Indian Council of Medical Research (ICMR) announces Post-Doctoral Research Fellowship 2019
ICMR Post Doctoral Research Fellowship 2019 – ICMR Postdoctoral Research Fellowship Scheme is being instituted to foster high quality research opportunities to promising fresh PhD/ MD/MS holders in the cutting edge areas of basic science, communicable and non communicable diseases, and reproductive health including nutrition at ICMR Institutes /Centers.
ICMR Post Doctoral Research Fellowship Details
- ICMR intends to offer fifty (50) such fellowships every year for working in ICMR Institutes/Centers with state-of-art R&D facilities.
- These fellowships will be allocated by the Director General, ICMR, depending upon the needs of the Institute/Centre.
Eligibility Criteria for ICMR Post Doctoral Research Fellowship 2019
- Fresh PhDs/MD/MS within three years of completing their Ph.D./MD/MS degree (awarded) and also those who have received their provisional Ph.D./MD/MS degree PDF Guide should be having the minimum designation of Scientist-C grade.
- Postgraduate medical students are also permitted to carry out ICMR’s PDF in MCI recognized postgraduate medical colleges wherein minimum of three batches have obtained their postgraduate degree.
- ICMR PDF is open to Indian nationals only.
- Two years only and extendable for maximum one more year based on outstanding performance and recommendations by the Director/Officer-in-Charge of the concerned ICMR Institutes/ Centers.
- In the event of the PDF leaving before completing one year, he/she will have to refund the fellowship drawn by him/her from the date of joining to the date of leaving the fellowship.
Maximum Age Limit
- 32 years, relaxable up to 5 years in case of SC/ST/OBC/PH and women candidates, as on the last date of application (30th June and 31st December) . For deserving candidates age can be relaxed maximum up to a maximum of 3 years based on earlier work done, publications, awards etc. along with the request by sponsoring Director/Director-in-Charge. Director General, ICMR may consider and relax on the recommendation of the screening committee.
- ICMR PDFs will be paid a consolidated fellowship of Rs. 50,000/- per month plus House Rent Allowance (HRA), Non Practicing allowance (NPA) as admissible and a contingency grant of Rs. 3.0 lakhs per annum.
- 25% of the contingency grant can be used for travel including per diem expenses.
See: National Scholarship
Selection Process for ICMR Post Doctoral Research Fellowship 2019
- Selection of the “ICMR Centenary Post Doctoral Fellows” will be made through interview of shortlisted candidates by specially constituted Selection Committee by DG, ICMR based on their publications, citations and its impact factor.
- The place of interview will be ICMR Hqrs. New Delhi.
- Eligible candidates must route their applications through the sponsoring ICMR Institutes/ Centers. Applicants coming from abroad may also be considered in absentia, if eligible and found suitable by the Committee.
Accommodation and other benefits
- Accommodation may be provided by ICMR Institutes/Centers if available. However, in such cases HRA will not be paid.
- ICMR PDFs will be entitled for medical benefits and leave as per the ICMR rules for JRF/Research Associates.
ICMR Post Doctoral Research Fellowship 2019 Application Process
- Please read the instructions, given above carefully before filling the Application Form (Annexure-I).
- Applications complete in all respect must reach on or before the closing date (as mentioned above).
- Candidates are advised to contact the Director/Officer-in Charge of ICMR Institutes/Centers where they are interested to pursue their PDF.
- Applicants can visit the website of the particular ICMR Institute/Center to know the activities of the Institutes/Centers and their mandates.
- Application received without the recommendation of the Director /Officer-in charge of the sponsoring ICMR institutes/centers will not be considered.
- Completed application should be accompanied by all the requisite documents.
- You are requested to go through the ‘check list’ of documents given below, before submitting the application. Incomplete applications are liable to be rejected.
See: PHD Admission 2019
ICMR Post Doctoral Research Fellowship 2019 Important Date
- Last Date for Application for Scholarship is 31st December 2019
Indian Council of Medical Research
Indian Council of Medical Research Headquarters, V. Ramalingaswami Bhawan, P.O. Box No. 4911, Ansari Nagar, New Delhi – 110029, India Ph: 91-11-26588895 / 91-11-26588980, Website www.icmr.nic.in