St John’s National Academy of Health Sciences announces Admission to Allied Health Sciences (AHS) Courses 2021
St John’s National Academy of Health Sciences AHS Admission 2021 – St. John’s National Academy of Health Sciences, Bengaluru invites applications for admission to Allied Health Sciences Courses offered at St. John’s Medical College (SJMC) for the academic year 2021-22.
Application for the same can be submitted on or before July 2021 through online mode. Read further for more details on St John’s National Academy of Health Sciences AHS Admission 2021.
AHS courses offered
- Bachelor of Physiotherapy (BPT) & BPT Lateral Entry
- B.Sc. Medical Laboratory Technology (MLT), 4 years (including 1-year internship)
- B.Sc. Medical Imaging Technology 4 years (including 1-year internship)
- B.Sc. Renal Dialysis Technology 4 years (including 1-year internship)
- B.Sc. Perfusion Technology B.Sc. Anaesthesia Technology 4 years (including 1-year internship)
- B.Sc. Operation Theatre Technology 4 years (including 1-year internship)
- B.Sc. Radiotherapy Technology 4 years (including 1-year internship)
- M. Sc. Medical Laboratory Technology (M.Sc. MLT) *M.Sc Bio/ Micro/ Haem)
- Master of Physiotherapy (MPH)
- Master in Hospital Administration (MHA)
- Diploma in Hospital Administration (DHA)
- M.Phil. in Clinical Psychology
St John’s National Academy of Health Sciences AHS Admission 2021 Important Dates
- Application Open Date (Bachelor of physiotherapy (including Post-diploma Lateral Entry) & All B.Sc. Courses :- 07th June 2021
- Application Close Date (Bachelor of physiotherapy (including Post-diploma Lateral Entry) & All B.Sc. Courses :- 11th July 2021
- Application Start date for MHA, MPT, M.Sc. MLT & DHA :- 07th June 2021
- Application Close date for MHA, MPT, M.Sc. MLT & DHA :- 18th July 2021
Eligibility Criteria for St John’s National Academy of Health Sciences AHS Admission 2021
For B.Sc. Nursing Course:
- Age Limit : Admission is open to male and female candidates. Candidates should have completed 17 years of age at the time of admission and not crossed the age of 35 years.
For B.Sc. MLT, MIT, RDT, PT, AT, OTT, RT & RCT courses
- A candidate should have passed the 2-year Pre-University examination conducted by the Pre-University Education Board in the State of Karnataka or any other examination considered as equivalent, by RGUHS and Score not less than 40% of marks in Physics, Chemistry and Biology.
For B.Sc. MIT & RT
- Pre-University course from a recognized Board with vocational course in Radiography/Radiology as vocational subject.
For BPT Course
- A candidate who has passed the two-year Pre-University examination conducted by Pre-University Education Board of Karnataka State with English as one of the subjects and Physics, Chemistry and Biology
- A candidate who has passed Boards / Councils / Intermediate examination established by the State / Central Government and recognized as equivalent to a two-year Pre-University Examination by Rajiv Gandhi University of Health Sciences / Association of Indian Universities(AIU) with English, Physics, Chemistry, Biology.
For Lateral entry – B.Sc. courses (MLT, RDT, MIT, AT, OTT and RTT) Courses
- B.Sc. courses (MLT, RDT, MIT, AT, OTT and RTT) lead to direct admission of candidates to second year. The candidates should have passed the Diploma Program from the Government Boards and been recognized by RGUHS, fulfilling the conditions specified in the ordinance of Allied Health Science Courses(Refer to RGUHS website for details).
- The students are eligible to take admission on the lateral entry system only in the same subject studied at diploma level.
- BPT course leads to direct admission of candidates to the third year of the course. The candidates should have passed the 3-year Diploma in Physiotherapy with six months of Internship and studied under a Paramedical Board recognized by RGUHS.
