Ministry of Tribal Affairs notifies National Fellowship & Scholarship for Higher Education of ST Students 2022, Apply now
National Fellowship & Scholarship for Higher Education of ST Students 2022 – Ministry of Tribal Affairs invites application for National Fellowship & Scholarship for Higher Education of ST Students 2022.
National Fellowship & Scholarship for Higher Education of ST Students 2022
- The erstwhile two Central Sector Schemes namely Rajiv Gandhi National Fellowship (RGNF) for ST students and Top Class Education for ST Students earlier implemented by this Ministry to provide financial assistance for pursuing higher education of ST students were merged into a single Central Sector Scheme called “National Fellowship and Scholarship for Higher Education of ST Students”.
- Fellowship: The objective of the scheme is to encourage the ST students, a section of society with the lowest literacy levels in the country, to acquire higher education in the form of fellowships to pursue M. Phil and Ph. D. Courses, with a view to create qualified professionals to hold posts of teachers /professionals and other higher stages of employment
- Scholarship: ST Students is intended to encourage meritorious ST students to pursue courses at Graduate/Post Graduate level in identified Institutions of excellence, Government and Private, in professional fields such as Management, Medicine, Engineering, Information Technology, Law etc.
- Scheme Closing Date : Open till 17th January 2023
- Defective Verification: Open till 31st January 2023
- Institute Verification: Open till 31st January 2023
- DNO/SNO/MNO Verification : Open till 15th February 2023
- The Fellowship/ Scholarship will be available only to the ST candidates who fulfill the following conditions for the award:
- The candidate belonging to ST should have passed the Post-Graduation examination for being eligible for the Fellowship. The candidate should get admission and registration for regular and full time M.Phil/Ph.D Courses in University / Academic Institutions recognized by UGC under Section 2 (f) of the UGC Act / ICAR by fulfilling conditions of admission of that University/Institution.
- The list of University/Academic Institution as referred to in sub para (i) above shall be identified by ministry.
- The ST students once considered eligible for the Fellowship shall not be entitled for any other scholarship of the Centre or State Government for the same study.
- The fellowship shall be payable once the student has secured admission and started the research work.
- In order to qualify for Senior Research Fellowship a candidate will have to fulfill the UGC/ICAR norms prescribed in this regard.
- ST students who have secured admission in the notified Institutions according to the norms prescribed by the respective Institutions will be eligible for the scholarship under the scheme.
- The student will be eligible to join only the list of Institution identified by the Ministry.
- The total family income of the candidate to be eligible for this scholarship from all sources should not exceed Rs.6.0 lakh per annum.
- The scholarship shall be payable once the student has secured admission and started attending the classes.
- The scholarship awarded, will continue till the completion of the course, subject to satisfactory performance of the student.
Financial Assistance for Fellowship
- Fellowship : @ Rs. 25000/- PM
- Contingency : i) Rs.10000/per year for Humanities & Social Sciences ii) Rs.12000/-per year for Science, Engineering Technology
- Fellowship : @ Rs.28000/- PM
- Contingency : i) Rs.20500 per year for Humanities & Social Sciences ii) Rs.25000 per year for Science, Engineering Technology
- HRA : As per rules of the University/Institutions/Colleges
- Escorts/Reader Assistance : Rs.2000/-p.m in case of physically handicapped and blind candidates for all the subjects
Financial Assistance for Scholarship
- Tuition Fees :
- Full tuition fee and other non-refundable dues in respect of Government /Government funded institutions.
- Remark : There will be a ceiling of Rs.2.50 lakhs per annum per student for private sector institutions
- Books & Stationery :
- @ Rs.3000/-
- Remark : per annum per student without bills/vouchers
- Living expenses
- 2200/- per month
- Remark : Amount will be provided as per actuals subject to maximum ceiling 26400/- per annum
- Computer & Accessories
- Rs.45000/- One time assistance during the tenure)
- Remark : Computer may be Desktop/Laptop etc. The accessories may, interalia, include all kind of printers, CDs/DVDs, Keyboard, Mainboard, Motherboard, Hard Disk Drive, Mouse, Sound adapters, Toners, Speakers, USB Hubs/Cables, Memory Chips, Memory Card readers etc
Tenure of Fellowship
- The maximum duration for which the fellowships are available is given below: –
- Enrollment of M.Phil.- 2 years
- Ph.D Exclusively- 5 years
- Enrollment of Ph.D after completion of M.Pil – 2 years (M.Phil) and 3 years (Ph.D)
Tenure of Scholarship
- The duration of the course varies as per the course selected by the candidates.
- Candidates can apply online at National Scholarship Portal: https://scholarships.gov.in/
- Fellowship – The Scheme of Fellowship will be advertised in the leading newspapers, Employment News. A portal is being developed at the Ministry to invite online fellowship applications. Candidates shall, after getting registration/admission in the notified Universities/Institutes and after assessing their eligibility and suitability as per the criteria prescribed for Fellowship
- Scholarship – The Scheme for Scholarship will be advertised in the National Scholarship Portal every year in the beginning of the academic session. Candidates shall, after getting registration/admission in the notified Universities/Institutes and after assessing their eligibility and suitability as per the criteria prescribed for Scholarship apply online through the Scholarship Portal strictly within the cutoff date and time given in the advertisement.
For more details and apply online visit the official website