NIMS Hyderabad announces Admission into Postgraduate Medical Specialty Courses of MD/MS/Diploma for the year 2019-20
NIMS PG Medical Admission 2019 – Applications are invited from the interested candidates for admission into MD/ MS courses for the year 2019.
- Nizam’s Institute of Medical Sciences is a Autonomous institution with University status. The admissions to the courses shall be regulated as per Telangana Educational Institutions (Regulation of Admission) Order, 1974 and as amended from time to time.
NIMS PG Medical Admission 2019 Important Dates
- Start date of online application: 28th March 2019
- End date of online application: 31st May 2019
No. of Seats
Total No. of seats
MD General Medicine
MD Hospital Administration
MD Radiation Oncology
MD Radio diagnosis
MD Emergency Medicine
- 50% of seats in PG Courses have been allotted to All India Quota for which counseling will be done by DGHS, Government of India based on NEET PG – 2019 Merit. The remaining 50% of the seats will be treated as Local area seats and reserved in favor of local candidates in relation to local area as provided in Telangana Educational Institutions (Regulation of admission) order 1974 as amended from time to time.
- In the event of the Medical Council of India / Central Government permitting an increase in the existing courses or any new courses sanctioned in the PG medical seats during the course of admissions for the year 2019, those seats will also be filled up from the merit list of NEET-PG-2019 without issuing any further notification.
- Seat Matrix for selections will be displayed on KNRUHS website before exercising web options.
Eligibility Criteria for NIMS PG Medical Admission 2019
- Candidates who have passed MBBS examination from Medical Colleges recognized by MCI from the state of Telangana and fulfill eligibility criteria as per KNRUHS notification for common admission process and counseling and completed Internship at the time of their applying are eligible. Candidates who will be completing Internship on or before 31- 03-2019 are also eligible to apply.
- The candidate should be qualified in National Eligibility Cum Entrance Test – 2019 (NEET-PG) conducted by National Board of Examinations (NBE).
- The cut off score of various categories as prescribed by NBE is as follows:
Cut off Score (out of 1200)
- The candidates who have already registered for any regular or part time course at NIMS and would like to apply for admission to another course at NIMS, shall resign from such Training /course in the Institute duly fulfilling the conditions of the bond before counseling. Failure to do so will render their applications for admission liable to be rejected.
- Rule of Reservation for Scheduled Castes 15% , Scheduled Tribes 6% and Backward Classes 29% (BC-A 7%, BC-B 10%, BC-C 1%, BC-D 7%, BC-E 4%) will be followed.
- Selection committee will be constituted for admissions and the decision of selection committee is final.
- Selection will be made based on the rank obtained by the candidates at the National Eligibility Cum Entrance Test 2019 i.e. NEET PG 2019. (As per Clause III (b) under the heading of “ELIGIBILITY”).
- The counseling shall be conducted by Kaloji Narayana Rao University of Health Sciences, Warangal as per G.O. Ms. No. 27 dated 10.04.2017 and subsequent amendments issued by Health, Medical & Family Welfare Dept., Government of Telangana on the notified date. The rules and regulations issued by KNRUHS shall be followed from time to time. Regulations issued by KNRUHS shall be followed from time to time.
NIMS PG Medical Admission 2019 Application Process
- All those candidates who have been allotted the seat have to pay the fee and submit the original certificates on the date of admission.
- The bond should be on non judicial stamped paper of Rs. 100/- value along with the two sureties at the time of admission as per the format enclosed to the prospectus at Annexure-II & Annexure III that they shall complete the post graduate medical course and one year compulsory service after successful completion of the PG course failing which the conditions of the bond shall be invoked. The sureties on the bond should be of parents/Guardians.
- After the certificates are scrutinized and found to be in order, the candidate shall sign an agreement and he/she is given the admission letter. This is treated as completion of the admission process.
Nizam’s Institute of Medical Sciences (NIMS), Hyderabad (A University estd under the State Act) Punjagutta, Hyderabad- 500082, Andhra Pradesh, Website www.nims.edu.in