Teach for India Fellowship Program 2020-22
Teach for India Fellowship Program 2020 – Applications for the 2020-22 Fellowship are now open. Teach for India invites youths and professionals for a two-year, full-time, paid commitment towards Fellowship program to serve as full-time teachers to children from low-income communities in some of the nation’s most under-resourced schools.
- The Teach for India Fellowship program, is an opportunity for India’s brightest and most promising youth, from the nation’s best universities and workplaces, to serve as full-time teachers to children from low-income communities in some of the nation’s most under-resourced schools
- Through this experience of teaching in classrooms and working with key education stakeholders like students, principals, and parents, our Fellows get exposed to the grassroots realities of India’s education system and begin to cultivate the knowledge, skills, and mindsets necessary to attain positions of leadership in education and identify their role in building a wider movement for educational equity in the country
- Our Fellows transform the life paths of children in their classrooms, and in turn transform themselves towards leadership in educational equity
See: Scholarships in India 2019
Eligibility Criteria for Teach for India Fellowship Program 2020
- Education is fundamental to an equitable society. An excellent education equips children and youth with the knowledge, skills, values, and mindsets needed to be empowered individuals and responsible citizens.
- The fact that a high-quality education has wide-ranging benefits for individuals and societies has been demonstrated, time and again, by countries across the world. With nearly 1 in 4 people below the age of 14 years, India today stands at an inflection point; where we go from here depends in large part on our ability to provide equal opportunities for all children to attain an excellent education.
- The truth is that today, more than 50% of students in Grade 5 cannot read a Grade 2 text or solve a simple subtraction problem. The truth is that today, the socio-economic circumstances that a child is born into determines the type of school she attends, the kinds of co-curricular opportunities that are available to her, the quality of life outcomes she attains as an adult, and the kinds of opportunities she passes on to her own children.
- The truth is that today, we are failing the majority of our children.
- The causes underlying this collective failure are numerous, varied and complex. Nevertheless, at Teach for India, we believe that at the root of this crisis in education lies a crisis of leadership. There is a severe deficit of people at all levels of the education system who are committed to working together to improve the capacity and quality of our nation’s schools.
- Teach For India exists precisely to fill this deficit of leadership in education.
About the Fellowship
- Teach For India Fellows commit two years, full-time, to providing their students with the opportunities that can put them on a different life path. The Fellowship journey is one of teaching and learning, of working for children while developing your leadership. Our Fellows are on a mission to end educational inequity for their children, and through this, they develop a long-term commitment to multiply that impact as Alumni.
- Fellows work on these commitments in and beyond the full-time lab of their classroom, where they relentlessly focus on moving their students towards “path-changing” learning, the highest level of our Student Vision Scale.
- By growing in the 3 commitments and embedded with real-life leadership experiences in the classrooms and communities, Fellows are ready to be lifelong learners and leaders for greater impact on children.
- Teach For India Fellows will be paid a salary of Rs. 19,000 per month. If required to relocate from their home city, Fellows will be given a housing allowance ranging from Rs.5500 to 10,000, depending on the city in which they will stay. In addition, Fellows will receive an allowance for school supplies.
See: National Scholarship 2019
- It is a 3 stage process to select the highest potential candidates
- Stage 1: Interested candidate will apply for the program and take an online test named AMCAT
- Stage 2: The telephonic interview will be done after strict scrutiny of the application form
- Stage 3: In the last stage – an in-person Assessment Centre will be done where the applicant teaches a 5-minute lesson, participate in a group discussion and complete a short problem-solving activity
- In 2020, Teach For India Fellows will be placed in seven cities: Mumbai, Pune, Delhi, Hyderabad, Chennai, Ahmedabad, and Bengaluru
Teach for India Fellowship 2020 Application Process
- The application form is available online only https://www.teachforindia.org/become-fellow
- Applications for the 2020-22 Fellowship are now open. Click on the APPLY NOW button above to start your application process. If you have any questions about the Fellowship or the application process, please email firstname.lastname@example.org and our recruitment team will be in touch with you
- The application form will be a six-step form where the applicant will provide all the required details along with details about why he/she wants to join and why he/she is a strong fit for the Fellowship
- Once submitted the application, a link to a one-hour online test (AMCAT) which focuses on English language and decision-making skills will be sent to the registered email id. This must be completed within 4 days from the submission date of the application form
Teach for India Fellowship 2020 Important Dates
There are 4 application deadlines for the 2020 Fellowship Program. The application deadlines are:
- Deadline 1: Sunday, August 25th, 2019, 10:00 PM IST
- Deadline 2: Sunday, October 20th, 2019, 10:00 PM IST
- Deadline 3: Sunday, December 15th, 2019, 10:00 PM IST
- Deadline 4: Sunday, March 1st, 2020, 10:00 PM IST
Teach For India
Godrej One, 2nd Floor, Pirojshanagar, Eastern Express Highway, Vikhroli (East), Mumbai – 400079, Tel: +91 22 25194283/25194284, Website www.teachforindia.org