About the Program
- ‘Wards of Insured persons’ under ESI Scheme who meet the laid down eligibility criteria and have qualified in National Eligibility cum Entrance Test (UG)-2020 [NEET (UG) – 2020] can apply for admission to UG course (MBBS/BDS) in ESIC Medical/Dental Colleges and some Government Medical Colleges under ‘Insured Persons Quota’ for academic session 2020-21 as per admission policy and procedure approved by the Government of India / ESI Corporation
- The approved provisional policy and procedure (Annexure-1) for admission to undergraduate (MBBS/BDS) Courses in ESIC Medical Education Institutions, provides for ‘Insured Persons (IPs) Quota’ after allocation to “All India Quota” and the “State Government Quota”.
No. of Seats
|Medical College (125) annual MBBS seats)||Insured Person (IP) Quota|
|ESIC Medical College Faridabad, Haryana||43|
|ESIC Medical College Joka, Kolkata, WB||65|
|ESIC Medical College K.K.Nagar, Chennai, TN||25|
|ESIC Medical College Rajajinagar, Bengaluru, Karnataka||56|
|ESIC Medical College Gulbarga, Karnataka||56|
|ESIC Medical College Sanathnagar, Hyderabad||43|
|Government Medical College, Coimbatore, Tamil Nadu*||20|
|Shri Lal Bahadur Shastri Medical College, Ner Chowk ,Mandi, HP||36|
|Government Medical College, Kollam, at Paripally||39|
|ESIC Dental College (62 annual BDS)||Insured Persons (IPs) Quota|
ESI Corporation MBBS and BDS Admission 2020 Important Dates
|Student link for applying on-line||06th November 2020|
|The last date for submitting physical copy of application||10th November 2020|
Eligibility Criteria for ESI Corporation MBBS and BDS Admission 2020
|Candidates seeking admission under ‘Insured Persons Quota’ will have to fulfill the following eligibility criteria|
- Minimum eligibility criteria for admission will be as per MCI/NMC regulations.
- Applicants must have a valid “Ward of Insured Person” Certificate, issued by concerned Regional Director/SRO I/C.
- The selection and admission to MBBS seats in any Medical Institution recognized for running MBBS Courses as per Indian Medical Council Act 1956 subsumed into The National Medical Commission Act, 2019, is subject to fulfilling the admission criteria, eligibility, medical fitness and such other criteria as may be prescribed by the Universities etc. In event of any difference in criteria of MCI/NMC and Affiliating University etc., the higher criteria will prevail.
- Applicants are advised to refer to the websites of the Affiliating Universities, i.e. Rajiv Gandhi University of Health Sciences (RGUHS) for ESIC colleges in Karnataka; West Bengal University of Health Sciences (WBUHS) for ESIC college in West Bengal; The Tamil Nadu Dr. MGR Medical University (TNMGRMU) for ESIC / (State) Government Medical college in Tamil Nadu; and Pt. BD Sharma University of Health Sciences for ESIC college in Haryana, Kaloji Narayana Rao University of Health Sciences (KNRUHS)
ESI Corporation MBBS and BDS Admission 2020 Application Process
- Issue of ward of IP Certificate – All candidates must have valid ‘Ward of IP certificate’ for 2020-21 from the concerned Regional Office (RO) / Sub-regional Office (SRO) of the ESI Corporation (ESIC). The procedure for obtaining the same is as under:
- Candidates are to apply on-line and click in on the ‘link’ to be provided on the ESIC website www.esic.nic.in, when a page would be displayed for registration.
- Following the registration, the applicant is required to complete the form (page) filling up the details asked for.
- Only candidates who are in receipt of Dependents Benefit (IP is no longer alive); or where the parent is receiving Permanent Disablement Benefit (hence an IP for ESIC) may fill ‘Yes’ at serial No. 18 & 19 of the form.
Fee Structure Stipulation on annual basis
|Tuition Fee||Rs 24,000/-(Rs. Twenty four thousand only) per annum|
|University Charges||As per Actual|
|College Security Deposit||Rs 5000/- per annum i.e. chargeable annually|
|Hostel Charges||To be decided separately|
|Hostel and Mess Security||To be decided separately|
|Mess Charges||As per actual|