SJVN Silver Jubilee Merit Scholarship Scheme 2018
SJVN Foundation announces SJVN Silver Jubilee Merit Scholarship Scheme 2018
SJVN Silver Jubilee Merit Scholarship Scheme 2018 - HIMCON on the behalf of SJVN Foundation invites application for SJVN Silver Jubilee Merit Scholarship Scheme 2018. This scheme is available for those students who have passed class 12th examination from the states of Himachal Pradesh, Uttarakhand, Bihar, Arunachal Pradesh and Maharashtra.
SJVN Ltd. has introduced "SJVN Silver Jubilee Merit Scholarship Scheme" with presenting the aim of teaching competitive courage between students and to cultivate their academic talent.
Also See : Scholarships 2018
Eligibility Criteria for SJVN Silver Jubilee Merit Scholarship Scheme 2018
- Those students who scored minimum 60% or its equivalent grade in Senior Secondary (12) examination in any subject from a school under State Education Board, CBSE or ICSE in the previous year in the State of Himachal Pradesh, Uttarakhand, Bihar, Arunchal Pradesh and Maharashtra
- The students belongs to any domicile are eligible to apply for the scheme
- The students who are getting any other scholarship are not eligible to get SJVN scholarship
Number & Amount of Scholarship
- SJVN scholarship will be given to 250 students. Rs.2000/- (two thousand) per month will be given to the scholar for the whole duration of next higher course after class 12 like bachelors degree in Engineering, Medical, Arts/Science/Commerce/Agriculture/ Horticulture/ Veterinary/ Business Administration/ Computer Applications/LLB (5 years course ) etc.
- In Bihar, Maharashtra, Uttarakhand and Arunachal Pradesh states, 50% seats are reserved for the students studying in the schools situated under Project Affected Area village and then remaining 50% for the Districts in which the Project is located
- However, the vacant seats in one category will be considered for another category.
- Duly filled application forms will be screened by a selection committee or agency engaged by SJVN. The committee/agency will shortlist the candidates on following criteria:
- Rank obtained by the student in terms of marks/equivalent grade obtained in 10+2 Board Exam
- In case of tie of the ranking, the candidate of higher age will be preferred
- The shortlisted candidates will be called for an interview before the selection committee with all original academic certificates and testimonials. The candidates who fail to turn up for the interview on specified date will not be considered for the scholarship
- More submission of the application will not guarantee the eligibility for the scholarship
- SJVN will have the right to accept or reject the candidature of any candidate at any stage without assigning reasons
Application form for SJVN Silver Jubilee Merit Scholarship 2018
- The application form can be filled and submitted online or can be downloaded from www.himcon.org or www.scholarship.himcon.org
- The duly filled in application form should be accompanied by two passport size photographs of the student and attested marks sheet of class 12th exam should be sent to Managing Director HIMACHAL CONSULTANCY ORGANIZATION LTD. 1st Floor Shree Niketan, Mehli-Shogi Road, Lower Panthaghati (Near IT Bhawan) Shimla-171013
Important Dates for SJVN Silver Jubilee Merit Scholarship 2018
- The Last Date for Receipt of Applications Online and Offline is 15th October 2018
For Further comprehensive details regarding scheme log on to www.himcon.org or call 0-98170-60241, 0-98176-86510,0-98166-14240