PGIMER MD Hospital Administration Entrance Exam 2020 January
PGIMER Chandigarh MD (Hospital Administration) Entrance Exam for January 2020 Admission
PGIMER Chandigarh MD (Hospital Administration) Entrance Exam 2020 – The PGIMER Chandigarh invites online applications for the following MD (Hospital Administration) Course for the academic session January 2020.
Candidates applying for various MD (Hospital Administration) Course should possess a postgraduate qualification indicated against each course given below.
PGIMER Chandigarh MD (Hospital Administration) Entrance Exam 2020 Important Dates
- Start of PGIMER MD (Hospital Administration) online Application on PGI Website: 13th November 2019
- PGIMER MD (Hospital Administration) (Jan, 2020) application form closes: 30th November 2019
- Computer Based Entrance Test for MD (Hospital Administration) courses: 18th November 2019
- Expected date of declaration of result: 23rd December 2019
- Counselling for MD (Hospital Administration) courses at PGI, Chandigarh 28th December 12.2019 at 11.00 A.M.
Aims and Objectives of the Institute
- The following are the objectives of the Institute:
- To develop patterns of teaching in undergraduate and postgraduate education for all its branches, so as to demonstrate a high standard of medical education
- To bring together, as far as possible in one place, educational facilities of the highest order for the training of personnel in all important branches of health activity.
- To attain self-sufficiency in postgraduate medical education to meet the country’s need for specialists and medical teachers
Admission to the Postgraduate Courses
- Admission to various postgraduate courses conducted at the Institute is made twice a year. The sessions commence from first January and first July each year.
- The Institute follows a Residency Service-cum-Training Scheme. Candidates admitted to MD (Hospital Administration) course is called Junior Residents.
- The admission to the above course of the Institute is made on merit on all India basis, by holding an entrance test by the Institute, after issuing a countrywide admission notice.
Duration of Course and Emoluments
- The MD/MS course has a duration of three academic years. During this period, the Junior Residents except Sponsored candidates are entitled to emoluments as prescribed by the Government of India
- At present, this translates to basic pay of Rs.56100/- in the pay matrix (Level-10) as per 7th CPC plus other allowances as applicable.
No. of Seats
- The tentative number of seats available in MD (Hospital Administration) course for the January, 2020 session is given below:
- Gen – 02 and Sponsored – 04
Eligibility Criteria for PGIMER Chandigarh MD (Hospital Administration) Entrance Exam 2020
- To be eligible for admission, a candidate must possess / fulfil the following qualifications/ requirements:
- The candidate must possess MBBS or an equivalent degree from a University/ Institute recognized by the Medical Council of India (MCI) with a minimum experience of three years in a hospital in the relevant field or five years in general practice. A certificate issued by the District Magistrate in support of the general practice claimed should be enclosed with the application.
- Must be registered with Central /State Medical Registration Council
Other Eligibility Conditions & Requirements for Admission
- Sponsored / Deputed Candidates
- A candidate applying for admission to MD (Hospital Administration) as a sponsored / deputed candidate is required to take the print out of the online application form and furnish the following certificates (as per the format given in Annexure II & III) with his/her application through his/her employer/Sponsoring Authority for admission to the course.
- That the candidate concerned shall be an employee of the deputing/ sponsoring authority and should have been working for three years (on or before 30th June/31st December for July & January session respectively).
- That after getting training at PGIMER, Chandigarh, the candidate will be suitably employed by the deputing/sponsoring authority to work for at least five years in the specialty in which training is received by the candidate at the PGIMER.
- That no financial implications, in the form of emoluments/ stipend etc. will devolve upon PGIMER, Chandigarh during the entire period of his/her course and such payment shall be the responsibility of the sponsoring authority.
- Deputation / Sponsorship of any candidate by private hospitals, institutes or nursing homes are not accepted. The sponsoring authority should not nominate more than o n e candidate for a specialty.
Reservation of Seats
SC/ST & Other Backward Classes (OBC)
- This PGIMER provides Reservation for Scheduled Caste (SC), Scheduled Tribe (ST), Other Backward Classes (OBC) – Non Creamy Layer (NCL), wherever applicable and admissible as per instructions from Government of India.
