UGC announces Maulana Azad National Fellowship (MANF) for Minority Students for the year 2018-19
MANF Fellowship 2019 – University Grants Commission or UGC, the higher education regulator, has invited applications for the award of Maulana Azad National Fellowship or MANF Scholarship for minority students for the academic year 2018-19.
UGC Changed Maulana Azad National Fellowship Eligibility criteria Check Details
- The objective of the MANF scheme is to provide integrated five-year fellowships in the form of financial assistance to students from minority communities, as notified by the Central Govt. to pursue higher studies such as MPhil & PhD at Indian Universities/Institutions/Colleges as indicated below:
- Universities/Institutions/Colleges included under section 2(f) & and 12(B) of UGC Act.
- Deemed to be Universities included under Section 3 of the UGC Act, 1956 and eligible to receive grants-in-aid from UGC
- Universities/Institutions/College funded by Central/State Government.
- Institutes of National Importance.
Also See : Scholarships
Duration of MANF Fellowship 2019
- MPhil maximum duration – 2 years, admissibility of JRF and SRF, JRF – 2 years, SRF – nil
- MPhil + PhD maximum duration – 5 years, admissibility of JRF and SRF, JRF – 2 years, SRF – remaining 3 years
How much is the MANF Fellowship amount?
- The rate of fellowship for JRF and SRF will be at par with the UGC fellowship as amended from time to time. Presently these rates are as follows:
- Fellowship – Rs.25000/- p.m. for initial two years (JRF) and Rs.28000/- p.m. for remaining tenure (SRF).
- Contingency for Humanities & Social Sciences & Commerce: Rs.10000/- p.a. for initial two years and Rs.20500/- p.a. for remaining three years.
- Contingency for Science: Rs.12,000/- p.a. for initial two years and Rs.25,000/- p.a. for remaining three years.
- Escorts/Reader Assistance: Rs.2000/- p.m. in cases of physically and visually challenged candidates.
Eligibility Criteria for Maulana Azad National Fellowship 2019
- A candidate has to fulfill the following conditions to be eligible for award of this fellowship Candidate should belong to one of the minority communities – Muslim, Christian, Sikh, Buddhist, Parsi & Jain notified under Section 2 (c) of the National Commission for Minorities Act, 1992.
- Candidate should submit the minority community certificate on an actionable and legally valid affidavit, until the State Government/Union Territory administration starts to issue the minority community certificate.
- Candidate should be registered for regular and full time MPhil/PhD Courses in University/Academic Institution by fulfilling conditions of admission of that University/Institution
- The annual income of the beneficiary/parents or guardian of the beneficiary should not exceed Rs. 2.5 lakh from all sources.
- Candidate should submit his/her income or his/her parent’s/guardian’s income certificate issued by the appropriate Authority. The candidate should have secured a minimum score of 50% at Postgraduate level
- Transgender candidates are eligible to apply under the scheme. The reservation shall be followed as per Government of India norms.
Maulana Azad National Fellowship 2019 MANF Application Procedure
- The applications may be sent to the Under Secretary (SA-II/SR-III), University Grants Commission, Bahadur Shah Zafar Marg, New Delhi-110002 duly forwarded by the Registrar/Director/Principal of the concerned University/ Institution/ College, where the fellow desires to undertake research work within one month from the date of issue of the advertisement (non-extendable)
- The candidates may also go through the UGC website www.ugc.ac.in for detailed terms and conditions and download the application form.
- Minority Communities candidates (Muslim, Christian, Sikh, Buddhist, Parsi and Jain), notified under Section 2 (C) of the National Commission for Minorities Act, 1992) who are qualified CBSE/NTA-UGC-NET/JRF and/or CSIR-NET/JRF and who have already registered for MPhil/PhD are eligible to apply under the scheme during 2018-19
- Revised guidelines are available on the website of Ministry of Minority Affairs and UGC
Steps to fill-in the Online Form
- Step-1: Personal Information including caste and physical disability certificate (if applicable). A candidate registration id is generated on completion of step 1 that can be used for generating a pdf file once submission process is completed.
- Step-2: Research Work including subject, research topic, department etc.
- Step-3: Other Information including Scholarships/Present employment etc.
- Step-4: Declaration and Final Submission
Maulana Azad National Fellowship 2019 Important Date
- The Last Date for Receipt of Application is 31st December 2018