National Scholarship Scheme 2018 Notification for ST Students
National Scholarship Scheme, Post Matric Scholarship (PMS) for ST Students 2018-19: National Scholarships Portal (NSP) invites application for Post Matric Scholarship for ST Students 2018-19.
Also See : Scholarships 2019
Check the National Scholarship Scheme details availed for ST Students.
- Organisation: National Scholarship Portal
- Scholarship Name: Post Matric Scholarship (PMS) for ST Students 2018-19
- The objective of the scheme is to upgrade the merit of ST students by providing them remedial and special coaching in classes IX to XII.
National Scholarship Portal Karnataka Post Matric Scholarship for ST Students 2018-19 Notification
Salient Features of National Scholarship Scheme passed on National Scholarship Portal
- A Centrally Sponsored Scheme implemented by the State Governments and Union Territory Administrations.
- 100% Central assistance over and above the committed liability of the States Governments/UTs Administration from the Govt. of India. The Scheme provides financial assistance to the Scheduled Tribe students studying at post matriculation or post-secondary stage. Scholarships are available for studies in India only.
- The State Government and UT to which the applicant actually belongs awards the scholarship.
Benefits Students will Get through National Scholarship Scheme
- A package grant of Rs. 19,500/- per students per year comprising the following
- Rs. 11,500/- per students per year as under: Boarding & lodging charges @ Rs. 700/- Per month for 10 months - Rs.7000/-
- Pocket Money @ Rs.200/- for 10 months = Rs. 2000/-
- Books and Stationery = Rs. 2500/-
- Rs. 8,000/- per year per student for honorarium to Principal, Experts and other incidental charges
- Besides the amount of scholarship, students with disabilities are also eligible for the additional grants provided in the Scheme.
National Scholarship Scheme Eligibility Criteria
- Scholarships are paid to students whose parents’/guardians’ income from all sources does not exceed Rs. 2.50 lakh per annum. All children of the same parents/guardian are eligible.
- Scheduled Tribe candidates who have passed the matriculation or higher secondary or any higher examination of a recognized University or Board of Secondary Education are eligible.
- The scholarships are available for the study of all recognized post matriculation or post-secondary courses in recognized institutions except certain identified training courses like Aircraft Maintenance Engineer’s Courses, Private Pilot Licence courses etc.
- Students who have received coaching in any of the pre-examination training centres with financial assistance from the Government will not be eligible
How to Apply - National Scholarship Registration for ST Students Post Matric
- Just follow the below steps to apply for the Post Matric Scholarship (PMS) For ST Students 2018-19
- Step 1: Go to the official website of National Scholarship Portal through the URL provided above
- Step 2: Then Select State Schemes tab and Click on Karnataka in the drop down list.
- Step 3: After that Click Apply link in the “Post Matric Scholarship (PMS) For ST Students” under Karnataka
- National Scholarship Portal: www.scholarships.net.in/national-scholarships-portal
Important Scholarship Registration Dates
- Last date to submit the application for Post Matric Scholarship (PMS) for ST Students 2018-19 is 31st December 2018