For M.Sc. MLT Course
- A pass in B.Sc. MLT course from an institution affiliated to RGUHS, or from any other university considered as equivalent by RGUHS
- A candidate who has completed B.Sc. in Clinical Biochemistry/Medical Biochemistry
- B.Sc. in Clinical Microbiology/Medical Microbiology are eligible to join M.Sc. MLT in Clinical Biochemistry & M.Sc. MLT in Microbiology & Immunology respectively
- Candidates passing B.Sc. MLT through correspondence or distance education shall not be eligible.
For M.Sc. MIT Course
- A pass in B.Sc. MIT with 60% marks for general category and 55% for reserved category from an institution affiliated to RGUHS, or from any other university considered as equivalent by RGUHS.
- Candidates passing B.Sc. MIT through correspondence or distance shall not be eligible.
For MPT Course
- A Pass in B.Sc. (Physiotherapy) or BPT degree from institutions where the mode of study is a full time program, with a minimum 3½ years / 4 ½ years duration from RGUHS or any other university in India or abroad considered as equivalent. Not less than 50% of marks in aggregate.
- Should have completed 6 months of compulsory rotating internship in Physiotherapy in Colleges recognized by RGUHS – Karnataka.
- Candidates who have passed BPT through Correspondence or Distance Education programs are not eligible.
For MHA Course
- The Candidate should have completed 19 years of age at the time of admission
- To be eligible for admission, a candidate shall have obtained a Bachelor degree with a minimum of 50% aggregate of marks in all the years of university examination. In case of SC/ST candidates the minimum marks shall be 45%
- Bachelor’s degree in any one of the following from an institution affiliated toRGUHS or any other university established under law considered equivalent by RGUHS – viz, MBBS, BDS, BAMS, BHMS, BPT, B.Sc. Nursing (Basic or Post basic), B. Pharm., Hospital /Health Administration (BHA), and B.Sc. in Allied Health Sciences
- Bachelor’s degree in Arts (BA), Commerce (B. Com), Science (B.Sc.), Law (LLB), Social Work (BSW), Engineering (B. Tech/B. E) or Management (BBM/BBA) from a University established under law and recognized by the University Grants Commission.
For DHA Course
- Candidate must be above the age of 19 years at the time of admission
- Candidates should have obtained a basic degree or diploma. General Comprehension and fluency in English language are expected from all candidates.
- Special consideration will be given to alumni of St. John’s Medical College, Bengaluru, who have served in medically under-served areas and with underprivileged people, recognized as such by the College
For M. Phil. in Clinical Psychology
- Candidates who have done a full time 2-year MA/ MSc degree in Clinical/ Counselling/ Applied Psychology of any university approved by the RGUHS, securing not less than 55% marks in the aggregate in the master’s degree course. The Institution has approval from RGUHS to admit 5 candidates per year.
St John’s National Academy of Health Sciences AHS Admission 2021 Application Process
- Application forms for Registration for Allied Health Science courses will be available online ONLY at http://stjohnsadmissions.in OR on the Institutional website www.stjohns.in.
- Please read the instructions before registering and filling the Online Application Form.
- All B.Sc. courses (MLT, MIT, RDT, PT, AOTT, RT) :- Rs. 700/-
- Lateral entry for BPT and B.Sc. courses in MLT, MIT, RDT, AOTT RT :- Rs. 700/
- Bachelor of Physiotherapy (BPT) :- 1000/-
- M.Sc. MLT (Clinical Biochemistry/Microbiology and Immunology/
- Haematology and Blood Transfusion) :- 1000/-
- Master of Physiotherapy (MPT-MSK/CVP/Ped/Com) :- Rs. 1000/-
- Master of Hospital Administration (MHA) :- Rs. 1000/-
- Diploma in Hospital Administration (DHA) :- Rs. 800/-
- For Graduate Courses : Admissions to B.Sc. Respiratory Care Technology will be undertaken only after final approval from RGUHS and Government of Karnataka.
- For Postgraduate Courses : Admissions to M.Sc. Medical Imaging Technology and M.Phil. Clinical Psychology will be undertaken only after final approval from RGUHS and Government of Karnataka.
- Note : The Selection Process for Allied Health Science courses normally involves an Entrance Test and Interview.
For more details and to apply, please visit the official website