Indian Institutes of Sciences Education and Research BS-MS Dual Degree Program Admission 2022, Apply now
IISER BS MS Dual Degree Admission 2022 – Indian Institutes of Sciences Education and Research (IISER) has invited applications for admission to BS-MS Dual Degree Programs of academic year 2022 at Berhampur, Bhopal, Kolkata, Mohali, Pune, Thiruvananthapuram and Tirupati.
Complete details on IISER BS MS Dual Degree Admission 2022 such as eligibility criteria, application process, fees, etc can be checked form the page below.
IISER BS MS Dual Degree Admission 2022
About the BS and BS-MS Dual Degree Programs
- Five-year dual degree program for science students
- Classroom learning integrated with research, providing ample scope for interdisciplinary activities
- Curriculum with a focus on both breadth and depth in the natural sciences, engineering sciences and economics
- Opportunity to pursue impactful research
- Fully residential campuses with well-equipped hostels
- Access to on-campus medical facilities along with sports and other recreational facilities
- Biological Sciences
- Chemical Sciences
- Earth & Climate Sciences/Earth & Environmental Sciences
- Economic Sciences
- Engineering Sciences (Chemical Engineering, Data Science & Engineering, Electrical Engineering & Computer Science)
- Geological Sciences
- Integrated & Interdisciplinary Sciences (Biological Sciences, Chemical Sciences, Data Sciences, Mathematical Sciences, Physical Sciences)
- Mathematical Sciences
- Physical Sciences
- Note: Four-year BS program in Engineering Sciences and Economics is offered only by IISER Bhopal.
IISER BS MS Dual Degree Admission 2022 Important Dates
- Application portal will open by April 25, 2022
- Application will close on May 20, 2022
- IISER Admission Test 2022 will be conducted on June 12, 2022
IISER BS MS Dual Degree Admission 2022 Eligibility Criteria
- Candidate must be an Indian national or PIO or OCI.
- Candidates must have passed 10+2 or equivalent level exam with science stream in 2021 or 2022 from any board recognized by Council of Boards of School Education in India (COBSE) (list of recognised boards)
- Candidates belonging to GEN/OBC and OBC-NCL should have scored a minimum of 60% marks in aggregate or equivalent grade in the qualifying examination.
- Candidates belonging to SC/ST/PWD should have scored a minimum of 55% marks in aggregate or equivalent grade in the qualifying examination.
- Candidates who are not Indian nationals can apply for admission only through the IIT-JEE (Advanced) channel.
- Candidates who satisfy the minimum eligibility criteria can apply through the following channels for admission:
- Kishore Vaigyanik Protsahan Yojana (KVPY) channel
- Joint Entrance Examination (JEE-Advanced) of the Indian Institutes of Technology
- State and Central Boards Channel (SCB)
- These channels will be referred to as KVPY, JEE, and SCB respectively.
- Candidates having a valid KVPY fellowship commencing from the 2022-23 academic session are eligible to apply for admissions.
- To be eligible for admission via the IIT-JEE (Advanced) channel, candidates (including foreign nationals) must have
- Secured a rank within 15000 in the common rank list (for candidates belonging to GEN/OBC categories) or in the respective category rank lists (for candidates belonging to GEN-EWS/OBC-NCL/SC/ST/PWD categories) of JEE(Advanced).
- Candidates seeking admission through this channel must appear for IISER Aptitude Test (IAT-2022).
- IAT-2022 will be conducted at various centres across the country. Announcement for this will appear in newspapers on April 25th 2022.
Performance criteria in qualifying examination
- If the results of 10+2 (or equivalent) qualifying exams are not yet declared, such candidates can apply for admission to IISERs. However, their admission will be subject to fulfilling the minimum eligibility criteria given above.
- For candidates who had appeared in the Class XII (or equivalent) Board examination for the first time in 2021 and reappeared in any subject (for whatsoever reason) in 2022, the better of two performances will be considered.
- If a Board gives aggregate marks considering both Class XI and Class XII examinations (in the 10+2 system), then only Class XII marks will be considered. If a Board gives aggregate marks considering the results of all three years of a 3-year diploma or courses of equivalent duration, then only the marks scored in the final year will be considered. Similarly, for boards which follow a semester system, the marks scored in the final two semesters will be considered.
- If a Board awards only letter grades without providing an equivalent percentage of marks on the grade-sheet, the candidate should obtain a certificate from the Board specifying the equivalent marks and submit it before the deadline of the mark-sheet submission. In case such a certificate is not provided by the Board, meeting minimum eligibility criteria will be assessed as follows: If CGPA/CPI is reported on any scale other than 10 (for example, 4 points or 8 points scale), an equivalent CGPA/CPI will be calculated as per the following formula: CGPA/CPI in a 10 point scale = (CGPA/CPI Obtained×10)/PS. Finally, the marks will be linearly scaled out of 500. (Here PS stands for Point scale used by the Board).
IISER BS MS Dual Degree Admission 2022 Application Process
- Eligible and Interested candidates can apply through http://www.iiseradmission.in/
- Candidates read all instructions and General Information carefully before applying.
For more details and to apply online, please visit the official website
- All India Entrance Exams 2022 Notifications and Dates
- Admission Notification and Dates 2022
- Latest Entrance Exam 2022 Notification and Dates