IIT Bombay – Monash Research Academy announces Admission to PhD Program for 2022 Session, Apply Now
IITB-Monash Research Academy PhD Admission – Indian Institute of Technology, Bombay (IITB), Monash Research Academy (The Academy) and Monash University invite applications for Admission to Joint Doctor of Philosophy (PhD) Program for the academic session 2022
Check out the post below for more details on IITB- Monash Research Academy PhD Program 2022.
PhD Program Outline
- Students enrolled in the joint IITB-Monash PhD program will be based at the Research Academy co-located at IIT Bombay in Mumbai, India.
- The PhD program takes an average of 3.5 years of full-time study to complete (or part-time equivalent). Students will spend a minimum of 3 months but normally 6–12 months of their PhD candidature at Monash University in Australia with their allocated co-supervisor. Students will receive a generous grant to facilitate this experience.
- Students will be connected with the IIT Bombay student population and will be eligible for the on-campus student accommodation.In addition to being supervised on their PhD research, students will also be provided with professional development opportunities including research methodology and research leadership training. Students will also have the opportunity to attend major national and international conferences.
PhD Program offered
- Advanced Computational Engineering, Simulation and Manufacture
- Infrastructure Engineering
- Clean Energy
- Biotechnology and Stem Cell Research
IITB-Monash Research Academy PhD Admission Dates 2022
- Online Application Process : Ongoing
- Last date for submission of application form : 28th February 2022
IITB-Monash Research Academy PhD Admission Eligibility Criteria 2022
- First class or equivalent Master’s degree in a range of disciplines
- First class Bachelor’s degree and a valid GATE score
- Satisfying requirements of academic qualifications and English Language proficiency of Monash University.
- Note : Candidates without a valid GATE score or research fellowship can be considered for admission if they have a minimum of two years professional experience. Competition for places is high and a competitive selection process is applied to all applicants.
IITB-Monash Research Academy PhD Admission Application Process 2022
- Fill the Expression of Interest (EOI) form for IIT-B Monash PhD Program for June 2022 intake. To apply to the Academy visit www.iitbmonash.org and fill in the online EOI form.
- Step 1 – EOI : The first step of the admissions process is the Expression of Interest (EOI) stage. In this stage, candidates fill in an EOI form Online.
- Step 2 – Form A : If your EOI form is found to be suitable, you will be notified via email and you will receive a unique FAN number. You need the FAN number to upload your Form-A online. At this stage you will need to upload your transcripts, publications, certificates, etc and make project selections too. For logging in to the Form A site, use your unique Form A Number (FAN).
- Step 3 – Short-listing for Interview : If your Form-A is found to be suitable, you will be notified via email and you will receive an interview invitation. The Interview short-list will be announced only after the Form-A stage is complete.
- Step 4 – Interviews and Successful Candidates : After the interviews, successful candidates will be notified by email..
- In case you have any doubts, please read the Applications Process FAQ before sending your doubts to email@example.com. We will not respond to queries that have already been adequately answered in the FAQ document.
- Shortlisting of applicants through the FORM A duly filled and submitted by them.
- Personal interview for the further final selection of students.
- Students in the joint IITB-Monash PhD program will benefit from the following funding arrangements:
- Rs 372,000 per annum scholarship for the first two years
- Rs 420,000 per annum after first two years
- A grant of up to A$25,850 per annum in Australia
- A minimum of one year in Australia working with your Monash University co-supervisor (some projects may require you to be in Australia for a longer period of time or undertake more than one trip),Waiver of international student tuition fees at Monash University.
- NOTE:The above represents a typical scholarship. The actual scholarship that will be provided to a specific student will depend on their qualifications, grades and performance.
For more details and to apply online, please visit the official website