PGIMER MSc Nursing Admission 2019 July Session, Dates, Eligibility, Application
PGI Chandigarh announces Entrance Exam for Admission to MSc Nursing Program 2019 July Session
PGI Chandigarh M.Sc Nursing Admission 2019 - Postgraduate Institute of Medical Education & Research (PGIMER) Chandigarh invites applications for admission to M.Sc Nursing Course for the academic session 2019.
Admission is made once a year. The session shall commence from 16th July, each year. PGIMER M.Sc Nursing 2019 Notice will be published in leading newspapers in India usually during the months of April/May every year
Also See : M.Sc Nursing Admission
PGI Chandigarh M.Sc Nursing Admission 2019 for Important Dates
- Start Date of Registration of Application: 01st May 2019
- Last Date of filing of Applications online: 31st May 2019
- Entrance Exam: 30th June 2019 (10.00 am)
- Declaration of Result: 01st July 2019 (12.00 Noon)
- Date of Counseling: 03rd July 2019 (03.00 pm)
Duration of the Course: The duration of the courses is Two Academic Years
No. of Seats for M.Sc Nursing Course
- M.Sc Nursing - 31 Seats (Gen - 12, SC - 04, ST - 02, OBC - 07 OPH* - 01 & For PGI Staff (Gen-03, ST - 01, OBC - 02)
No. of Seats for M.Sc Nursing (Specialty wise):
- Community Health Nursing (Others - 06)
- Mental Health (Psychiatric) Nursing: 03 Seats (PGI Staff-01 & Others-02)
- Child Health (Pediatric) Nursing: 06 Seats (PGI Staff-02 & Other-04)
- Obstetric & Gynecological Nursing: 05 Seats (PGI Staff-01 & Others-04)
- Medical Surgical Nursing: 11 Seats (PGI Staff - 02 & Others - 09)
Medical Surgical Nursing (Sub-Specialties):
- Critical Care Nursing
- Cardiovascular and Thoracic Nursing
- Oncology Nursing
- Neurology & Neuro Surgical Nursing
- Nephrology & Urology Nursing
- Orthopaedic & Rehabilitation Nursing
- Gastroenterology Nursing):
Note: Specialties for the M.Sc Nursing in Medical Surgical Nursing in any one of the above sub Specialty shall be opted by the candidate by 31st August 2019
Also See : B.Sc Nursing Admission
Eligibility Criteria for PGI Chandigarh M.Sc Nursing Admission 2019
M.Sc. Nursing – 2 years (Course Code- MSC/022)
- B.Sc Nursing/Post-Basic from an Institution recognized by the Indian Nursing Council and PGIMER, Chandigarh as equivalent thereto with at least 55% marks in aggregate
- Candidate should have minimum one-year of work experience after registration as Registered Nurse & Registered Midwife by 29 May 2019 (the last date for submission of applications) in bedside nursing in a minimum 100 bedded hospital (for private hospitals only) or Public Health Nursing or in Nursing Educational Institutions recognized by the Indian Nursing Council after B.Sc Nursing (4 years) or before and after Post-Basic B.Sc Nursing. The experience certificate in this regard must be on the letter head of the hospital and should clearly indicate the capacity of the hospital in terms of number of beds and should be approved by State/Central Govts failing which experience will not be considered
- Candidates should be a Registered Nurse and Registered Midwife as approved by INC or substitute registration in the case of male candidates fully qualified for nursing of men, women and children
Also See : Post Basic B.Sc Nursing
- The selection will be made strictly in order of merit of the candidates in the respective merit lists of entrance test.
- An overall merit list based on the percentile obtained by all the candidates appearing in the examination in the theory examination (irrespective of their category) will be prepared. Candidates of various categories, who secure percentile in the theory examination, as mentioned against each category, will qualify for admission:
- General category: 50th percentile
- SC/ST/OBC & PWD: 45th percentile
- In the matter of selection, the decision of the Director, PGIMER, Chandigarh shall be final.
