NEET PG 2018 Eligibility Criteria
Eligibility for NEET PG 2018
Candidates should check the eligibility criteria before applying for NEET PG 2018. The criteria relates to the academic qualifications, nationality, age limits and more. Candidates must fulfill the given criteria below:
- Candidate must be an Indian citizen
- Candidates in possession of MBBS degree or Provisional MBBS Pass Certificate recognized as per the provisions of the Indian Medical Council Act 1956 and possess permanent or provisional registration certificate of MBBS qualification issued by the Medical Council of India or State Medical Council and
- Should have completed one year of internship or are likely to complete the internship on or before 31st March 2018
Check out - PG Medical Entrance Exam Question Bank CD for Practice - Buy Now !
For All India 50% Quota Seats:
- The eligibility criteria for All India 50% quota seats is as per para 4.1(A) (vide supra).Candidates who have studied/qualified MBBS from the states of Andhra Pradesh*,Telangana*and Jammu & Kashmir are not eligible for All India 50% Quota seats
- However, the candidates who were nominated by the Govt. of India (under central pool seats) to do MBBS from Medical Colleges in erstwhile Andhra Pradesh*and Jammu & Kashmir shall be eligible for All India 50% quota seats
- Such candidates must submit a duly signed affidavit declaring that he/she was nominated by the Govt. of India (under central pool seats) to do MBBS from Medical Colleges in Andhra Pradesh*, Telangana* and Jammu & Kashmir
For Foreign Medical Graduates:
- Indian citizens or overseas citizens of India who have obtained their Primary Medical Qualifications from Medical Colleges outside India should have qualified the Foreign Medical Graduate Exam (Screening Test) which is conducted by National Board of Exams
- Further, they should have been registered with MCI/SMC and should have completed their internship or likely to complete their internship on or before 31st March 2018
- Foreign Medical Graduates are required to bring their FMGE Pass certificate issued by NBE on their testing day
Foreign Nationals in NEET-PG 2018:
- It is not mandatory for foreign nationals to have temporary registration with MCI at the time of writing NEET-PG. Foreign Nationals can write NEET-PG without MCI registration
- The MCI may, on payment of the prescribed fee for registration, grant temporary registration for the duration of the Post Graduate course limited to the medical college/institution to which he/she is admitted for the time being exclusively for pursuing postgraduate studies
- The cutoff date for completion of internship towards determination of eligibility for appearing in NEET-PG 2018 shall be 31st March 2018
Candidates will be considered ineligible if:-
- They have studied medicine from an institute which is not recognized by MCI.
- They have not completed the internship.
- They are not registered with MCI or the respective SMC.
- Their NEET PG 2017 application from is not in the prescribed format and submitted on time.