IGNOU launches Post Graduate Certificate in Medical Management of CBRNE Disasters (PGCMDM) for July 2023 session.
IGNOU PGCMDM Admission 2023 – Indira Gandhi National Open University (IGNOU) has launched Post Graduate Certificate in Medical Management of CBRNE Disasters (PGCMDM) through ODL mode for July 2023 cycle. The new academic program is offered by IGNOU School of Health Sciences (SOHS).
Also See : IGNOU 2023
- The term CBRNE stands for ‘Chemical Biological, Radiological, Nuclear and Explosive’. Disasters related to such agents can occur accidentally. However, when used intentionally they become agents of mass destruction.
- CBRNE disasters are ill-understood, diagnosis is difficult and very little management tools exist to manage these disasters, including medical management. Medical management of CBRNE disasters require specific knowledge and skill set that is not covered in the undergraduate curriculum. India is particularly vulnerable to CBRNE attacks
- In light of the above facts, IGNOU in collaboration with the Institute of Nuclear Medicine and Allied Sciences (INMAS), Defence Research and Development Organisation (DRDO) and active support from Integrated Defence Staff (IDS) have developed a 6 months PG Certificate program in Medical Management of CBRNE disasters through open and distance learning for MBBS doctors.
After completing the program, the learner should be able to:
- comprehend the parameters, enormity and complexity of CBRNE threat from a medical perspective
- Describe the impact of chemical, radiological, biological, explosive and nuclear agents on human health
- Assess the health effects of a CBRNE scenario using external and internal assessment tools
- Discuss regarding the medical countermeasures, detection equipment and SOPs of medical management of CBRNE impacts.
- Deliver first aid and initiate immediate life saving responses to a CBRNE disaster
- develop competencies on protection, mitigation and medical management of CBRNE casualties
- Get sensitized about the current R&D initiatives and future directions.
- Minimum 6 months and Maximum 2 years; offered in both January & July cycle of admissions.
- Online Application: Ongoing
- Last Date to submit the Application Form – June 30, 2023
- Candidates who have obtained an MBBS degree from an institute recognised by MCI can are eligible to apply for the course
- Only Indian Citizens would be considered.
- Selection will be made on the basis of merit and taking into account the reservation policy of the University.
- All the candidates would be shortlisted and selected on merit and the number of available seats.
- The merit will be prepared on the basis of final year MBBS Marks. In case of a tie, the experience of the candidate will be taken into account (number of years after MBBS) and the candidate with the higher experience will be selected. In case there is a tie between the two candidates, age will be considered. The candidate who is older will be selected.
- The Applicants can submit the forms through online mode only at https://ignouadmission.samarth.edu.in
Steps for filling Online Application Form
- Download the Information Brochure July 2023 and read it carefully.
- Please ensure your eligibility for the program before filling the online application form
- Click on the button “REGISTER YOURSELF” that appears in the applicant login area and fill the required registration details.
- After filling the mandatory information, click the “SUBMIT” button.
- Your username will be instantly sent to you via e-mail and SMS.
- If you have already registered i.e. you are an existing user, click the “LOGIN” button from the homepage of Online Entrance Test and then login with your Username and password by clicking the “LOGIN” button given on the login screen.
- Fill personal details, program details, qualification details and correspondence details.
- Upload Scanned Photograph (less than 100 KB) and Signature (less than 50 KB)
- Pay your Application Fee through debit/credit card (Master/Visa/Rupay) and Net banking:
- Once you have uploaded your photograph and signature, click the next button. You will get the Form preview option. Save/Print your form for future reference
- Rs. 5,500/- for full Program
For details, visit IGNOU Website www.ignou.ac.in or contact nearest IGNOU Regional Centre/City Centre
IGNOU, New Delhi
Indira Gandhi National Open University (A Central University under MHRD, established by an act of Indian Parliament), Maidan Garhi, New Delhi-110068, Website www.ignou.ac.in