Government of West Bengal announces Admission to MBBS and BDS Program through NEET UG 2019
West Bengal MBBS and BDS Admission 2019 – The Government of West Bengal invites application from the interested candidates for admission to MBBS BDS on the basis of NEET UG for the year 2019.
West Bengal MBBS and BDS Admission 2019 Important Dates
- Online enrolment and fee payment for pre counseling and counseling for hose NEET qualified candidates: 25th June to 28th June 2019
- Pre counseling documents verification at 6 centres: 27th June -29th June 2019
- Publication of List of eligible candidates for Round1: 03rd July 2019
- Publication of seat matrix for Round1: 03rd July 2019
- Round 1 online registration and User ID and password generation by the successfully verified candidates: 04th July to 07th July 2019 midnight
- Round 1 choice filling and choice locking for registered candidates: 04th July to 07th July 2019
- Publication of result of Round 1 after processing by the system: 09th July 2019
- Reporting of the allotted candidates at the allotted candidates at the allotted institutes: 10th to 12th July 2019
Eligibility Criteria for West Bengal MBBS and BDS Admission 2019
- The candidates who have qualified through NEET UG 2019 conducted by National Testing Agency (NTA)
- Physics, Chemistry, and Biology taken together in 10+2 Examination, UR candidates, PWD category amongst UR candidates, and SC/ST/OBC-A/OBC-B candidates must obtain 50%, 45%, and 40% marks respectively in order to be eligible for taking part in counseling
- They must also pass Physics, Chemistry, Biology & English individually in 10+2 Examination
- Age should be at least 17 years by December 31, 2019
See: Dental College Entrance Exams
- The candidates who have qualified the NEET (UG) 2019 Entrance Exam and are domicile of State of West Bengal will be eligible for the Pre-Counselling and Counselling in West Bengal for MBBS/BDS 2019 admissions under the state quota and private management quota.
- The candidates will have to follow a procedure to participate in the pre-counseling and counseling process and it will be as follows:
- Proforma a1 – Residential/Domicile Certificate for candidates residing in the State of West Bengal continuously for at least 10 years as on December 31, 2018.
- Proforma a2 – Residential/Domicile Certificate for candidates residing in the State of West Bengal continuously for at least 10 years as on December 31, 2018, and there the candidates have passed the 10+2 examination in the year 2019 or before/will appear for the examination in the year 2019.
- Proforma b – Residential/Domicile Certificate for candidates not residing in the State of West Bengal but their parent/s a permanent resident/s of West Bengal and having a permanent address in the State of West Bengal on December 31, 2018
- The Government of West Bengal will release Seat Allotment list for admission of MBBS/BDS 2019 through NEET (UG). Candidates can check it through the official website OR through the direct link provided here when officially announced.
- The list of Participating Institutions in UG Medical/Dental Counseling 2019 is mentioned below, candidates can check official website www.wbmcc.nic.in
How to Apply?
- The application form for counseling has been released online. In the application form, the candidates will be required to submit the following details:
- Personal Details
- Education Qualification details
- Communication Details
- NEET Details
- The candidates should also note that the details submitted should be the same as that submitted in the application form of NEET 2019. If the details will not match, the candidature will be harmed.
- The online application for pre-counseling and counseling of WB MBBS/BDS Admission 2019 under State Quota and Private Management Quota will be filled in a procedure which is as follows:
- Step 1 –Qualified candidates of NEET (UG) will have to register themselves on the website www.wbmcc.nic.in
- Step 2 – Candidates will have login by entering the Information related to domicile, caste status and PWD status (as applicable).
- Step 3 – After the completion of information, the candidates will have to pay the counselling fee online which is as follows:
- 2000/- Plus Bank Charges for UG candidates
- 1500/- Plus Bank Charges for SC/ST/OBC A/OBC B/PH candidates
- Step 4 – After the successful payment, candidates will receive the transaction ID and can take a print out of the form.
- Step 5 – Next, the candidates will have to go through the one-time physical verification of documents at RG Kar Medical College Kolkata and will have to bring originals and self-attested copies of the following documents:
- Domicile Certificate (a1, a2 or b)
- Voter ID Card/Aadhar Card/Passport of Parent/s in case of domicile of parent will be given.
- Caste Certificate as applicable
- PhD Certificate issued by PGIMER Kolkata
- Payment of Counselling Fee Proof
- Age Proof (age should be 17 years by December 31, 2019)
- Class 10+2 Mark Sheet
- Medical Certificate (from a registered Medical Practitioner)
- Step 6 – After the proper verification, the candidates will be provided with the online approval and a print copy of verified and approved slip for future reference.
- Step 7 – Next, will be the publication merit list for round 1 and the candidate will have to fill the choice for merit list round 1 counseling through online registration.
- Step 8 – Now, the candidates will have to lock the choice filled in the above step.
- Step 9 – After the result publication for round 1, the candidates will have to report at the allotted centres for online admission and other formalities with all the above-mentioned documents
- After the end of the Round 1, the procedure for Merit List Round 2 will be same as the above procedure for Round 1. Candidates will have to follow the same steps for Round 2 also.
For more details please visit the official website