The AFMC MBBS eligibility criteria is given in this post. The admission to MBBS course in the Armed Forces Medical College Pune is offered through NEET examination conducted by CBSE. The applicants who want to apply for the AFMC MBBS admission should check the complete eligibility criteria of AFMC 2019. Only the candidates who satisfy all the eligibility conditions should apply for the MBBS admission to AFMC Pune.
AFMC MBBS Eligibility Criteria 2021
- Candidates must have passed one of the qualifying examinations listed at sub-para (a) to (j) below in the first attempt with English, Physics, Chemistry and Biology taken simultaneously and securing not less than 60% of the aggregate marks in these three science subjects taken together and not less than 50% marks in English and 50% marks in each of the science subjects. They must have also passed an examination in Mathematics of the tenth standard. The examinations are:-
- The Higher Secondary (10+2) or equivalent examination in Science of a statutory Indian University/board or other recognized examination body with English, Physics, Chemistry & Biology which shall include practical tests in all of these science subjects.
- The Pre-professional/Pre-Medical examination with English, Physics, Chemistry and Biology (after passing either Higher Secondary School examination or pre–University or equivalent examination) which shall include practical tests in these science subjects.
- 1st year of three years Degree course of a recognized University with English, Physics, Chemistry and Biology including practical test in Science subjects provided the examination is a University Examination.
- Senior Secondary of a statutory Examination Board of Indian School Certificate examination of 12 years of study, last two years of study comprising Physics, Chemistry, Biology and Mathematics or any other elective subject with English at higher level.
- Higher Secondary School Certificate examination of Maharashtra State Board of Higher Secondary Education with English at Higher level, anyone of the Modern Indian or Modern Foreign or Classical Languages, Physics, Chemistry, Biology and Mathematics or any other elective subject.
- Any other examination which in scope and standard is found to be equivalent to the Higher Secondary Science/Pre-Professional/Pre-medical Examination of Indian University/ Board with English, Physics, Chemistry and Biology including practical test in each of these Science subjects.
- B.Sc. Examination of a recognized Indian University provided that he/she has passed the B.Sc. Examination in not less than two of the subjects Physics, Chemistry, Botany, Zoology and further that he/she has passed the qualifying examination with Physics, Chemistry, Biology and English.
- Note: The criteria for marks in Qualifying Examination (i.e. 10 + 2 or equivalent exam) will remain the same for the B.Sc. candidates also.
- Candidates who have appeared or will be appearing in the qualifying examination may also apply.
- Candidates from Union Territories of Jammu & Kashmir and Ladakh are also eligible for admission to AFMC Pune.
- The candidate should have attained the age of 17 years on 31 Dec 2021 but must not have attained the age of 24 years on that date i.e. must have been born not earlier than 01 January 1998 and not later than 31 December 2004.