AFMC MBBS Admissions 2019 Notification, Application, Dates
AFMC Pune MBBS admissions 2019 based on NEET UG 2019
AFMC MBBS Admissions 2019 Notification - Candidates seeking admission for MBBS Course at AFMC, Pune will have to qualify the NEET UG 2019 examination conducted by National Testing Agency. Eligible candidates will have to mandatorily register and apply for AFMC, Pune on DGHS website www.mcc.nic.in during the registration window provided by the DGHS after declaration of NEET (UG) Results. Candidates are advised to visit the above website for details.
Candidates are advised to visit the website for details. After the last date of registration, list of candidates who have applied for AFMC, Pune will be provided by DGHS. Approximately 1750 candidates (1170 boys and 580 girls) will be called for the screening to be held in the third and fourth week of June 2019 at AFMC, Pune.
AFMC, Pune is affiliated to Maharashtra University of Health Sciences, Nashik and is recognized by the Medical Council of India
- The duration of the MBBS course is 4 ½ years followed by compulsory rotating internship training of one year. All medical cadets commissioned into the AFMS will undergo internship training in selected service hospitals recognized by the Medical Council of India.
- The course commences on 15th July 2019 (subject to change)
Number of Seats
- A total of 145 medical cadets (115 boys & 30 girls) will be admitted for the year 2019. In addition to the above 145 seats, Govt of India at its discretion through Ministry of External Affairs & Ministry of Defence may sponsor and select five (05) NEET(UG) qualified foreign students from friendly foreign countries for MBBS training in AFMC, under their aid / collaboration programmes
Eligibility Criteria for AFMC MBBS Admissions 2019
- A candidate seeking admission to the MBBS Course at AFMC, Pune for the year 2019 is eligible if he/she fulfills the following criteria:
- Nationality: A candidate should be a citizen of India. Foreign nationals of Indian origin may be admitted into AFMC only after they have acquired Indian Citizenship or in respect of whom the Ministry of Home Affairs issues a certificate of eligibility.
- Marital Status: Must be unmarried. Marrying during the course is not permitted.
- Medical fitness: Should be medically fit as per prescribed standards by the Govt of India, Ministry of Defence
- Candidates must have passed one of the qualifying exams listed at sub-para (a) to (j) below in the first attempt with English, Physics, Chemistry & Biology taken simultaneously and securing not less than 60% of the aggregate marks in these three science subjects taken together and not less than 50% marks in English and 50% marks in each of the science subjects. They must have also passed an examination in Mathematics of the tenth standard. The exam are:
- (a) The Higher Secondary (10+2) or equivalent examination in Science of a statutory Indian University/board or other recognized examination body with English, Physics, Chemistry & Biology which shall include practical test in all of these science subjects.
- (b) The Pre-professional/Pre-Medical Exam with English, Physics, Chemistry and Biology (after passing either Higher Secondary School Exam or pre-University or equivalent exam) which shall include practical test in these science subjects.
- (c) 1st year of three years Degree course of a recognised University with English, Physics, Chemistry and Biology including practical test in Science subjects provided the examination is a University Exam.
- (d) Senior Secondary of a statutory Exam Board of Indian School Certificate examination of 12 years of study, last two years of study comprising of Physics, Chemistry, Biology and Mathematics or any other elective subject with English at higher level.
- (e) Higher Secondary School Certificate examination of Maharashtra State Board of Higher Secondary Education with English at Higher level, any one of the Modern Indian or Modern Foreign or Classical Languages, Physics, Chemistry, Biology and Mathematics or any other elective subject.
- (f) Any other examination which in scope and standard is found to be equivalent to the Higher Secondary Science/Pre-Professional /Pre-medical Examination of Indian University/ Board with English, Physics, Chemistry and Biology including practical test in each of these Science subjects.
- (g) B.Sc. Exam of a recognized Indian University provided that he/she has passed the B.Sc. Exam in not less than two of the subjects Physics, Chemistry, Botany, Zoology and further that he/she has passed the qualifying exam with Physics, Chemistry, Biology and English.
- The following categories of candidates are not eligible to apply:
- (a) Candidates who have passed in Domestic Science, Domestic Arithmetic, and Lower Maths separately or in combination with other subjects like General Science / Social studies in High School / Higher Secondary (Multipurpose) or equivalent exam.
- (b) Candidates who have passed only Pre-University / Pre-Degree (one-year course) or Pre-Professional in Agriculture / Veterinary / Dental Exam.
- (c) Candidates who have passed the Pre-professional or equivalent qualifying exam as a Private candidate or from Open schools.