- Written test is of objective type and in English language on the following subjects: Medical Surgical Nursing, Community Health Nursing, Obstetric Nursing, Child Health Nursing, Mental Health Nursing, Trends in Nursing, General Knowledge
- Question paper will consist of 100 Questions of Objective Type with a Single Correct response out of four options. Negative Marking (0.25) will be done for Wrong Answers
- Merit list of candidates is prepared on the basis of marks obtained in the Online Entrance Exam. Merit list is prepared for each category of candidate’s viz.:
- SC/ST & OBC
- Orthopedic Physically Handicapped
- PGI deputed candidates to the courses of B.Sc Nursing (Post-Basic) and M.Sc Nursing
Details of Fee and Others Dues:
- Fee - Tuition Fee Rs.350/-, Library Fee Rs.50/-, Laboratory Fee Rs.900/-, Games Fee Rs.30/-, Amalgamated Fund Rs.720/-
- Other Fees/Funds - Security/Caution Money (*Refundable) Rs 10,000/-, Migration Fee Rs.100/-, Registration Fee Rs.500/-, Exam Fee Rs.400/-
PGI Chandigarh M.Sc Nursing Admission 2019 Application Process
- Candidates are required to apply online through PGIMER, Chandigarh website www.pgimer.edu.in
- No other means/mode of application (through post, email, fax, deposit of CV etc.) will be accepted. Firstly ensure that you have a valid personal email ID; in case, a candidate does not have a valid personal email ID, he/she should create his/her new email ID before applying Online
- The application, complete in all respects accompanied with all the relevant documents should reach the office of Registrar, PGIMER, Sector-12, Chandigarh on or before the closing date
- For General/OBC /Sponsored Candidates: Rs.1000/-
- For SC/ST Candidates: Rs.800/-
Mode of Payment
- All the candidates are directed to deposit the above fees in the branches of State Bank of India by filling the Challan form in the name of "Director, PGIMER", Chandigarh (Examination) in the Power Jyoti Account No. 32211613319 and those candidates who have SBI account can also pay the their fee through i-collect service of SBI
For more details visit the official website: https://pgimer.edu.in
PGIMER - Chandigarh
Postgraduate Institute of Medical Education and Research (PGIMER) Chandigarh, National Institute of Nursing Education, PGIMER, Sector-12, Chandigarh-160012, Tel.: 0172-2755256, 0172-2755257, Email: firstname.lastname@example.org, Website: https://pgimer.edu.in
Get Free Entrance Exam Alerts and College Admission Guidance >> Click here
Nursing Entrance Exam
BSc Nursing Entrance Exam 2020, B.Sc Nursing Form, Last date, BSc Nursing Admission 2020, Application From, eligibility - AIIMS, PGI Chandigarh, JIPMER, BVP, MGMIS, CMC Ludhiana and Vellore, St. John's Admission 2020 Application dates.
Nursing Career Scope
Nursing Career Scope| Nursing Job Prospects and Colleges, Eligibility for admission to BSc MSC in Nursing and Job Prospects Overview, Admission, Training Institutes
Top BSc Nursing Colleges in India
Top Nursing Colleges in India BSc. Nursing 2020 ranking - Top 20 Nursing Colleges in India,Top 10 Colleges AIIMS, AFMC, CMC Vellore, Manipal, Father Muller, Apollo.
Admission process for studying Nursing in US
Nursing courses are on an all time high and they have been for a while now, especially in US. It is one of the courses which has maintained its charm through times and is on an ever time high roll. A career in Nursing in the USA is highly in demand and also the rewards are huge.
Indian Army BSc Nursing
Indian Army BSc Nursing 2020 for female candidates. Military Nursing entrance exam 2020, Army BSc Nursing GNM Admission Notification 2020, eligibility and dates.
What is GNM, B.Sc Nursing, Post Basic Nursing, M.Sc Nursing
Looking to know about Nursing Courses? Find here the answer to your question regarding Nursing Course eligibility, duration, admission process, top Nursing colleges in India and more.
Post Basic BSc Nursing Admission
Post Basic BSc Nursing is that Nursies assume responsibilities as professional, competent nurses and midwives at basic level. Check out Post Basic BSc Nursing Admission Notifications 2020, Eligibility, Application and Imp Dates.
Top MSc Nursing Colleges in India
Top MSc Nursing colleges in India. Check out top colleges for MSc Nursing course in India, Best institutes for MSc Nursing in India. Also See Career Scope of MSc Nursing.
Best Books for Nursing Entrance Exam Preparation
Looking for the best nursing entrance exam books and study material for you nursing entrance test preparation. Check out Nooks, study material and Previous question papers for Nursing Entrance Tests (BSc, Post Basic, and MSc Nursing Entrance Exams).
Career in Nursing
Nursing, Online, Education, Nursing College India, Indian Nursing School, Nursing Degree, Online Nursing Education, Nursing Entrance India, Online Nursing Degree" 1="Education Abroad Opportunities.