- The National Institute of Siddha at Tambaram Sanatorium, Chennai-47 has been constructed in 14.78 acres of land. This is an autonomous Institute under the Ministry of AYUSH, Govt. of India.
Aims and objectives
- To promote the growth and development of Siddha system of medicine.
- To provide health care services to the public through Siddha system of medicine.
- To impart the post graduate education in Siddha system of medicine.
- To undertake research and dissemination.
- To act as a center of excellence
Teaching & Research Activities
- This Institute is affiliated to The Tamil Nadu Dr.M.G.R. Medical University, Chennai-32 and it follows the syllabus and curriculum approved by the Central Council of Indian Medicine (CCIM)
Siddhar Yoga Maruthuvam
- The duration of M.D (Siddha) Degree course is 3 years with exams at the end of each academic year
- The students will be awarded the PG Degree in Siddha Medicine (i.e) M.D (Siddha) by the Tamil Nadu Dr. M.G.R. Medical University
NIS Chennai MD Siddha Admission 2020 Important Dates
Date of downloading of application form commences from
04th December 2020
Last date for receipt of filled-in application form
18th December 2020
Last date for receipt of filled in applications
18th December 2020
Date of Counseling
Will be updated in the website
Eligibility Criteria for NIS Chennai MD Siddha Admission 2020
- A pass in BSMS Degree examination conducted by any CCIM recognized Colleges / Institutes affiliated to any recognized Indian Universities with successful completion of Compulsory Rotatory Residential Internship (CRRI). Candidates who have completed or will be completing CRRI before the date of Counselling are alone eligible to apply for post Graduate M.D (Siddha) Course.
- The Candidate should produce an original CRRI completion certificate at the time of counselling, failing which their application will be rejected.
- Candidates should produce the Provisional Certificate or Degree Certificate from the recognized University and the Registration Certificate issued either in their State Council of Indian Medicine / Tamilnadu Siddha Medical Council (or) Central Council of Indian Medicine at the time of counseling.
NIS Chennai MD Siddha Admission 2020 Application Process
- Application Forms can be downloaded from the Website www.nischennai.org
- Demand Draft for Rs.2000/- in case of General / OBC categories and for SC/ST categories – Rs.1500/- drawn on any Nationalised Bank in favour of “ The Director, National Institute of Siddha” payable at Chennai towards application fee
- Name and Address of the applicant should be mentioned at the backside of the Demand draft with contact number.
- Filled in application forms with enclosures may be handed over in person or sent by Registered Post/ Courier Service/ Speed Post so as to reach "The Director, National Institute of Siddha, Tambaram Sanatorium, Chennai-600 047”, Tamil Nadu, India on or before 5.00 pm
- Application with incomplete or insufficient particulars or without enclosures or those received after the last date mentioned will be summarily rejected.
Application Fee (non refundable)
For SC/ST Candidates
For other Candidates
- Admission to the course will be made strictly based on the merit list prepared on the basis of AIAPGET 2020 marks and applicable rules and regulations.
- In case more than one candidate has secured the same marks the tie shall be resolved on the basis of the following order of priority:
- Percentage of marks obtained in the Final year examinations (Theory, Oral and Clinical marks).
- Least number of attempts in passing the final year examination
- Option and allotment of branches will be made at the time of counselling to be conducted at the National Institute of Siddha, Chennai. Candidates who are absent for counselling will lose their right for admission
- Speciality once opted and allotted to the candidate at the time of counselling will not be changed subsequently under any circumstances
- The stipend shall be paid only to the candidates doing M.D.(S) course for the FIRST time
- All Post–graduate students (except student of Foreign Country) shall be paid stipend at the approved rates as per government norms
- The stipend is payable after verification of attendance and on the recommendation of satisfactory progress of the P.G. students by the respective Head of the Department.