IGNOU launches Post Graduate Certificate in Medical Management of CBRNE Disasters (PGCMDM) for July 2022 session.
IGNOU PGCMDM Admission 2022 – Indira Gandhi National Open University (IGNOU) has launched Post Graduate Certificate in Medical Management of CBRNE Disasters (PGCMDM) through ODL mode for July 2022 cycle. The new academic program is offered by IGNOU School of Health Sciences (SOHS).
Also See : IGNOU 2022
- The term CBRNE stands for ‘Chemical Biological, Radiological, Nuclear and Explosive’. Disasters related to such agents can occur accidentally. However, when used intentionally they become agents of mass destruction.
- CBRNE disasters are ill-understood, diagnosis is difficult and very little management tools exist to manage these disasters, including medical management. Medical management of CBRNE disasters require specific knowledge and skill set that is not covered in the undergraduate curriculum. India is particularly vulnerable to CBRNE attacks
- In light of the above facts, IGNOU in collaboration with the Institute of Nuclear Medicine and Allied Sciences (INMAS), Defence Research and Development Organisation (DRDO) and active support from Integrated Defence Staff (IDS) have developed a 6 months PG Certificate program in Medical Management of CBRNE disasters through open and distance learning for MBBS doctors.
After completing the program, the learner should be able to:
- comprehend the parameters, enormity and complexity of CBRNE threat from a medical perspective
- Describe the impact of chemical, radiological, biological, explosive and nuclear agents on human health
- Assess the health effects of a CBRNE scenario using external and internal assessment tools
- Discuss regarding the medical countermeasures, detection equipment and SOPs of medical management of CBRNE impacts.
- Deliver first aid and initiate immediate life saving responses to a CBRNE disaster
- develop competencies on protection, mitigation and medical management of CBRNE casualties
- Get sensitized about the current R&D initiatives and future directions.
- Minimum 6 months and Maximum 2 years; offered in both January & July cycle of admissions.
- Rs. 5,500/- for full Program
Eligibility Criteria for IGNOU PGCMDM Admission 2022
- Candidates who have obtained an MBBS degree from an institute recognised by MCI can are eligible to apply for the course
- Only Indian Citizens would be considered.
- Selection will be made on the basis of merit and taking into account the reservation policy of the University.
- All the candidates would be shortlisted and selected on merit and the number of available seats.
- The merit will be prepared on the basis of final year MBBS Marks. In case of a tie, the experience of the candidate will be taken into account (number of years after MBBS) and the candidate with the higher experience will be selected. In case there is a tie between the two candidates, age will be considered. The candidate who is older will be selected.
IGNOU PGCMDM Admission 2022 Application Process
- The applicants are required to download the form available in the common prospectus, fill the same and submit it at the address given below for further processing.
- Submit the Application form to: Program Coordinator (PGCMDM), School of Health Sciences, Raman Block (Block D), New Academic Complex, IGNOU, Maidan Garhi, New Delhi 110068
- Only registration fee has to be paid with the application form. Program Fee has to be paid after confirmation of admission to the program.
IGNOU PGCMDM Admission 2022 Important Dates
- Online Application: Ongoing
- Last Date to submit the Application Form July 31, 2022
For details, visit IGNOU Website www.ignou.ac.in or contact nearest IGNOU Regional Centre/City Centre
IGNOU, New Delhi
Indira Gandhi National Open University (A Central University under MHRD, established by an act of Indian Parliament), Maidan Garhi, New Delhi-110068, Website www.ignou.ac.in