Lakshmipat Singhania Education Foundation and the University of Massachusetts Amherst announces LSEF-UMass Scholarship 2020
LSEF-UMass Scholarship 2020 – Lakshmipat Singhania Education Foundation and the University of Massachusetts Amherst are jointly offering scholarships to Indian students for select Master’s programs from UMass Amherst
These scholarships aim at making high quality global education accessible to meritorious students from India and launched the first batch in 2020
About the Scholarship
- For the second batch commencing in Fall 2020, 15 scholarships will be offered covering upto 50% of the academic tuition worth Rs 20,00,000 for the following programs leading to a Master’s degree from UMass Amherst:
- M.S. in Data Analytics and Computational Social Science
- M.S. in Applied Economics
- Master of Public Policy
- The scholarships are curated for two years post-graduate studies with world-class faculty, the first year being at a host institution in India- JK Lakshmipat University, Jaipur and the second year at UMass Amherst. After successful completion, the M.S programs offer up to 3 years and MPP up to 1 year OPT (employment authorisation) in the United States. The Scholarship is not a loan and does not require to be repaid.
Eligibility Criteria for LSEF-UMass Scholarship 2020
- Applicants need to be Indian citizens.
- Candidates who have completed (or will complete before July 2020) a minimum of three years of undergraduate (bachelor) degree in any discipline from an accredited institution or University in India are eligible to apply.
- Applicants should have studied Mathematics as a subject upto a minimum of 12th grade or equivalent.
- Applicants should have secured a minimum of 75% marks in their Undergraduate degree, 12th and 10th grades (or equivalent).
- GRE and GMAT scores are not mandatory for admission.
LSEF-UMass Scholarship 2020 Application Process
- Submit an Expression of Interest
- Candidates will receive an invitation to complete and submit an online application form along with all requirements including a statement of purpose and recommendation letters.
- Shortlisted candidates will be invited for an aptitude assessment and personal interview with the selection committee comprising of LSEF and UMass Amherst representatives.
- Selections will be made on a rolling basis until all the scholarships are granted and accepted. Therefore, early application is encouraged.
LSEF-UMass Scholarship 2020 Important Dates
- Round 1: 15th October 2019 to 15th January 2020
- Round 2: 16th January 2020 to 15th April 2020
- Round 3: 16th April 2020 to 31st July 2020
- *Early Action Deadline: 30th November 2019
For more details, please visit http://lse.foundation/lsef-umass-scholarship/