A.P.J. Abdul Kalam Postgraduate Fellowship 2019 announced
APJ Abdul Kalam Postgraduate Fellowship 2019 – This Postgraduate Fellowship is announced in honor of President A.P.J. Kalam President Kalam was a strong advocate for young people and a passionate supporter of clean energy and energy independence.
He visited the University of South Florida (USF) in 2012 and is remembered affectionately by USF and the vibrant Indian heritage community in Tampa Bay, Florida. Only one award will be offered each academic year.
The notification for President APJ Abdul Kalam Postgraduate Fellowship 2019 has been announced.
Also see : Scholarships 2019
Eligible Fields of Study
- The student award will be offered to a student who graduated from or is about to graduate from an Indian University and is seeking to pursue a Ph.D. degree in the following subject/discipline at the University of South Florida:
- Applied Anthropology
- Applied Physics
- Business Ph.D. programs
- Cell Biology, Microbiology & Molecular Biology
- Computer Science & Engineering
- Integrative Biology
- Marine Science
Selection of Awardees
- Application for the award will be made to USF World, which will also be solely responsible for allocating the award. The Postgraduate Fellowship will recognize laudable students who graduated from or is about to graduate from an Indian university, have exceptional academic credentials, and a passion for the STEM fields of study.
- Applicants must demonstrate experience in his or her discipline, research productivity, and professional contributions and achievements to the field.
- The University of South Florida will:
- Waive all tuition for a total of up to four years,
- Contribute a stipend of $22,000 that is payable in three installments of $8000 each in the fall and spring semesters and $6000 in the summer semester. Kalam fellows receive the stipend after the Drop/Add Deadline the first week of classes in the Fall, Spring and Summer semesters. In addition, the University will pay full-time tuition (up to 12 credits per semester) for graduate-level credit hours taken at USF that count toward your graduate degree,
APJ Abdul Kalam Postgraduate Fellowship 2019 Application Procedure
- All candidates must have submitted a USF graduate application by February 15th and established a university ID number at the USF graduate admissions portal prior to submitting the Kalam Fellowship form.
- Once admitted to USF the Awardee will comply with all USF regulations, processes and procedures and all applicable law. Upon completion of online application, candidates must scan the following materials and email them to KalamFellowship@usf.edu:
- A letter expressing interest describing his/her academic success and area of intended study
- a. Curriculum Vitae
- b. Statement of research and evidence of scholarly activity
- c. Three letters of recommendation on academic and/or professional letterhead
- d. Postgraduate Fellowship Form)
- Visit www.usf.edu/world for more information. Submit all materials to KalamFellowship@usf.edu by 01st March 2019
Important Dates for APJ Abdul Kalam Postgraduate Fellowship 2019
- Deadline to Apply for the Kalam Postgraduate Fellowship is 01st March 2019
- Fellowship decisions will be announced in mid-May 2019
University of South Florida
4202 E. Fowler Avenue, CGS 101, Tampa, FL 33620, USA – 813-974-5528, Email: KalamFellowship@usf.edu, Website https://www.usf.edu/