- All candidates, irrespective of category may be considered against UR vacancies, subject to fulfilment of parameters for UR candidates. However, against the vacancies earmarked for specific categories (SC/ST/OBC), only candidates belonging to that community will be considered.
- For availing reservation, SC/ST/OBC candidates should furnish Caste Certificate from the competent authorities as per the format given at Annexure-IV (for SC/ST candidates) and at Annexure-V (for OBC-NCL candidates) at the time of counseling
- The Entrance Examination shall be conducted through a Computer Based Test (CBT). The Entrance Test shall be held on Wednesday, the 18th December 2019 and duration shall be 1½ hours (one and a half hours/90 minutes) for MD (Hospital Administration) Course.
- The Online (CBT) Entrance Test will be conducted in one shift: Timing 9.00 A.M. to 10.30 A.M. The entrance examination to be conducted at Chandigarh only.
- Selection of candidates for the MD (Hospital Administration) course is a two-step process, with a theory examination.
- The theory exam will consist of a paper with two parts (Part 1 – General, and Part 2 – Specialty), each with 40 marks. Part 1 will consist of 40 multiple choice questions of MBBS level, each with four options and a single most appropriate response.
- Part 2 of the paper will consist of 40 multiple choice questions related to Hospital Administration, each with five options and single/multiple correct response(s). Total duration of the theory examination is 90 minutes.
Fees and Dues
The following dues are payable to the Institute, by the candidates admitted to the MD/MS courses:
- Registration Fee: Rs. 500/-
- Tuition Fee: Rs. 250/-per annum
- Laboratory Fee: Rs. 900/-per annum
- Amalgamated Fund: Rs. 720/-per annum
- Security: Rs. 1000/- (refundable only after completion of course)
- Hostel Security: Rs. 5000/-(refundable) to be deposited with the Hostel Warden if hostel accommodation is allotted.
PGIMER Chandigarh MD (Hospital Administration) Entrance Exam 2020 Application Process
- A candidate seeking admission to the Entrance Examination is required to submit his/her application in the prescribed format available online with the Prospectus on www.pgimer.edu.in.
- Candidate should fill his/her application form available on the PGI website https://pgimer.edu.in
- The application, complete in all respects accompanied with all the relevant documents should reach the office of the Registrar, PGIMER, Sector-12, Chandigarh on or before the closing date.
- All applicants are advised to read the Prospectus and Instructions carefully before starting online registration
- After selecting the online registration, fill the mandatory details asked for and deposit the prescribed fee through debit/credit card/Net Banking. After submitting fees filled required information step by step. Follow the Instructions carefully.
- It will be the responsibility of the candidate to ensure that correct details are filled in the Registration Slip. The Institute will not be responsible for any incorrect information/cancellation of candidature/loss or lack of communication etc. due to wrong filled online Application form.
- No candidate should register more than one application.
- All applicants are required to ensure that Photo/Signature is uploaded according to the instructions provided in the Prospectus. Failure to do so may result in rejection of applications.
- Duplicate applications from any applicant will result in cancellation of all such applications. No intimation regarding such summary rejections will be provided.
- SC/ST Category: 1200/- + Transaction Charges as applicable
- General /OBC /Sponsored Category: 1500/- + Transaction Charges as applicable
- Persons with Bench-mark Disabilities (PwBD) Candidates is exempted from payment of fee
- All candidates are directed to deposit the above fees through online payment gateway available at MD (Hospital Administration) application portal w.e.f. 13th November 2019 to 30th November 2019
- Mode of Payment: Through Debit / Credit Card / Net Banking
For more information please visit website www.pgimer.edu.in
Postgraduate Institute of Medical Education and Research, Sector-12, Chandigarh, Pin-160012, Phone: 022-61306243, Helpline No - 0172-2755569, Email: email@example.com, Website www.pgimer.edu.in
Get Free Entrance Exam Alerts and College Admission Guidance >> Click here