IGNOU PhD and M.Phil Admission 2020 (January), Eligibility, Application, Dates
IGNOU announces Admission to PhD and M.Phil Program 2020 January Session
IGNOU PhD M.Phil Admission 2020 - Indira Gandhi National Open University has released notification for the eligible candidates for admission into PhD (Regular Mode) and MPhil Courses for the academic session January 2020
For the upcoming session, PhD Programs are available in 25 subjects and M.Phil Courses are available in 9 subjects.
- Applications are accepted by Indira Gandhi National Open University (IGNOU) for PhD/M.Phil Admission twice in a given year i.e. in January and July respectively. Eligible and interested candidates can apply for IGNOU PhD/M.Phil Admission
- This university conducts an entrance test that is patterned on UGC and CSIR exam. Candidates holding an M.Phil degree or those with required eligibility and experience are exempted from appearing for the university's entrance test
- PhD Program will be offered for January 2020 session in the following disciplines: Psychology, Anthropology, Sociology, Library and Information Science, Political Science, Public Administration, History, Gender and Development Studies, Women's Studies, Geography, Translation Studies, Statistics, Food and Nutritional Sciences, Environmental Science, Geology, Management, Life Sciences*, Commerce, Hindi, Distance Education, Nursing, Social Work, Physics*, Bio Chemistry*, and Chemistry
- M.Phil Program will be offered for January 2020 session in the following disciplines: Sociology, Political Science, Economics*, Chemistry, Geography Translation Studies, Social Work, Commerce and Distance Education
- No Entrance Test shall be conducted in these disciplines
Eligibility Criteria for IGNOU PhD M.Phil Admission 2020
A candidate is eligible for Admission and Registration for the M.Phil/PhD program provided he/she has qualified:
- For the award of Master’s Degree of any recognized University/other qualification recognized as equivalent thereto in such fields of study as are notified for the purpose from time to time by the University. The minimum qualifying marks are 55% at Postgraduate level (50% in case of reserved categories), and
- In the Entrance Examination conducted by the University at the national level on the pattern of UGC/CSIR
- Additional eligibility conditions have been prescribed by individual Disciplines. Candidates are advised to refer these details in the Table given at the end of the Prospectus and ensure that they meet the desired condition/s.
Note: IGNOU has informed via admission notification that these programs are launched in strict compliance with University Grants Commission (Minimum Standards and Procedure for Award of PhD/MPhil Degrees) Regulations, 2016
IGNOU PhD M.Phil Admission 2020 Application Process
- The applicants can submit the forms through online mode only at https://onlineadmission.ignou.ac.in/admission/
Steps for filling Online Application Form
- Download the Information Brochure January 2020 and read it carefully.
- Please ensure your eligibility for the program before filling the online application form
- Click on the button "REGISTER YOURSELF" that appears in the applicant login area and fill the required registration details.
- After filling the mandatory information, click the "SUBMIT" button.
- Your username will be instantly sent to you via email and SMS.
- If you have already registered i.e. you are an existing user, click the "LOGIN" button from the homepage of Online Entrance Test and then login with your Username and password by clicking the "LOGIN" button given on the login screen.
- Fill personal details, program details, qualification details and correspondence details.
- Upload Scanned Photograph(less than 100 KB) and Signature(less than 50 KB)
- Pay your Application Fee through debit/credit card (Master/Visa/Rupay) and Net banking:
- Once you have uploaded your photograph and signature, click the next button. You will get the Form preview option. Save/Print your form for future reference
IGNOU PhD M.Phil Admission 2020 Important Dates
- Last date for Submission of Online Application: 20th January, 2020
- Entrance Exam: January 2020
For detailed information about eligibility, how to apply and other details, refer Admission Brochure at official website www.ignou.ac.in
Indira Gandhi National Open University, Maidan Garhi, New Delhi – 110068. Website: www.ignou.ac.in