Different Courses in Medical field other than MBBS (after Class 12)
For a medical Student, MBBS and BDS are not the only options, it comprises of many alternative courses for medical students. This article focuses on listing the alternative courses for medical students except MBBS and BDS. So that they don’t have to compromise with their area of interest and have a better idea of various job opportunities they can avail.Here are a few options for medical students other than MBBS
- B.Pharm (Bachelor of Pharmacy): Another Course popular among medical students other than mbbs is B.Pharma. A Bachelor of Pharmacy is an undergraduate academic degree in the field of pharmacy. In this course the students study about the drugs and medicines, Pharmaceutical Engineering, Medicinal Chemistry etc. See BPharma Admissions
- Physiotherapist: Physiotherapists help patients with physical difficulties resulting from illness, injury, disability or ageing. Patients can include children, the elderly, stroke patients and people with sports injuries. Physiotherapists can work in a wide range of community and hospital settings. Check out Physiotherapy Admissions
- B.Sc Nursing: The bachelor’s degree of nursing prepares nurses for a wide variety of professional roles and graduate study. Its course work includes nursing science, research, leadership, and related sciences that inform the practice of nursing. See Nursing Entrance Exams
- B. Sc Biotech: Biotechnology is the amalgamation of Biology & Technology is a 3 years full time course divided in 6 semesters having Direct Admission basis on Merit List. Biotechnology is a rapidly developing branch of biology it involves the exploitation of biological processes at molecular, cellular and organism level.
- B.Sc Operation Theatres: Bachelor of Science (B.Sc.) Degree in (Operation Theatre Technology) is a three year program has been designed for meeting the demand of the growing needs of experts in the fields of operation theatre management, medical ethics, anesthesia technology, post operation care.
- BE in Environmental Engineering: Environmental engineering is the branch of science form by integration of sciences and engineering principles which deals with improving the natural environment, to provide healthy water, air, and land for human habitation and for other organisms, and to clean up pollution sites.
Medical courses without MBBS/BDS – See Video
- B.Sc. Radiography: Radiography is a paramedical professional course, offered to individuals who will one day perform diagnostic tests with the use of radiation. It includes the use of ultrasound, X-ray, CT scan, MRI, etc. Radiographers work as a part of the healthcare team in the Diagnostic Imaging Department, Accident & Emergency, Intensive Care Unit and Operating Theatre.
- Optometrists: Optometry is a healthcare profession concerned with the eyes and related structures, as well as vision, visual systems, and vision information processing in humans. Optometrists are trained to prescribe and fit lenses to improve vision, and in some countries are trained to diagnose and treat various eye diseases.
- Sanitary inspector : This course impart technical training supplemented by practical training programme to candidates aspiring to join Health and Sanitation departments of Municipal Bodies, District Councils, Railways, Five-Star Hotels, Food and Drugs Administration, Airports or similar services in other organizations. To deal with Health and Sanitation problems.
- Anesthesiology: Anesthesiology is a branch of medicine that focuses on pain relief during and after surgery. This treatment is called anesthesia. Practitioners of anesthesiology are called anesthesiologists or, in some countries, anesthetists.
- B.Sc Speech therapy: The undergraduate students of B.Sc. (Sp. & Hg.) learn about the normal aspects and disorders of speech, language and hearing. The students are trained in evaluation, diagnosis, treatment and management of communication disorders.
- Hematology: Is the branch of medicine concerned with the study, diagnosis, treatment, and prevention of diseases related to the blood. Hematology includes treating diseases that affect the production of blood and its components, such as blood cells, hemoglobin, blood proteins, and the mechanism of coagulation. Physicians specialized in hematology are known as hematologists or hematologists.
- B.Sc Medical Laboratory Technology: Medical Laboratory Technology also called Clinical laboratory science is an allied health profession, which is concerned with the diagnosis, treatment and prevention of disease through the use of clinical laboratory tests
- B.O.T Occupational Therapy: An occupational therapist helps individuals with a physical or mental illness, so that they can come back to their normal state. With the help of different latest methods, they help patients gain maximum recovery after a long illness. As an occupational therapist, you will be involved in a wide range of educational, creative and recreational activities.
Now that you are aware of different Courses for Medical Students except MBBS and BDS there is no need to compromise with your dreams. If you have it in you and you have a desire to learn medical sciences then go for the various alternatives available.
Also See : Medical Entrance Exams