APJ Abdul Kalam Postgraduate Fellowship 2019 announced
APJ Abdul Kalam Postgraduate Fellowship 2020 – This Postgraduate Fellowship is announced in honor of President A.P.J. Kalam President Kalam was a strong advocate for young people and a passionate supporter of clean energy and energy independence.
Eligible Fields of Study
- Applied Anthropology
- Applied Physics
- Business Ph.D. programs
- Cell Biology, Microbiology & Molecular Biology
- Computer Science & Engineering
- Integrative Biology
- Marine Science
Also see : Scholarships
Selection of Awardees
- USF World, which is solely responsible for allocating the award, will set up a review committee to select the winning PhD proposal from among those candidates who have been accepted by their department. The committee will be looking for a student with exceptional academic credentials and experience in the chosen discipline and a well-crafted research proposal. USF World is authorized to make a final decision of the Kalam Fellow from recommendations made by the review committee.
The University of South Florida will:
- Waive all tuition for a total of up to four years.
- Contribute a stipend of $22,000 that is payable in three installments of $8000 each in the fall and spring semesters and $6000 in the summer semester. In addition to waiving tuition fees, this award covers health insurance and other fees.
- The stipends will be payable by USF once the winner of the President A.P.J. Abdul Kalam Postgraduate Fellowship at the University of South Florida is enrolled at the university for his/her first term.
- All other costs (e.g., airfare, housing at USF, etc.) will be met by the awardee.
APJ Abdul Kalam Postgraduate Fellowship 2020 Application Process
- All candidates must have submitted a USF graduate application and established a university ID number at the USF graduate admissions portal prior to submitting the Kalam Fellowship form. Once admitted to USF, the awardee will comply with all USF regulations, processes and procedures and all applicable law. To submit the A.P.J. Kalam application, candidates must scan the following materials and email them to [email protected] in one composite PDF (please do not send .jpeg files):
- A brief letter outlining your interest in the Fellowship and your proposed area of study.
- Curriculum Vitae including your current occupation, your academic and professional experience/achievement and evidence of scholarly activity
- Statement on intended research for your Ph.D. degree under the Kalam Fellowship
- Two Letters of Recommendation on academic and/or professional letterhead
- Some programs may require a GRE score; please check with individual departments’ requirements
- Candidates are strongly encouraged to apply to their academic program as early as possible. Admissions dates vary depending on program; be sure to check online for your prospective program.
APJ Abdul Kalam Postgraduate Fellowship 2020 Important Dates
- The deadline to apply for the A.P.J. Kalam Fellowship is 3rd February 2020.
University of South Florida
4202 E. Fowler Avenue, CGS 101, Tampa, FL 33620, USA – 813-974-5528, Email: [email protected], Website https://www.usf.edu/