web-portal https://www.online-inspire.gov.in
- Those interested in submitting applications have to register at this portal and submit the application online. Please read guidelines available on the portal carefully before submitting the application.
- This web- portal will be open from 10th September 2023 to 09th November 2023 (till 23:59 hrs. IST)
- For further enquiries regarding INSPIRE-SHE component, please send email to: [email protected] For queries, please call us on 0124-6690020, 0124-6690021.
- Selection will be done on the basis of cut off marks released by the authority.
- Provisional offer letters should be downloaded by the students before the due date.
- Shortlisted candidates will have to upload all the necessary documents before the specified timeline.
- Selected candidates will get scholarship awards to SBI bank account via Direct Bank Transfer (DBT)
- Note: 1. Cut-off for the Year 2023 for respective Boards shall be finalized by DST Based on Board Inclusive Model.
- Data given in above table is for indicative purposes only.
For more details and to apply online, please visit the official website