SJVN Foundation announces SJVN Silver Jubilee Merit Scholarship Scheme 2019
SJVN Silver Jubilee Merit Scholarship Scheme 2019 – HIMCON on behalf of SJVN Foundation invites application for SJVN Silver Jubilee Merit Scholarship Scheme 2019. This scheme is available for those students who have passed class 12th examination from the states of Himachal Pradesh, Uttarakhand, Bihar, Maharashtra and Gujarat.
SJVN has introduced “SJVN SILVER JUBILEE MERIT SCHOLARSHIP SCHEME” for the meritorious students who have passed out plus two Examinations in the year 2019 which aims at inculcating competitive spirit amongst students and to nurture their academic talent.
See: Scholarships 2019
Eligibility Criteria for SJVN Silver Jubilee Merit Scholarship Scheme 2019
- The students who have secured minimum 60% or its equivalent grade in 12th class examination in any discipline from a school under State Education Board, CBSE or ICSE in the immediate preceding academic session in the States of Himachal Pradesh, Uttrakhand, Bihar, Maharashtra and Gujarat.
- Eligibility for percentage of marks for BPL will be 50% and for PWD pass marks.
- There will be no domicile restriction for the students for eligibility for the scheme.
- Recipients of any other scholarship will not be eligible for getting this SJVN scholarship.
Number & Amount of Scholarship
- SJVN scholarship will be given to 150 students will be awarded scholarship of Rs. 2000/-( Rs. two thousands only) per month for pursuing regular course for the whole duration of next higher course after class 12th like Bachelors Degree in Engineering, Medical, Arts/ Science/ Commerce/ Agriculture/ Horticulture/ Veterinary/ Business Administration/ Computer Applications/ LLB (5 years course)/ /MBBS etc.
- In the states of Uttrakhand, Bihar, Maharashtra and Gujarat the first 50% seats will be earmarked for the students studying in the schools situated under Project Affected Area (PAA) villages and then remaining 50% for the district(s) in which the Project is located.
- However the vacant seats in one category will be considered for another category.
- Duly filled application forms will be screened by agency engaged by SJVN. The committee/ agency will shortlist the candidates on the following criteria:
- Rank obtained by the student in terms of marks/ equivalent grade obtained in 10+2 Board Examination. In case of a tie of the ranking, the candidate of higher age will be preferred.
- The shortlisted candidates will be called for the screening with all original academic certificates and testimonials. Mere submission of application will not guarantee eligibility for the scholarship.
- SJVN will have the right to accept or reject the candidature of any candidate at any stage without assigning reasons.
SJVN Silver Jubilee Merit Scholarship Scheme 2019 Application Process
- The application form can be filled and submitted online or can be downloaded from www.himcon.org or www.scholarship.himcon.org
- The duly filled in application form should be accompanied by two passport size photographs of the student, attested marks sheet of class 12th exam, BPL and PWD certificate if applicable should be sent to Managing Director Himachal Consultancy Organization Ltd. 1st Floor Shree Niketan, Mehli-Shoghi Road, Lower Panthaghati (Near IT Bhawan) Shimla-171013 on or before 20th October 2019.
- The shortlisted candidates will be called for verification of documents with original academic certificates and testimonials.
SJVN Silver Jubilee Merit Scholarship Scheme 2019 Important Dates
- The Last Date for Receipt of Applications Online and Offline is 20th October 2019
For Further comprehensive details regarding scheme log on to www.himcon.org or call 0-98166-14240, 0177-2627974.