National Scholarships Portal (NSP) notifies National Fellowship & Scholarship for Higher Education of ST Students 2019
National Fellowship & Scholarship for Higher Education of ST Students 2019 – National Scholarships Portal (NSP) invites application for National Fellowship & Scholarship for Higher Education of ST Students 2019
At present two Central Sector Scholarship Schemes of Rajiv Gandhi National Fellowship (RGNF) for ST students and Top Class Education for ST Students are implemented by this Ministry to provide financial assistance for pursuing higher education of ST students.
- Fellowship: The objective of the scheme is to encourage the ST students, a section of society with the lowest literacy level s in the country, to acquire higher education in the form of fellowships to pursue M. Phil and Ph. D. Courses, with a view to create qualified professionals to hold posts of teachers /professionals and other higher stages of employment
- Scholarship: ST Students is intended to encourage meritorious ST students to pursue courses at Graduate/Post Graduate level in identified Institutions of excellence, Government and Private, in professional fields such as Management, Medicine, Engineering, Information Technology, Law etc.
See: National Scholarship Portal
Eligibility Criteria for National Fellowship & Scholarship for Higher Education of ST Students 2019
- The Fellowship/ Scholarship will be available only to the ST candidates who fulfil the following conditions for the award:
- The candidate belonging to ST should have passed the Post-Graduation examination for being eligible for the Fellowship. The candidate should get admission and registration for regular and full time M.Phil/Ph.D Courses in University / Academic Institutions recognized by UGC under Section 2 (f) of the UGC Act / ICAR by fulfilling the conditions of admission of that University/Institution.
- The list of University/Academic Institution as referred to in sub para (i) above shall be identified by the ministry. To access the list, click here.
- The ST students once considered eligible for the Fellowship shall not be entitled for any other scholarship of the Centre or State Government the same study.
- The fellowship shall be payable once the student has secured admission and started the research work.
- In order to qualify for Senior Research Fellowship a candidate will have to fulfill the UGC/ICAR norms prescribed in this regard
- ST students who have secured admission in the notified Institutions according to the norms prescribed by the respective Institutions will be eligible for the scholarship under the scheme.
- The total family income of the candidate to be eligible for this scholarship from all sources should not exceed Rs.4.50 lakh per annum.
- The scholarship will become payable immediately after a student has secured admission and has started attending the classes.
- The scholarship awarded, will continue till the completion of the course, subject to satisfactory performance of the student.
See: National Scholarship Portal
- The rate of Fellowship for JRF and SRF will be at par with the UGC/ICAR Fellowships as the case may be as amended from time to time. In addition, HRA will be paid as per UGC norm and for physically/visually handicapped candidates, escorts/reader assistants will be given at the prescribed rate.
- Under the scheme, the ST students will be awarded a scholarship to meet the requirements for:
- Full tuition fee and other non-refundable dues in respect of Government/Government-funded institutions. However, there will be a ceiling of Rs.2.00 lakhs per annum per student for private sector institutions;
- Living expenses will be provided as per actuals subject to maximum ceiling of Rs. 2200/- per month per student; 9
- Books and stationery @ Rs.3000/- per annum per student;
- Cost of a latest computer along with its accessories limited to Rs. 45,000/- as one time assistance during the course.
- Tenure of Fellowship
- The maximum duration for which the fellowships are available is given below: –
- Enrollment of M.Phil. – 2 years
- PhD Exclusively – 5 years
- Enrollment of PhD after completion of MPhil 2 years (MPhil) and 3 years (PhD)
See: Scholarship Programs
National Fellowship & Scholarship for Higher Education of ST Students 2019 Application Process
- Advertisement for inviting applications
- Fellowship – The Scheme of Fellowship will be advertised in the leading newspapers, Employment News. A portal is being developed at Ministry to invite online fellowship application. Candidates shall, after getting registration/admission in the notified Universities/Institutes and after assessing their eligibility and suitability as per the criteria prescribed for Fellowship
- Scholarship – The Scheme for Scholarship will be advertised in the National Scholarship Portal every year in the beginning of the academic session. Candidates shall, after getting registration/admission in the notified Universities/Institutes and after assessing their eligibility and suitability as per the criteria prescribed for Scholarship apply online through the Scholarship Portal strictly within the cutoff date and time given in the advertisement.
Payment of the Fellowship/Scholarship
- Payment of the Fellowship/Scholarship amount of the scheme for STs would be made through the system of Direct Benefit Transfer through the Aadhaar Payment Bridge into the Aadhaar seeded bank a/c of the beneficiaries from the Ministry of Tribal Affairs
- The selected candidates should obtain the Aadhaar number on priority basis. Pending Aadhaar seeding of the beneficiary bank a/c, payment would be made into the bank account through NEFT.
- National Scholarship Portal www.scholarships.net.in/national-scholarships-portal
National Fellowship & Scholarship for Higher Education of ST Students 2019 Important Dates
- Application – Closing Date: 31st October 2019
- Last Date for Defective Verification: 15th November 2019
- Last Date for Institute Verification: 15th November 2019
National Scholarship Portal
Site Best Viewed In, IE-6+, Mozilla Firefox, Chrome, Safari etc, Tel.: 0120 – 6619540, Email: firstname.lastname@example.org, Website https://scholarships.gov.in/