- (d) Candidates who have secured the requisite percentage but in subsequent attempts or compartment exam.
- The candidate should have attained the age of 17 years on 31st December 2019 but must not have attained the age of 24 years on that date i.e. must have been born not earlier than 01st January 1996 and not later than 31st December 2002.
- Candidates from Andhra Pradesh, Telangana and Jammu & Kashmir are eligible for admission to AFMC, Pune
- Note: The criteria for marks in Qualifying Exam (i.e. 10 + 2 or equivalent exam) will remain the same for the B.Sc. candidates also.
- Candidates seeking MBBS admission to AFMC Pune will have to qualify the NEET UG-2019 examination conducted by Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE).
- Eligible candidates who are interested to join AFMC Pune, to pursue the MBBS course will have to mandatorily register and apply for AFMC, Pune on DGHS website www.mcc.nic.in during the registration window provided by the DGHS. Candidates are advised to visit the above website for details.
AFMC MBBS Admission Procedure 2019
- After the last date of registration, list of candidates who have applied for AFMC, Pune will be provided by DGHS. The NEET Roll No. of the candidates who are shortlisted for the screening at AFMC, Pune based on merit will be displayed on the website.
- The shortlisted candidates will be called for Test of English Language, Comprehension, Logic and Reasoning (ToELR), Psychological Assessment Test (PAT), Interview and Medical Examination to be held in the month of June / July at AFMC, Pune.
- On the basis of the NEET UG - 2019 score and screening at AFMC, two merit lists, one for boys and one for girls, will be drawn up and admissions will be offered only to these shortlisted candidates in accordance with their final merit position. The remaining candidates will be on the waiting list. The result will be displayed on the websites stated above and at the O/o DGAFMS and Admission Cell AFMC Pune.
Admission Cell AFMC Pune
- Candidates admitted to AFMC for MBBS course have a compulsory liability to serve as Commissioned Officers in the Armed Forces Medical Services. The offer of the type of commission will depend upon the vacancies available and shall be determined on merit-co-option at the final MBBS Exam
- The liability of the SSC officers passing out of AFMC to serve in the Armed Forces Medical Services would be 7 (seven) years. Complete details of Service Liability & Bond Agreement will be given to the candidates shortlisted for the screening
- SC/ST Candidates
- Reservation is only for SC/ST category candidates. Ten seats out of 130 are reserved for SC/ST candidates. The following procedure will be followed for admission of SC/ST candidates against the reserved seats subject to fulfilling the following criteria:
- The SC/ST candidates must have applied for AFMC Pune and also qualified in the NEET UG – 2019 written exam.
- If shortlisted and called for the screening at AFMC, they must come within the first 500 in the final combined merit list of boys and girls.
- They must fulfill all other conditions/standards, as applicable to non-SC/ ST candidates, like age eligibility, academic qualification, medical fitness, etc.
- These reserved seats will be in addition to any vacancies secured by SC / ST candidates on the basis of their position in the merit lists.
- In case of any SC / ST girl / boy, admitted against reserved vacancies the number of girls / boys to be admitted against the general seats will be reduced correspondingly.
- All such candidates will have to sign a surety bond on the same lines and on the same conditions as non-SC / ST candidates.
AFMC MBBS Admissions 2019 Application Procedure
- Candidates seeking admission to AFMC Pune will have to qualify the NEET UG –2019 examination conducted by Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE)
- The exact schedule of the screening at AFMC, Pune along with the details of the shortlisted candidates will be available on the website www.afmcdg1d.gov.in /www.mcc.nic.in tentatively by 20th June 2019
- Candidates are advised to visit the above website for details
- The candidates called for admission will have to produce the original Admit card for NEET UG – 2019 containing the NEET Roll number, original mark sheets of their qualifying exam and other documents, details of which will be given in the joining instructions.
- If their results and mark sheets are not received by the date of reporting for admission to AFMC, their candidature will be cancelled and no representation in this respect will be entertained.
- No candidate will be admitted provisionally awaiting result of the qualifying examination
- If at any point of time in the process of interview, admission, or MBBS course the documents of the candidate are found to be false/not authentic or any other discrepancy is observed, the candidate / selection / admission of the candidate will be cancelled forthwith.
For any further clarifications contact:
- The OIC Examinations & Nodal Officer (AIPMT), Room No.48A, ‘M’ Block, O/o DGAFMS/DG -1D, Ministry of Defence, New Delhi-110001, Telephone No.: 011-23092349, 23092562, Fax No.: 011-3092562, Email ID: email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org and Websites www.afmc.nic.in
Get Free Entrance Exam Alerts and College Admission Guidance >> Click here