PGIMER Chandigarh M.Sc. Nursing Entrance Exam 2022 for Admission – Eligibility, Dates, Exam Pattern, Application Process
PGI Chandigarh M.Sc Nursing Entrance Exam 2022 – Postgraduate Institute of Medical Education & Research (PGIMER) Chandigarh invites applications for admission to M.Sc. Nursing Course for the academic session commencing in July 2022 through Computer Based Entrance Test scheduled to be held on May 02, 2022
PGI Chandigarh M.Sc Nursing Entrance Exam 2022
M.Sc. Nursing Specialty
- Community Health Nursing
- Mental Health (Psychiatric) Nursing
- Child Health (Pediatric) Nursing
- Obstetric & Gynecological Nursing
- Medical Surgical Nursing
- Medical Surgical Nursing Sub- Specialties
- Critical Care Nursing
- Cardiovascular and Thoracic Nursing
- Oncology Nursing
- Neurology & Neuro Surgical Nursing
- Nephrology & Urology Nursing
- Orthopaedic & Rehabilitation Nursing
- Gastroenterology Nursing
PGI Chandigarh M.Sc Nursing Entrance Exam 2022 Important Dates
- Start of M.Sc. Nursing online registration on Website: 12th April 2022
- Application form closes: 02nd May 2022
- Computer Based Entrance Test: 03rd June 2022
- Expected date of declaration of Result: 13th June 2022
- Counselling (tentative date): 20th June 2022 at 11.00 AM
Duration & Intake
- M.Sc. (N) Master of Nursing – 2 Academic Years
- Intake – 31 Seats
PGI Chandigarh M.Sc Nursing Entrance Exam 2022 Eligibility Criteria
- B.Sc. Nursing/Post-Basic from an Institution recognized by the Indian Nursing Council and PGIMER, Chandigarh as equivalent thereto with at least 55% marks in aggregate.
- Should have minimum one year of work experience after registration as Registered Nurse & Registered Midwife by 18th May 2022 in bedside nursing in a minimum 100 bedded hospital (for private hospitals only) or Public Health Nursing or in Nursing Educational Institutions recognized by the Indian Nursing Council after B.Sc. Nursing (4 years) or before and after Post-Basic B.Sc. Nursing.
- Experience certificate in this regard must be on the letterhead of the hospital and should clearly indicate the capacity of the hospital in terms of number of beds and should be approved by State/Central Govt.(S) failing which experience will not be considered.
- Should be a Registered Nurse and Registered Midwife as approved by INC or substitute registration in the case of male candidates fully qualified for nursing of men, women and children
PGI Chandigarh M.Sc Nursing Entrance Exam 2022 Application Procedure
- Candidates are required to apply online through PGIMER, Chandigarh Website www.pgimer.edu.in
- No other means/mode of application (through post, email, fax, deposit of CV etc.) will be accepted
- Firstly ensure that you have a valid personal email ID; in case, a candidate does not have a valid personal email ID, he/she should create his/her new email ID before applying Online.
- Application, complete in all respects accompanied with all the relevant documents, should reach the office of Registrar, PGIMER, Sector-12, Chandigarh on or before the closing date.
- General / OBC candidates – Rs. 1500/-
- SC / ST Candidates – Rs. 1200/-
- PwD candidates – Exempted from paying application fee
Payment of Mode
- All the candidates are directed to deposit the above fees in the branches of State Bank of India by filling the Challan form in the name of “Director, PGIMER”, Chandigarh (Examination) in the Power Jyoti Account No. 32211613319 and those candidates who have SBI account can also pay their fee through i-collect service of SBI
- The selection will be made strictly in order of merit of the candidates in the respective merit lists of the entrance test.
- An overall merit list based on the percentile obtained by all the candidates appearing in the exam in the theory exam (irrespective of their category) will be prepared
- General Category – 50th percentile
- SC/ST/OBC & PWD – 45th percentile
- In the matter of selection, the decision of the Director, PGIMER, Chandigarh shall be final.
- Mode of Exam: Computer Based Test (CBT) / Online
- Duration of Exam: 1 and ½ hours (One and half hours/90 minutes)
- Date of Exam: Sunday, the 03rd June, 2022
- Number of Shifts: 01 (One)
- Timing of Exam: 09.00 AM to 10.30 AM
- Location of Exam Centres: Tentatively 04 cities in India
- Language of Paper: English
- Type of Exam: Objective Type
- Number of Questions: One Paper of 100 MCQ (One hundred only)
No. of Questions
- Medical Surgical Nursing – 15 Questions & 15 Marks
- Community Health Nursing – 15 Questions & 15 Marks
- Obstetric Nursing – 15 Questions & 15 Marks
- Child Health Nursing – 15 Questions & 15 Marks
- Mental Health Nursing – 15 Questions & 15 Marks
- Nursing Foundations – 10 Questions & 10 Marks
- Nursing Research – 10 Questions & 10 Marks
- General Knowledge- 05 Questions & 05 Marks
- Total – 100 Questions & 100 Marks
- Bengaluru, Chandigarh (Tricity), Delhi (NCR) and Kolkata
- Registered candidates can download PGIMER M.Sc Nursing Admit Card 2022 by online mode at www.pgimer.edu.in.
- No hard copy of it is sent to the candidates via post. To download the admit card, candidates need to log in using login id and password.
For more details and to apply online, please visit the official website
- M.Sc. Nursing Entrance Exams and Admission 2022
- All India Entrance Exams 2022 Notifications and Dates