Armed Forces Medical College Pune announces MBBS Admission based on NEET-UG 2021 Scores
AFMC MBBS Admission – Armed Forces Medical College (AFMC) Pune is a premier medical institute of India invites application for admission to MBBS Course through NEET-UG 2021 Scores for the academic session 2021-22.
A total of 150 candidates (including 05 Govt. sponsored candidates from Friendly Foreign Countries) will be selected for the year 2021, of which 145 (115 boys and 30 girls) will be selected as Medical Cadets for imparting training (including MBBS course) at the Armed Forces Medical College Pune with liability to serve in the Armed Forces Medical Services as Medical Officers.
- The duration of the MBBS course is 4 ½ years followed by compulsory rotating internship training of one year. All medical cadets commissioned into the AFMS will undergo internship training in selected service hospitals recognized by the National Medical Commission (NMC).
AFMC MBBS Admission Dates 2021
- Start ApplicationProcess : To be announced
- Last Date to apply : To be announced
AFMC MBBS Admission Eligibility Criteria 2021
- Candidates must have passed one of the qualifying examinations listed at sub-para (a) to (j) below in the first attempt with English, Physics, Chemistry and Biology taken simultaneously and securing not less than 60% of the aggregate marks in these three science subjects taken together and not less than 50% marks in English and 50% marks in each of the science subjects. They must have also passed an examination in Mathematics of the tenth standard. The examinations are:-
- The Higher Secondary (10+2) or equivalent examination in Science of a statutory Indian University/board or other recognized examination body with English, Physics, Chemistry & Biology which shall include practical tests in all of these science subjects.
- The Pre-professional/Pre-Medical examination with English, Physics, Chemistry and Biology (after passing either Higher Secondary School examination or pre–University or equivalent examination) which shall include practical tests in these science subjects.
- 1st year of three years Degree course of a recognized University with English, Physics, Chemistry and Biology including practical test in Science subjects provided the examination is a University Examination.
- Senior Secondary of a statutory Examination Board of Indian School Certificate examination of 12 years of study, last two years of study comprising Physics, Chemistry, Biology and Mathematics or any other elective subject with English at higher level.
- Higher Secondary School Certificate examination of Maharashtra State Board of Higher Secondary Education with English at Higher level, anyone of the Modern Indian or Modern Foreign or Classical Languages, Physics, Chemistry, Biology and Mathematics or any other elective subject.
- Any other examination which in scope and standard is found to be equivalent to the Higher Secondary Science/Pre-Professional/Pre-medical Examination of Indian University/ Board with English, Physics, Chemistry and Biology including practical test in each of these Science subjects.
- B.Sc. Examination of a recognized Indian University provided that he/she has passed the B.Sc. Examination in not less than two of the subjects Physics, Chemistry, Botany, Zoology and further that he/she has passed the qualifying examination with Physics, Chemistry, Biology and English.
- Note: The criteria for marks in Qualifying Examination (i.e. 10 + 2 or equivalent exam) will remain the same for the B.Sc. candidates also.
- Candidates who have appeared or will be appearing in the qualifying examination may also apply.
- Candidates from Union Territories of Jammu & Kashmir and Ladakh are also eligible for admission to AFMC Pune.
- The candidate should have attained the age of 17 years on 31 Dec 2021 but must not have attained the age of 24 years on that date i.e. must have been born not earlier than 01 January 1998 and not later than 31 December 2004.
AFMC MBBS Admission Application Process 2021
- Candidates will have to registered and applied for AFMC, Pune on DGHS website www.mcc.nic.in
- After the last date of registration, list of candidates who have applied for AFMC, Pune will be provided by DGHS. The NEET Roll No. of the candidates who are shortlisted for the screening at AFMC, Pune based on merit will be displayed on the website.
- Candidates seeking admission for MBBS course at AFMC Pune will have to mandatorily qualify the NEET UG 2021 Examination conducted by National Testing Agency (NTA).
- The shortlisted candidates will be called for Test of English Language, Comprehension, Logic and Reasoning (ToELR), Psychological Assessment Test (PAT), Interview and Medical Examination at AFMC, Pune.
- Written Examination Score- Score obtained in NEET (UG) 2021 (720 marks) added to TOELR Score (80 marks) divided by 4 to get a score out of 200.
- Final Score – Written examination score (200 marks) + Interview marks (50 marks).
ToELR Exam Pattern
- Test of English Language Comprehension, Logic and Reasoning (ToELR) will be in the form of Computer Based Test (CBT) consisting of 40 MCQs of 2.0 marks each amounting to a maximum of 80 marks and will be held at AFMC, Pune.
- There will be negative marks of 0.5 for every incorrect answer.
- These 40 questions will be required to be answered in 30 minutes.
For more details and apply, please visit the official website